Or Continue to Thread: How to root 1.4.1 (or any othe…
Find Your Device:
8th September 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #240  
Flag Florence, AZ
Thanks Meter: 190

910 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtemal

I just spent the past 3 days trying to root my NT 16gb which auto updated to 1.4.3. I still cant get it to go. Are there any clear instructions on how to do this?

Ok here you go.

Put your SD Card into your computer.

Download the CWM_SD_flash_and_exe from here and unzip them into a folder.

Right Click on the included Win32DiskImager choose Run As Administrator

Make sure that the drive link under Device is showing your SD Card. Change it if it isn't, then click on the folder.

Navigate to the cwm_sd_flashing_boot.img that was included with the zip, then click save.

Then click on Write on Win 32 Disk Imager. It will take ~5 minutes. Once it's done, click exit.

Download the update.zip from here and copy it to your SD Card.

(Optional) Download a Recovery zip image from this thread and put it on the SD Card as well.
Edit: Most recent CWM can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=1

Eject the SD Card and put it into your nook.

Power on the Nook and you should see a white background with a box on it, then it should boot into the Recovery.

From there, go to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from External SD Card and install the update.zip you just downloaded.

(Optional) From the same location in the Recovery, install the Recovery image you just downloaded.

Power off your nook, remove the SD Card, and power it back on. It should boot normally and you should now be rooted.

Warning: I take no responsibility for broken nooks or other damage that may happen. This has worked for me, but that is no indicator if it will work for you.
Last edited by liquidzoo; 18th December 2012 at 03:59 PM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to liquidzoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]