Or Continue to Thread: [Official] ICS rom for captiva…
Find Your Device:
8th September 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 85

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnahc79

That requires root access and messing with stock recovery right? Although it can be done quickly, it could mess up any future official ICS update...you know, an official build that has the backlight fix + other fixes. I'd rather not deal with unrooting, getting stock recovery back on, and still have a risk of a soft brick....all for a backlight fix. For my scenario ICS can wait or never be applied on the glide. My wife doesn't care .

It actually doesn't require root access, just a custom recovery, which is flashed from the PC. You can then replace it with a stock recovery, if you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh56

Im in the same situation can u do like a step by step how to do that cause i dont want to brick my phone in my trying to figure it out on my own :P

I made a walkthrough for the entire leak here, but I'll snip it down and just assume you're running some form of ICS now that's completely stock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakageta

To fix the keyboard backlight bug, you'll need the following:
Odin 1.85
Clockworkmod Recovery
The Keyboard Backlight fix The one labeled LH2 is for the official, the one labeled CWM is for the leak. If you're not sure what you're on, go to About Phone, and check the Baseband Version, if it ends in LH2 you're on the official, if it ends in LG9 it's the leak.
Optionally, SuperUser 3.2 RC3 if you'd like root.

First, make sure you have Kies installed, so that you have the correct USB drivers. Download the 4.0.4 .exe file from here. Power off your phone, hold Volume Up and Power to turn it back on. Keep holding them until you get a screen warning you about custom software, and release, then press volume up again to enter download mode. Hook the phone up to your pc and run Odin 1.85. Uncheck "F. Reset Time" and make sure that the only box checked is Auto Reboot, you shouldn't need to change anything else. Click on the PDA button, and load the clockworkmod .md5 file you downloaded, then press the start button and wait for the device to reboot.

This time you'll reboot into recovery. Power the phone off, hold the volume down and power button to turn the phone one. Keep holding them until you see text about entering recovery in the top left, and release. Use the volume keys to navigate and power to select, and go to Install zip from sdcard. Select the keyboard backlight fix zip. Once that's finished, if you'd like to be rooted, repeat the process to flash a zip, and this time select Choose zip from sdcard, selecting the superuser zip you downloaded earlier. Select Yes, and wait for superuser to flash. If you plan on keeping Clockwork Mod Recovery, you should make a backup now. To do so, select Backup and restore, and backup. This will take a bit, just be patient. When you're finished, select reboot system now, and you should be set.

From here, if you rooted you can install something like Titanium Backup, which will use root access to let you remove the various AT&T bloatware.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bakageta For This Useful Post: [ View ]