[ROM][4.1.2][AOSP] LANIGHT (Project eXtreme Butter) [v8.5_Datadata/v6.0_Nodatadata]

Which LANIGHT version is your daily driver?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ChuckDaEngineer

Mar 19, 2011
Tampa
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Crudely Themed But Working

For those interested here is a version of LANIGHTV2NODATADATA I did for my own amusement.

Changes: Themed Framework-Res
Themed SystemUI
Themed Settings
Modified gps.conf to include North America server
Modified build.prop to include some battery tweaks (the jury is still out on these)

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-58-39.png

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-58-57.png

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-59-05.png

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-59-17.png

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-59-27.png

Screenshot_2012-09-08-07-59-58.png

All thanks go to the golfslicer (Buttercream dev) and cobalt dev ( forget who that was). If I ever get smart enough to decompile the .apk files I can clean this up and put together a 1% battery mod. I will start working on a flashable zip so people don't have to reinstall the whole ROM. If coming from V2DATADATA just need to wipe cache and dalvik and everything should be OK. If coming from a different ROM please do the whole wipe cycle including format system. Enjoy and please be nice... I am very sensitive. LOL:crying:;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12552197/LANIGHTv2_NODATADATA_CDE.zip

Last edited:

s0ul_ali

Mar 17, 2010
Karachi
Downloading no data data with new theme by chuck...!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

For those interested here is a version of LANIGHTV2NODATADATA I did for my own amusement.

Themed SystemUI
Themed Settings
Modified build.prop to include some battery tweaks (the jury is still out on these)

All thanks go to the golfslicer (Buttercream dev) and cobalt dev ( forget who that was). If I ever get smart enough to decompile the .apk files I can clean this up and put together a 1% battery mod. I will start working on a flashable zip so people don't have to reinstall the whole ROM. If coming from V2DATADATA just need to wipe cache and dalvik and everything should be OK. If coming from a different ROM please do the whole wipe cycle including format system. Enjoy and please be nice... I am very sensitive. LOL:crying:;)

:-s tried NODATADATA V2 By Chuck, phone is again & again rebooting in recovery

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the instructions for flashing the nodatadata version. I'm coming from hellybean 08/13. Would I use the first or second set of instructions in the op? All I see is for datadata and for switching between lanight versions. Can someone steer me in the right direction please?

zzmomo73

Feb 17, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the instructions for flashing the nodatadata version. I'm coming from hellybean 08/13. Would I use the first or second set of instructions in the op? All I see is for datadata and for switching between lanight versions. Can someone steer me in the right direction please?

Do a full wipe flash ROM- it will reboot- pull the battery out and put it back in - enter recovery - full wipe and flash ROM

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

s0ul_ali

Mar 17, 2010
Karachi
Same scenario with me let me try

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Tried every thing but getting in recovery again & again. NO DATA DATA is not installing on my device.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Tried every thing but getting in recovery again & again. NO DATA DATA is not installing on my device.

Currently using 8.20 Helly Beans tried to flash NODATA DATA by Chuck & than NODATADATA simpe result same but getting into recovery again & again. Tried pull battery out. Full wipe almost 10 too 15 times no progress. Than I tried to restore from nand but installation stoped with error cannot write to system. Rebooted to Recovery full wipe than could recover back to backup.

AceofSpades90

Sep 6, 2011

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Currently using 8.20 Helly Beans tried to flash NODATA DATA by Chuck & than NODATADATA simpe result same but getting into recovery again & again. Tried pull battery out. Full wipe almost 10 too 15 times no progress. Than I tried to restore from nand but installation stoped with error cannot write to system. Rebooted to Recovery full wipe than could recover back to backup.

Which zip you are trying to flash? If you want the theme, flash the NODATADATA(if it throws you back in recovery, flash it again and it should boot) first then the theme zip.

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
These problems are what make me skeptical about flashing the nodatadata. Can anyone who has nodatadata working confirm how to properly flash from hellybean?

AceofSpades90

Sep 6, 2011
These problems are what make me skeptical about flashing the nodatadata. Can anyone who has nodatadata working confirm how to properly flash from hellybean?

Been going back and forth b/w hellybean n LANIGHT with no issue. Try second installation procedure in op.

Reactions: bdithug

blively2

Jan 16, 2011

Themed SystemUI
Themed Settings

Its a beautiful theme, brother!! Thank you, Chuck!!!! :thumbup:

Sent from my JB-powered Cappy that Apple would LOVE to ban...

kideskimo

Feb 12, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Where are the options to edit the top statusbar and add toggles? Im on LANight v.2 Datadata and see no option, and since the clock displays "PM", it blocks out the "clear" option in the bar. Any help?

EDIT: Back to X-Bean for the time being, it seems that ROM is faster. And has options for toggles and all the goodies, will wait for an updated version.

Last edited:

AceofSpades90

Sep 6, 2011
Where are the options to edit the top statusbar and add toggles? Im on LANight v.2 Datadata and see no option, and since the clock displays "PM", it blocks out the "clear" option in the bar. Any help?

EDIT: Back to X-Bean for the time being, it seems that ROM is faster. And has options for toggles and all the goodies, will wait for an updated version.

Those options are added in v2 Nodatadata
Settings -> Display -> Notification Drawer....

tim.

Feb 6, 2011

Or if your on datadata Settings -> Developer Options -> Notification drawer.

Reactions: AceofSpades90

cliftomr1082

Dec 12, 2010
Tennessee

Themed SystemUI
Themed Settings
Modified gps.conf to include North America

All thanks go to the golfslicer (Buttercream dev) and cobalt dev ( forget who that was). If I ever get smart enough to decompile the .apk files I can clean this up and put together a 1% battery mod. I will start working on a flashable zip so people don't have to reinstall the whole ROM. If coming from V2DATADATA just need to wipe cache and dalvik and everything should be OK. If coming from a different ROM please do the whole wipe cycle including format system. Enjoy and please be nice... I am very sensitive. LOL:crying:

Good job man. I like the theme.
Thanks again

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Chuckd610

Aug 8, 2010
Philly, PA
LANIGHT Install Tutorial

I was reading through some posts regarding failed installion attempts of LANIGHT. I too ran into these issues early on, so here's what was successful for me:

1. Do all wipes and resets as per the OP.
2. Format System (located in Mounts and Storage)
3. Install LANIGHT (version of your choice)
4. If it goes back into recovery by itself, DO NOT wipe anything or format again. Just select the ROM zip again, re-install and it will install this time.
5. If your initial install fails (dead droid with triangle in his chest), use the three button method to get back into recovery and follow step 4 of this tutorial.

I hope this was helpful to the thread family.

Last edited:

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Flashed nodatadata and as per op's second instructions. Encountered some minor problems but I seemed to have worked through them. Running fine now so far (an hour running). Very fast and smooth. Much better than hellybean 8/13 that I was running. Great work ace!!!

Only thing I can find is how do I center my clock in status bar?

Wakamatsu

Jan 3, 2011
Almost problem free install (minor self-caused issue). Comparable to Slim Bean in smoothness. I had data/wifi problems with Slim which made me look around. I miss some of the CM and AOKP features but that's not a deal breaker.

skomes

Nov 16, 2010
Flashed nodatadata and as per op's second instructions. Encountered some minor problems but I seemed to have worked through them. Running fine now so far (an hour running). Very fast and smooth. Much better than hellybean 8/13 that I was running. Great work ace!!!

Only thing I can find is how do I center my clock in status bar?

I asked some questions earlier and nobody answered, but I have this question that I'd like to ask again since you can help me. I am running Helly Bean and its my first ROM past the stock Gingerbread.

What is faster in Lanight? The interface in Helly Bean is already lag-free. So what do you mean when you call it fast? Are apps faster?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is also available for Samsung GT-I9000 variant from HERE.
    There is also a port for X-Bean from GT-I9000 from HERE.

This is it folks. If you think you've seen fast, you're in for a surprise! Please NO derivative work without permission. ;)

LANIGHT is a pure AOSP build, meaning it is NOT CM or built from CM source, so please do NOT ask for CM features. However, it does use device/hardware files from CM10 and rest from Nexus S.. so any device specific problems that is in CM may or may not be in LANIGHT. If you don't like AOSP, move on.

I will rarely post on the thread mostly because of well known reason. It is a development thread, if you can't flash or download apps(Gmail and such) from market or simpler tasks, YOU ARE spamming the thread. Help yourselves by flashing stock firmware from Kies. Remember, I can't fix stupid or lazy. Please read the whole OP and search before you start typing. There has been NO bug that i have faced since my first release except the ringtone problem(4.2)(SOULTION) which has been solved with the latest release(5.2). If you have WiFi problems, flash anything 2.0 and above or below 5.2 (For 5.2 FLASH THIS.) because there is no telling what is the issue, i didn't face that issue so i don't know unless you provide log.

Code:
    [U][B][COLOR="Orange"]FEATURES[/COLOR][/B][/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Zillion commits has been added since initial release!
    [*]Android 4.1.1 JellyBean
    [*]DataData Partition & NODATADATA partition
    [*]Speed and Cleanness of AOSP
    [*]Devil Kernel Config
    [*]Droid bootanimation
    [*]Stock theme
    [*]Nexus S HW acceleration (Thanks to mkalter)
    [*]working mount of external SD to PC (Not tested)
    [*]Devil3_1.0.4_cappy_CFS_BLN_VC (Datadata)
    [*]Extreme Fast and rock-solid
    [*]GPS Hack which would make it fast (Thanks to mikel.canovas)
    [*]KC1 Modem(datadata) & JVT(nodatadata)
    [/LIST]

WHY IS THIS BETTER THAN THE OTHER ROMS?
    • Speed++, functions and most stabe
    • This is pure AOSP!
    • This is not just another AOSP, this is a completely new project!
    • look at the Features list for more

INSTALLATION (FOR DATADATA)
    • Read this if you might find problems in flash process ;)
    • Keep a copy of efs folder for security
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make a nand backup before you proceed
    • Wipe data/ factory reset (DO THIS 3X TIMES)
    • mount -> Wipe System/cache/data/datadata
    • Wipe cache/ cache partition
    • Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
    • Wipe voltage cache (If the option is given)
    • devil -> run clean NStools options
    • devil -> run clean init.d directory
    • install rom zip from sdcard
    • flash zip again
    • reboot your phone

Clean Flash if coming from any DATADATA(HellyBean per say) rom
    • Keep a copy of efs folder for security
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Make a nand backup before you proceed
    • Wipe data/ factory reset (DO THIS 3X TIMES)
    • mount -> Wipe System/cache/data/datadata
    • Wipe cache/ cache partition
    • Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
    • Wipe voltage cache (If the option is given)
    • devil -> run clean NStools options
    • devil -> run clean init.d directory
    • install rom zip from sdcard
    • install rom zip once again (just to be on the safe side)
    • Wipe data/ factory reset
    • Advanced -> Fix permissions
    • reboot your phone

DOWNLOAD
    ROM:
    Download LANIGHTv1_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE
    Download LANIGHTv2_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Thanks dave71670 for slimming)
    Download LANIGHTv2_NODATADATA(stable release) from HERE (flash this if you have wifi problems with datadata)
    Download LANIGHTv3.2_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Thanks Cbalt for figuring out partition layout problem)
    Download LANIGHTv4.0_NODATADATA from HERE (changelog is similar to 4.2)
    Download LANIGHTv4.2_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Recommended)
    Download LANIGHTv5.2_NODATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Recommended)
    Download LANIGHTv6.0_NODATADATA from HERE
    Download LANIGHTv6.5_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Recommended)
    Download LANIGHTv8.0_DATADATA(stable release) from HERE (Recommended)
    Download LANIGHTv8.5_DATADATA_alpha from HERE (Test version)
    THEMES/Mod
    -Fix Logcat, SMS and Gallery/Camera FC from HERE
    -Patch to fix ringtone problem
    -Patch to fix WiFi AND Lagfix
    -Patch for TV out was posted in v4.2DD
    -Here's virtual on screen button key map zip: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32109290&postcount=781
    -This script will delete your Gallery and Messaging app
    -Read the FAQS for more. Here's a work around for installing apps if you are running 6.0NDD
    -Here's a patch for video playback if you are facing that issue
    -More fixes and patches also added a zip that will add your SMS and Gallery back from HERE
    Theme-able messaging app

My personal favorite theme by Sephhi from HERE
    HERE's an awesome theme
    Here's another THEME
    Another amazing theme THEME and HERE's more complete version of it. And Here's another complete version...
    Theme for 6.0
    Theme for v6.5 can be found on this link
    Theme for v8.0 from HERE
    Theme for v8.5DD from here
    CREDITS

Cbalt (For amazing advise)
    treau (For the awesome logo!!)
    XYunknown (For some files from X-Bean)
    Elitemovil(For the basic base)
    Bigixie (Gnex share rom)
    dave71670 (For his advice and help testing)
    Be18
    Pawtip
    CM10 Team
    TeamHacksung
    Steeve76
    HP40
    iall5tar
    DerTeufel1980 (Kernel)
    mkalter
    H3llstorm(For GPS hack)
    Google for android
    Samsung for the hardware

Hit thanks button and/or consider small amount of donation if you think i helped.
    LANIGHTv8.0_DD ;):victory::laugh::highfive::cool:

Changelog

• [*] First things first, latest merges from Google AOSP sources (4.1.2 - JZO54K)
      [*] Fixed ringtone/sound issue (found a bug in my unorganized repo)
      [*] Updated to the latest Devil kernel 1.7.5 VC
      [*] Rom is highly biased towards Devil as i added Devil specific things in the source code (Rom should still work fine with Semaphore/CM10)
      [*] Fixed minor issues with sms/mms/gallery... etc. No more CM apps.
      [*] Did i hear someone ask about speed and stability? Oh common! You know LANIGHT, don't you? xD
      [*] Better reception on call now
      [*] I didn't mess with framework this time around so it is what it is
      [*] Added T9 dialer though, it's useful
      [*] Faster camera (Optimized cache)
      [*] Updated apps and as always i don't add too much apps after compiling so you can download the once missing from market or some other places
      [*] Updated Init.d tweaks
      [*] Build.prop tweaks
      [*] Tweaked HW acceleration (Thanks to XYUNKNOWN from X-Bean 3.0)
      [*] I hope i fixed Brightness toggle issue (not tested)
      [*] SD mount should work for everyone (If not, there is an option in the recovery. If that doesn't work, flash Devil 1.6.1)
      [*] Battery Life is improved (Crazy signal strength killed battery performance in previous releases)
      [*] Voice support is optimized (No lag with Google voice)
      [*] All languages are supported officially (Work in progress)
      [*] BLN support is optimized
      [*] GPS hack
      [*] A lot more things has happened since 6.5 in the sources and i didn't have time to get everything compiled for sometime (Busy with life)

Q/A Thread AND Patches/Fixes/Workarounds/Themes/Features

Recommended flash procedure

• [*]Keep a copy of efs folder for security

[*]Reboot into recovery

[*]Make a nand backup before you proceed

[*]Wipe data/ factory reset

[*]mount and storage -> Wipe System/cache/data/datadata

[*]Wipe cache/cache partition

[*]Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache

[*]Wipe voltage cache (If the option is given)

[*]devil -> run clean NStools options

[*]devil -> run clean init.d directory

[*]install rom zip from sdcard

[*]install rom zip once again if it boots you back in recovery (It's flashing kernel/recovery/partition if it finds an incompatible partition)

My preferred setup

• Go to Devil config and select the following:
      Big mem > 403
      ZRAM/swap > zram
      Zram size > 100
      Swappiness > 100+
      Fsyn > enable
      Smooth ui > on
      Wifi mode > stronger
      Governor > smooth
      Ultra KSm > on
      Misc > governor > smartassv2

Settings > developer > background process limit > at most 2
    Hit thanks if you want an update ;) The more the thanks the faster it compiles lol xD I lied when i said the development is slowed down :p Once again trying to fix WiFi and all the lame issues that people spammed the thread for lol

Who likes video games? I am working on a game engine and thus will release a game out whenever the game engine is ready. My goal is to make and run games on iOS, Android, WP7/WP8, Blackberry, Symbian, PalmOS, FirefoxOS and many more! I will post tutorials whenever i get done with the engine so you can create your own games.
    LANIGHTv4.2_DATADATA

LANIGHTv4.2_DATADATA (By the way, LANIGHT just means 'LA NIGHT' or 'THE NIGHT' because i created the first build in one night and also it sounds cool)
    Changelog:

- New build (JROO3U)
    - Improved sound; download Devil config from market to adjust volume (Test to see if the sound has increased on call as well as music)
    - Graphic drivers from Nexus S commit
    - Updated to latest Google AOSP sources
    - Battery Performance increased
    - Slimmed it further and revert back to full AOSP experience (Reverted pop-up/lists from v2 didn't work well with regular gapps) [JUST KIDDING]
    - Lagfix added
    - Updated HW acceleration
    - Improved signals
    - Latest Devil Kernel (Devil3_1.4.1_Jellybean_cappy_CFS_BLN_VC_20120905)
    - Build.prop tweaks
    - New init.d tweaks
    - TV out patch is here if you use it
    - KC1 modem is added
    - Nexus Bootanimation
    - Stock Launcher
    - Reverted back to the framework from v2.0 so all the themes from v2.0 would still apply ;) (Too stock maybe a bad thing after all?)
    - And many many more things that i can't remember top of my head but they are mostly under the hood ;D
    - 4.2 comes with several tweaks. Screen sensitivity has increased!

Enough talk, download from HERE (This is my personal drop box account)

Recommended flash procedure

[*]Keep a copy of efs folder for security

[*]Reboot into recovery

[*]Make a nand backup before you proceed

[*]Wipe data/ factory reset

[*]mount and ?? -> Wipe System/cache/data/datadata

[*]Wipe cache/ cache partition

[*]Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache

[*]Wipe voltage cache (If the option is given)

[*]devil -> run clean NStools options

[*]devil -> run clean init.d directory

[*]install rom zip from sdcard

[*]install rom zip once again
    LANIGHTv6.0

LANIGHTv6.0 is up!

Changelog:
    - Some here and there appearance tweaks
    - Pure Stock/AOSP under the hood
    - Latest Devil Kernel (Yes, you can use Vsyn kernels from BOTH Devil and Semaphore now)
    - Syned with Google sources
    - WiFi issue seems to be fixed (Please test). Signals will feel stronger.
    - Rendering is improved
    - Left a lot of apps untouched so it gives you stock apps as well as stock apperance
    - Revert back to stock GPS drivers and files (Hack will be added in the next version or with additional themes)
    - Touch sensitivity has been increased
    - Faster boot and scrolling tweaks
    - Graphics driver is updated and tweaked (Unlocked OpenGL ES full potential now, meaning much more rich graphic rendering when playing games)
    - Ram management is ideal (;
    - Minor speed improvements
    - IMEI issue will be fixed for some (If not, rom makes a backup you can restore)
    - Powerwidgets, so you can stop nagging
    - Features pulled from CM source tree and cherry picked some of the features
    - A note app is added
    - Better battery life
    - New notification sounds
    - Brightness is set to some sane number
    - Fixed some random reboots with some people (Maybe they were caused by unnecessary tweaks?)
    - Fixed other problems i found on the thread...
    - I forgot what else, test it out xD

Download HERE
    WORK AROUND TO INSTALL APPS
    Datadata version will follow shortly...

EDIT: Another update may come even sooner then you think ;)
    EditEdit: why does CM named La noches and it sounds La night... o.o
    EditEditEdit: v2,4.2 and now 6.0 is slap on whom that thought feature less rom is fast by default.