Nov 30, 2011
I got bored so I made a few tweaks:

• Enabled call recording
  • Enabled "Stay Awake" option in Settings > Development
  • Applied auto-brightness fix
  • Removed quick-toggle text
  • Re-enabled Brightness slider
  • Removed battery full notification
  • Removed dependency on "signedCustomSettings.apk" for AOSP lockscreen. If you go to Settings > Security and lock screen > Lock screen options you can toggle the AOSP lockscreen with the "Ripple effect" toggle. If it's disabled, you get AOSP -- if it's enabled, you get ripple.
  • Removed "hot boot" from extended reboot menu (i f'ing hate that option, it usually crashes and screws things up).

First flash the original v1.2 package in the OP, then flash this one. Once done, you can delete /system/app/signedCustomSettings.apk, as it is no longer required.

Download

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I got bored so I made a few tweaks:

• Enabled call recording
  • Removed quick-toggle text
  • Re-enabled Brightness slider
  • Removed dependency on "signedCustomSettings.apk" for AOSP lockscreen. If you go to Settings > Security and lock screen > Lock screen options you can toggle the AOSP lockscreen with the "Ripple effect" toggle. If it's disabled, you get AOSP -- if it's enabled, you get ripple.
  • Removed "hot boot" from extended reboot menu (i f'ing hate that option, it usually crashes and screws things up).

First flash the original v1.2 package in the OP, then flash this one. Once done, you can delete /system/app/signedCustomSettings.apk, as it is no longer required.

Download
haha there's gonna be an update here in a few days. i've been busy messing with other stuff (unrelated requests) and looking for a few things as final touches :p
in regards to dependency on signedCustomSettings.apk, if i'm understanding correctly, if you toggle off ripple effect, you no longer get just the slide anywhere to unlock and now it's AOSP? some people prefer just a slide to unlock, which is why i left it.
in regards to brightness slider, i have a specific place i'm putting it which will be better than stock, which is prob what you stuck with since it was just a few value changes there.
the only thing i would like to know about is the auto-brightness fix. i've been looking for it but i guess i'm not searching good enough.

Last edited:

magn2o

Nov 30, 2011
haha sorta pointless though because there's gonna be an update here in a few days. i've been busy messing with other stuff and looking for a few things as final touches :p
No big deal. All of my stuff is in patch files, so this literally took me less than 20 seconds to do.

in regards to dependency on signedCustomSettings.apk, if i'm understanding correctly, if you toggle off ripple effect, you no longer get just the slide anywhere to unlock and now it's AOSP? some people prefer just a slide to unlock, which is why i left it.
Correct.

in regards to brightness slider, i have a specific place i'm putting it which will be better than stock, which is prob what you stuck with since it was just a few value changes there.
I wasn't too concerned "where" it was, I just needed (read: wanted) it enabled. :)

the only thing i would like to know about is the auto-brightness fix. i've been looking for it but i guess i'm not searching good enough.

Here's the patch data,

Code:
diff -rupN framework-res.orig/res/values/arrays.xml framework-res/res/values/arrays.xml
--- framework-res.orig/res/values/arrays.xml	2012-07-31 16:12:08.000000000 -0400
+++ framework-res/res/values/arrays.xml	2012-07-31 16:04:34.000000000 -0400
@@ -748,10 +748,10 @@
         <item>10000</item>
     </integer-array>
     <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">
-        <item>20</item>
-        <item>80</item>
-        <item>130</item>
-        <item>190</item>
+        <item>40</item>
+        <item>120</item>
+        <item>160</item>
+        <item>220</item>
         <item>255</item>
     </integer-array>
     <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

Reactions: mrvirginia

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No big deal. All of my stuff is in patch files, so this literally took me less than 20 seconds to do.

Correct.

I wasn't too concerned "where" it was, I just needed (read: wanted) it enabled. :)

Here's the patch data,

Code:
diff -rupN framework-res.orig/res/values/arrays.xml framework-res/res/values/arrays.xml
--- framework-res.orig/res/values/arrays.xml	2012-07-31 16:12:08.000000000 -0400
@@ -748,10 +748,10 @@
         <item>10000</item>
     </integer-array>
-        <item>20</item>
-        <item>80</item>
+        <item>40</item>
+        <item>220</item>
         <item>255</item>
     </integer-array>
     <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">
cool, thanks mate! i'll take a look at your patches just because i'm very interested :)
edit: i like the brightness settings. i knew it wasn't going all the way up. i don't understand why they all do that.

Last edited:

cao0215

Sep 3, 2011
ur theme is great, but i m from canda, and near my signal bar will show H+, which will be white and no theme only for that. Is there anyway to make it color with ur theme and move a little bit left? thanks

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
good idea, and doable... except for one thing. where would the clear all button go?

Oooh, daddy likes. I'm more of a SMALI guy, but that would be fun to tinker around with the XMLs to try an accomplish.

* Edit: this would displace the clear button... did you have any thoughts on that? ..... ack, mrvirginia beat me to the question, lol.
hehe :D
the only thing i can figure is you could maybe put it in between settings and clear all button, but the slider would be tiiiiiiiiny. i like where i've placed it, and i think other users will as well.
anyway, SystemUI should be finalized after next update. then i'll begin working on a JellyBean extended status bar mod :p pretty sure that is doable, even without the extra header xml.

Last edited:

magn2o

Nov 30, 2011
Just a nitpick, but the original phone icon appears in phone settings.. (see screenshot)

Also, the spacing between the status bar icons is inconsistent. e.g. the cell signal is much closer to the battery than it is to the wifi signal, and the Bluetooth icon is all alone by itself in the left, spaced way out from the alarm icon. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347412877292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347412877292.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 174

magn2o

Nov 30, 2011
icon is part of the next update, along with a lot of other updates.
spacing is all stock AOSP...

sent from my SGS3

Attached is a Nexus screenshot. Notice how the wifi and carrier signals are closer together?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347419268500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347419268500.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 152

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Attached is a Nexus screenshot. Notice how the wifi and carrier signals are closer together?

what i was trying to say is that i didn't go in and add random spacing. i'll take a look to make sure Samsung didn't add extra spacing. i don't believe they did, though... just how it looks.
edit: found it. Samsung removed a -6dip in wifi framelayout heh.

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
updated. if you're wondering why i put the brightness slider where i did, it's because it makes it easier to reach the clear all button. so 2 benefits there. i found it odd placed anywhere else...
wifi spacing was fixed in a last minute change. this actually took a while because that -6dip messed up the signal in/out and 4G/H/3G etc icons. i got it back to normal though :)
pretty sure the bluetooth and silent/vibrate are supposed to be spaced like that. i took a quick look and didn't see anything different. if you think otherwise, please feel free to post a screen shot of actual AOSP so i can see. my GNex is out of commission so i'm going off of memory now.
i still need to do a little bit of cleanup in the background but no more visual changes to the end user should happen. in other words, this is pretty much final unless there's something i missed. enjoy!

My bad, I guess I overlooked it … :eek:
np buddy!

Last edited:

magn2o

Nov 30, 2011
Alrighty.. here's all my previous mods applied to 1.3. :)

• Enabled call recording

This package only contains the modified files. You must flash the full v1.3 package first, then flash this one over that.

Enjoy!

Download

Jcbzr

Jul 27, 2012
Is this for AT&T varient specific? I want to use this theme, however I am using Rogers (i747m)...

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Alrighty.. here's all my previous mods applied to 1.3. :)

• Enabled call recording

This package only contains the modified files. You must flash the full v1.3 package first, then flash this one over that.

Enjoy!

Download
thanks mate. i'll add this to my OP later tonight so you can just edit one post :)

Is this for AT&T varient specific? I want to use this theme, however I am using Rogers (i747m)...
yes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fellow themers/Rom makers, if you'd like to use any of my work, please ask first!***
    this is a continuation of my theme from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735157. i asked for it to be moved but that never happened so we're starting over with an RC1 and a substantial amount of updates/improvements. this actually went from beta03, to beta08, and now an RC1 in the background. if you thought i was gonna sit back, never update, and let my thread die, you thought wrong :p

trying to get this finished completely before jumping to MIUI.
    oh, for those of you who do not like the AOSP 4G statusbar icons, i have an add-on for you guys :)
    i've attached a flashable of the Trebuchet launcher which is what i use. thanks goes to CM Team.

Screenshots
    screenshot2012082913404.png
    screenshot2012091213210.png
    screenshot2012082914011.png
    screenshot2012082913444.png
    screenshot2012082913464.png
    screenshot2012082913470.png
    screenshot2012082913383.png
    screenshot2012082913451.png
    screenshot2012082916023.png
    screenshot2012090514243.png
    screenshot2012090514580.png

you need some type of recovery to flash these***
    Instructions
    1. download the theme
    2. load file onto your internal SD
    3. boot into recovery
    4. find the zip file and flash. no wipes necessary

AT&T versions
    Stock deodexed LH1 - v1.33

Additional add-ons
    ATT 4G icons
    screenshot2012082913424.png

magn2o tweaks

release notes:
    v1.0
    -updated to LH1
    -the only TouchWiz theme with a true AOSP extended statusbar
    -themed framework
    -SystemUI revision (expanded statusbar)
    -removed ongoing Wifi notification
    -fixed cell standby (reads accurately)
    -SecGallery2 themed
    -Clockpackage themed
    -SecMms themed more
    -SecSettings themed more
    -AOSP Lock screen toggle (thanks NunHugger / AllianceRom)
    -more i can't remember right now

Previous versions...
    ATT_v1.32
    ATT_v1.31
    ATT_v1.3
    ATT_v1.1 - will re-up later
    ATT_v1.01 - will re-up later
    ATT_v1.0 - will re-up later
    ATT_beta03
    ATT_beta02
    ATT_beta01
    Changelogs...

v1.33
    -SecContacts, added some left out previous changes (doh!)

v1.32
    -SecContacts, misc
    -SecPhone, fixed incoming call circle (sorry :p)
    -ClockPackage, misc

Previous changes...

v1.31
    -SystemUI, AOSP wifi spacing reverted (caused visual issue)
    -ClockPackage, misc changes
    -SecPhone_ATT re-based off of UCALH1

v1.3
    -SystemUI, brightness slider bar added back in, misc changes
    -SecContacts, finished theming
    -SecPhone, img changes
    -framework-res

v1.2
    -MyFiles themed
    -Download provider themed

v1.1
    -framework-res (search img color change)
    -SecContacts mostly themed
    -SecPhone_ATT themed (LE8 based)

v1.01
    -SecMms (image header change)
    -SystemUI (battery % color matches alarm, vibrate/silent)

v1.0
    -updated to LH1
    -themed framework
    -SystemUI revision (expanded statusbar)
    -removed ongoing Wifi notification
    -fixed cell standby (reads accurately)
    -SecGallery2 themed
    -Clockpackage themed
    -SecMms themed more
    -SecSettings themed more
    -AOSP Lock screen toggle (thanks NunHugger / AllianceRom)
    -more i can't remember right now

-beta03 released (AT&T)
    -SecSettings.apk themed (mostly )

-beta02 released (AT&T)
    -removed AM/PM
    -ICS colored clock
    -transparent status bar background
    -changed MMS/Phone/Contacts icons to stock AOSP
    -changed 4G incoming/outgoing signal to match 4G LTE icon

-beta01 released (AT&T)
    QA

Can you port this to "insert ROM/firmware here"?
    as of right now i am only porting this to Triune
    haha sorta pointless though because there's gonna be an update here in a few days. i've been busy messing with other stuff and looking for a few things as final touches :p

Correct.

Here's the patch data,

Code:
    @@ -748,10 +748,10 @@
             <item>10000</item>
         </integer-array>
    -        <item>20</item>
    -        <item>80</item>
    +        <item>40</item>