[LIBS] New JB Adreno Libs - Performance Increase!

Search This thread

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
Here are the new JB Adreno drivers which will boost graphic performances on our 2011 Xperias. I've made a benchmark with Nenamark 2 before flashing the libs on my stock 587 and i've got 24 fps. After i've flashed the libs i've also made a benchmark with Nenamark 2 and i've got 31,5 fps. Also the whole UI is much smoother than before.

I had just found new Adreno libs in JBX ROM thread...

I thought that, if they are the latest release, they would work better than old ones. So I tried them with ICS ( Doomkernel and xDarkICS v.1 )

Result: More smoothness in the launcher, settings menu... Also tried them with Modern Combat 3... It runs more smoothly too!!! :victory::victory::victory:
Contras: Not found ;)

EDIT: DON'T FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE USING GINGERBREAD (2.3.X), IT WILL CAUSE LOWER PERFORMANCE!

INSTRUCTIONS:
-Download new JB Adreno libs (attachment )
-Boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup
-Flash Adreno libs
-Enjoy!
*If they don't work, go to recovery again and use advanced restore of /system

With this new libraries device will have 30/40% increase of performance
(thanks for the info jgregoryj1)

Last edited by a moderator:

sinholueiro

Sep 17, 2010
If I am on CM9 or CM10, can I flash it? I mean, it's only for Sony release or can i stall it on FXP's ROMs?

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
Probably it should work on CM9 too,i don't know,it's working great on stock based roms,i don't know about CM9. In CM 10 i guess that they're preinstalled,because it's based on JB.

sinholueiro

Sep 17, 2010
I install right now the FXP138 without the new drivers and I pass the Nenamark's benchmark with 31fps result. I don't think that this is necessary, I think the same that the other user, it's implemented by default.

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks for the information,
I have to admit I haven't come across it in the Xperia Play section.
Which is why, at cases like this, creating a "duplicate" thread pointing to the original can be allowed.
Xperia 2011 line consists of many phones, with differect subforums, so information that is universally applicable can be a bit of a hassle to find.

Also, I tidied up the OP a bit for you.

So, kindly proceed on topic and no more talk about whether this thread should be here or not. Anyone in doubt, feel free to use the Report system and refrain from spamming.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Patambiz

Jul 29, 2012
Legazpi
Great. It works for me.. I use go launcher ex and I still have 189mb of ram. I notice better fps on benchmark.. Max 74fps on quadrant.. Great. I got 70max bfor

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Last edited:

ales007

Sep 28, 2009
it's awesmoe ,i am on maxio's ics rom stock kernel,before i got 22 fps in nenamark 2,and now i have 32 fps,wow thanks for sharing :D

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I used the firmware files from the newest zip (/system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw, yamato_pm4.fw, leia_pfp_470.fw and leia_pm4_470.fw). Phone boots normally.
When flashing the libs, phone does not boot, just a black screen.

EDIT: It seems there is further improvement, check the screenshots.
On the left is after I flashed the drivers from the OP and on the right when I added the firmware files that n1kolaa pointed out.

Here is a new flashable zip for anyone who wants it! Contains the new Adreno drivers and the newest firmware files.

Attachments

• newfirmwarefiles.jpg
    newfirmwarefiles.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,035
  • JB_Adreno_Drivers_V3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,273
Last edited:

am2222

Mar 30, 2011
Najafabad|Isfahan
I used the firmware files from the newest zip (/system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw and yamato_pm4.fw). Phone boots normally.

On the left is after I flashed the drivers from the OP and on the right when I added the firmware files that n1kolaa pointed out.

Here is a new flashable zip for anyone who wants it! Contains the new Adreno drivers and the newest firmware files.

I alredy flashed the file from first post and at first my phone did not boot :(
And for secound time after flshing it boots..
Now I am going test your file..It contains newer adreno driver than ones in first post?

EDIT:It works on 4.0.4 and LuPus5.2 kernel ..
Screenshot_2012_09_18_01_36_25.png

Last edited:

Ritmasz

Jan 3, 2012
I used the firmware files from the newest zip (/system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw and yamato_pm4.fw). Phone boots normally.

does it work witk CM10/AOPK?

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I alredy flashed the file from first post and at first my phone did not boot :(
And for secound time after flshing it boots..
Now I am going test your file..It contains newer adreno driver than ones in first post?

No, newest lib files cause bootloop. It contains the files from frist post plus the fw files from the newest drivers.

does it work witk CM10/AOPK?

It should. Make a nandroid, test and report back!

Reactions: am2222

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the new JB Adreno drivers which will boost graphic performances on our 2011 Xperias. I've made a benchmark with Nenamark 2 before flashing the libs on my stock 587 and i've got 24 fps. After i've flashed the libs i've also made a benchmark with Nenamark 2 and i've got 31,5 fps. Also the whole UI is much smoother than before.

I had just found new Adreno libs in JBX ROM thread...

I thought that, if they are the latest release, they would work better than old ones. So I tried them with ICS ( Doomkernel and xDarkICS v.1 )

Result: More smoothness in the launcher, settings menu... Also tried them with Modern Combat 3... It runs more smoothly too!!! :victory::victory::victory:
    Contras: Not found ;)

EDIT: DON'T FLASH THEM IF YOU ARE USING GINGERBREAD (2.3.X), IT WILL CAUSE LOWER PERFORMANCE!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    -Download new JB Adreno libs (attachment )
    -Boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup
    -Flash Adreno libs
    -Enjoy!
    *If they don't work, go to recovery again and use advanced restore of /system

With this new libraries device will have 30/40% increase of performance
    (thanks for the info jgregoryj1)
    I think it's already included in CM10/AOKP-JB since 3D performance id good enough than stock, and now verified it by running Nenamark 2.

Best way to verify if the files are the same in CM10, is running an MD5 check.

Hi. What's font's name in your picture? Where can I find down it?

It's Samsung's Choco Cookie font, get it from here.

Tried your file with 138 CM10 and phone's stuck on fxp screen. Reflashing your zip didn't help.

I hope you made a nandroid backup then! ;)

Why did you not include the 2 leia files (leia_pm4_470.fw and leia_pfp_470.fw) into your bundle?

Are they not needed?

Thanks for pointing that out! I was just testing the files two at a time, to be able to measure the improvement in the benchmarks.
    I included the leia files too now, edited the post and I am attaching a new zip here too.

Remember, I am only trying things on my phone and sharing.
    I am on stock ROM and I can't possibly test the files in other ROMs. ;)
    I used the firmware files from the newest zip (/system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw, yamato_pm4.fw, leia_pfp_470.fw and leia_pm4_470.fw). Phone boots normally.

Thanks for the information,
    I have to admit I haven't come across it in the Xperia Play section.
    Which is why, at cases like this, creating a "duplicate" thread pointing to the original can be allowed.
    Xperia 2011 line consists of many phones, with differect subforums, so information that is universally applicable can be a bit of a hassle to find.

Also, I tidied up the OP a bit for you.

So, kindly proceed on topic and no more talk about whether this thread should be here or not. Anyone in doubt, feel free to use the Report system and refrain from spamming.

Thanks for your cooperation!
    Works on my arc !! I try it. I get Xperia S launcher smooth

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium