[APP] OblyTile - Tile Creator for all programs.
This program is meant to create tile to the windows 8 start screen.
I created this in vb.net using SharpDevelop, it works for all programs/folder/files and even websites.
The program will store the image files inside the folder "C:\Program Files\OblyTile" and create the Shortcut .LNK file inside the StartMenu folder.
If you want to delete a Tile, right click it on the startmenu and select "Remove From Start" on the left bottom side.
OblyTile v0.5 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.7/0.7.1 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.2 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.6 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.8.8 (ChangeLog
OblyTile v0.9 (ChangeLog
- The tile manager will automatically refresh when needed.
- The function "Convert shortcuts to tiles" will use the associated program icon as tile image.
- The function "Create shortcut on Desktop/Taskbar" will use the Windows Store App Logo as icon. (48px for Desktop icons and 32px for Taskbar icons)
- Fixed issue with steam url protocol.
- Fixed issue with case-sensitive url.
- Possible fix for high dpi settings.
- Changed OblyTile icon.
- In order to launch the Immersive mode of your web browser by using a tile made with OblyTile, be sure to close the desktop version of it.
- If the tiles are not showed properly (a normal icon is showed) open OblyTile and press the second button on top of OblyTile. (Rebuild cache)
- If "Rebuild cache" does not work, try >> this <<
- If the tiles will not react when you click it (the program or file will not be opened) follow those steps VBScript - Fix
Windows 8 Professional Build 9200 - 32/64 Bit
Windows 8 Enterprise Build 9200 - 32/64 Bit
Microsoft Surface RT 32GB (Thanks to netham45
OblyTile (Latest Version)