For those who rooted but are still locked, and having issues with updating, here's something that might help (continuing from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=111):
There were 3 files missing from /system/xbin that were required for the update to work.
Edit: Dropbox mirror: http://db.tt/4Q6AvTCU
update file (thanks Wipeout and Bait-Fish): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzg4pjccz0od9uo
update file (thanks for kikistans for uploading):
Downloading and will add a Mediafire mirror as soon as I can.
Here's what I did, from beginning to end:
- Extract the above zip and put the three files on the main storage.
- Copy the dlpkgfile to the main storage
- Enter shell:
- mount -o remount,rw /system
- cp /mnt/sdcard/dexdump /system/xbin/dexdump
- cp /mnt/sdcard/ps3bttest /system/xbin/ps3bttest
- cp /mnt/sdcard/rfcomm /system/xbin/rfcomm
- chmod 777 /system/xbin/dexdump
- chmod 777 /system/xbin/ps3bttest
- chmod 777 /system/xbin/rfcomm
- mount -o remount,ro /system
- cp /mnt/sdcard/dlpkgfile /cache/dlpkgfile
- echo '--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile' >> /cache/recovery/command
- Exit shell.
- Shut down tablet.
- Turn on while holding the "volume down" key.
- When it vibrates, release the power key and keep holding the volume key.
- Three lines appear, hit "Volume UP".
- Update starts!
- Update Finishes!
Note: some users reported success after replacing the build.prop with the one attached here (ripped from the .28 blob).