[ROM][REPACK] KU5900 ICS for P970 {SD/LED FIXED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
Those having problems with SD, try the attachment below. No duplicates. But it won't mount it to USB. Only in CWM USB can be mounted. Nor install apps to SD (like market apps move to SD.) It won't do that.

Other problems, try changing governor. Download NoFrills CPU on market. ICS has Interactive. I did not touch anything related to governors. They are retained both ramdisk and kernel.
This are the orig configs in ramdisk:
Code:
# Lower maximum frequency when screen is off
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq 600000

# cpufreq interactive governor: timer 20ms, min sample 20ms, hispeed 800MHz
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate 20000
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time 20000
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq 800000

#Enablig DVFS with ondemand governor
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor ondemand
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate 50000
	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold 60

Flash in CWM, wipe cache/dalvik cache. Always make a backup.

Attachments

• ICS_SDfix.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 834

cyclon1978

Nov 27, 2008
Some apps will still fail to install.

But there is a workaround:

1. Install via market, error message cant install to usb

2. Connect via adb shell

3. mv /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache/downloadfile.apk /data/app/nameofapp.apk

You should delete old downloadfile.apk as first step or the new file will be named downloadfile-1.apk.

Or use root explorer to move the newest downloadfile to /data/app

With adb logcat youll see the problem, but as always i have no time for fix. :D

Example app for proplem is "mehr tanken".

Sent from my LG-KU5900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: srik73 and basean

xonar_

Jun 1, 2012
Between here and there
I am using V30G with fixes manually applied. Apps installs fine (XDA installed fine, I think I was using my old fix,installed straight to internal memory (sdcard)), can take photos with camera until sd full. I still haven't gotten the new repack, I will only be able to get it next month because of data restrictions.

EDIT: When I get the V30I, I am going to desmali all the apps that fails if there isn't extsdcard in vold.fstab and make a full and proper fix.Well, try :).

Last edited:
Reactions: boype and gabwerkz

toptakachi

Mar 29, 2012
V30i

i can see the text of facebook for android :good:

but

- SDcard don't mount
- i can't check balance. *111#

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
I'm currently uploading an updated package with fixed SMS and gabwerkz recently posted sdcard fix.

@gabwerkz: Once uploaded, I'll send you the link. All you'd have to do is update the OP...

Aye bro. You can create a fresh thread. I can't maintain the thread as much as I can. I will still try to fix, but not as deeply as we used to when hacking the kernel. :eek:

I am using V30G with fixes manually applied. Apps installs fine (XDA installed fine, I think I was using my old fix,installed straight to internal memory (sdcard)), can take photos with camera until sd full. I still haven't gotten the new repack, I will only be able to get it next month because of data restrictions.

EDIT: When I get the V30I, I am going to desmali all the apps that fails if there isn't extsdcard in vold.fstab and make a full and proper fix.Well, try :).

It was quite a long upload for me. Create your fix xonar and make it a flashable one. So they can choose what suits them.

Last edited:

BeBeLKhaN

Dec 3, 2011
Qom
hi
we have a problem with USSD codes.
when we wanna see the remaining charge for our sim card.. it shows some signs and numbers that are not correct and related.
what's the problem ?

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
this repack is fastest I've ever tried, but it has only 1 huge problem, at least on my phone - many times per day (maybe every 1-3 hours) especially after longer idle, when I want to turn on my screen my phone doesn't react - I can't turn on screen, no button works, nothing. So I must just pull the battery and then power on device :( Nobody has this strange problem?

maybe you could use set cpu and set minimum clock at 300mhz and change the governor

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

xonar_

Jun 1, 2012
Between here and there
Idea
Use my SD Card fix
and in ramdisk make changes
symlink /mnt/sdcard /sdcard
to:
symlink /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD /sdcard

I think he made that change already. I got apps to install fine on external sd,working usb mount using virtual internal storage. I'll post it in continues thread by byope.

I don't know if It'll fix apps using storage (might have just can't test it)

gabwerkz

Aug 16, 2011
Three Stars and a Sun
Idea
Use my SD Card fix
and in ramdisk make changes
symlink /mnt/sdcard /sdcard
to:
symlink /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD /sdcard

I think he made that change already. I got apps to install fine on external sd,working usb mount using virtual internal storage. I'll post it in continues thread by byope.

I don't know if It'll fix apps using storage (might have just can't test it)

yes I have tried this before. What I did was separate sdcard and _ExternalSD. It created another folder in root (/_ExternalSD). So you have two forders. /_ExternalSD and /sdcard. The _ExternalSD is the one we are using with files, pics, music etc. While sdcard is empty.

BPaul

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
yes I have tried this before. What I did was separate sdcard and _ExternalSD. It created another folder in root (/_ExternalSD). So you have two forders. /_ExternalSD and /sdcard. The _ExternalSD is the one we are using with files, pics, music etc. While sdcard is empty.

But a lot apps use only /sdcard :D need replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The ROM is a PREVIEW of PURE KU5900 ICS.
    Compiled 3.0.8 kernel (LG Open Source Code Distribution) + some commits from arcee.

I declare the ROM to be OPEN. Hackfest! Do whatever you like on it.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD ROM AND SD CARD CONTENTS
    V30G: https://hotfile.com/dl/173312947/36acab4/Black_Test1_signed_091912.zip.html
    MD5: 72d3b03bef38e65481c8d0169e3e60b3
    V30I: https://hotfile.com/dl/174050051/2691987/ICS_V30I_120927.zip.html
    MD5: 0F2ADD6838404DBD77693823FCF394CB
    SHA-1: C5E1BEB1BAEB6E0C180465C29D17EB9739FE823D
    OLD HOTFIX: https://www.box.com/s/mlh5g6splp2nzkkd0vcu
    OLD HOTFIX should be FLASHED in CWM. Wipe CACHE/DALVIK CACHE. It includes LEDFIX with Blue, BPaul's SD Mount method, Chen-1's featureset.xml, settings.xml.
    Settings for LEDS: Menu>System settings>Display>Front key light
    To help a bit on scrolling, you can force GPU rendering: System settings>Developer options>force GPU rendering
    To install .apk apps from SD: System settings>Security>Unknown sources

BUG/S:
    Automatic Time
    SMS (other countries): If you have problems with the new SMS files, revert to old fixes. As i cannot repoduce all. My SMS works.
    USSD
    SD card: If you have problems with SD Card here are your options.
    1. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32235428&postcount=86
    2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32120202&postcount=721
    3. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32032718&postcount=517

SMS Problem?: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31990528&postcount=30 and http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32030132&postcount=503

Just a reminder:
    Need FULL wipe (data/cache/dalvik cache) coming from any ROM.

Code:
    [B]V30I[/B]

It uses some V30G libs. The kernel was somehow incompatible with V30I.
    Might be gralloc and PVR/EGL libs
    The V30I WEBSW kernel is different from the V30I (Kernel) LG Open Source Code

For days of hard work: Credits to
    xonar_
    navossoc
    Redy
    NOOBY0815
    George Jetson
    Sisqo
    BPaul
    Chen-1
    boype
    basean
    I am just the slave of the 2 above me :D I was only the little uploader ;) They made me do it, I swear I have nothing to do with it actually :D

It's running fluide, the language will be english by default, didnt try morelocal yet, it's rooted of course.

Another fix for sdcard:

Thanks to Sisqo:
    Here are the CHANGES

And HERE you can find the modified files. It's getting better and better :D

Repack with V30i and all current fixes + LG stuff removed is in work ;)

Since the repack of V30I doesnt wanna work, I at least provide you the files of /system and /system2. /system2 folders need to be moved to /system/vendor (at least /etc, /lib and /firmware). I additionally moved the /bin and /app folder to its' corresponding folder in /system.

HERE is the link

Now have fun trying to repack it on your own ;)
    Hi,

attached you'll find a patched LGContacts3.apk which removes the korean characters from the dialer. Also, I attached featureset.xml (in a rar container) with the SMS patch done right (160 characters). The featureset.xml also probably fixes the problem for some users where they cannot send SMS at all. Please test.

Best regards.
    Woh woh woh! What great progress we have here. Thanks to all people who contributes in solving bugs. I appreciate every effort you do.

I think the community is alive again in helping hand, just like the old days when this forum was new. I was a pioneer of this forum. many thanks.

I will include the fixes on a new clean pack once submitted and tested.

But wait... there's more!

I booted V30i WEBSW already. Sad to say it isn't clean. I used V30G libs.
    Can't understand why, since the kernel we have was marked V30i in Open Source Distribution.
    I didn't update SGX DDK or anything on the kernel, just the bootloader compatibility, USB and LEDS.
    If I can get the dmesg of original V30I WEBSW kernel, I will see what changes they made.

I will test/try further if I can boot a pure/clean V30i. Or if anyone reading and would like to try...

EDIT: I'm out of thanks already. Thanks to BPaul, xonar_, chen-1.