When making phone call, the screen got blank

Search This thread

dasb84

Dec 10, 2008
There is no fault...
So they abuse that you touch anything unintentionally.

Just press the wake up button to use your phone while calling. (On/ Off Button)

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
The screen going blank is intentional, I think, to save battery. As the phone is at your ear. Yes, just press the green phone button to wake up. It's defaulted in other HTC phones as well.
Someone has a tweak program for this ???

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Ive been searching all over to find a solution to this but to no avail. The closest I get is a thread on Diamond (elder brother to Jade) tweak which is not conclusive on this subject.

However this is what I figured out . . . .

There is a sensor (somewhere near the speaker) that blanks the screen the moment you bring your phone to your ear. If you leave your phone face up after pressing call button, the screen remains on, until it senses something come near the phone face. Try covering it with your hand or anything, the screen goes blank. But when you press the 'ON' switch again, it will remain lit. The sensor only works once after first pressing call button.

If after you complete dialling and press call button, if you press the 'speaker' button immediately, the screen will remain on, even if you cover it (the sensor does not work here) or turn off speaker.

So, I put the phone to 'vibrate mode" to indicate when the call is connected (phone options). If you need to use the dial pad for e.g phone banking, then use 'speaker on'.

Anyone else has other findings ?

a320231

Jun 18, 2007
Maybe this will help..

With the below you can make all the hard buttons to wake up your phone..

Hope that will help someone.

HKCU\Control Panel\Keybd\

and create REG_DWORD "DefaultKeyLock" Value "0"

stefanz

Jan 3, 2009
Is there any way I can make it wake up with just the top (power) button and the round middle button? I don't want the green or red button to wake up the phone because they are raised and may turn on the phone while in my pocket...

Thanks

Edwinceb

Oct 23, 2007
Ive been searching all over to find a solution to this but to no avail. The closest I get is a thread on Diamond (elder brother to Jade) tweak which is not conclusive on this subject.

However this is what I figured out . . . .

There is a sensor (somewhere near the speaker) that blanks the screen the moment you bring your phone to your ear. If you leave your phone face up after pressing call button, the screen remains on, until it senses something come near the phone face. Try covering it with your hand or anything, the screen goes blank. But when you press the 'ON' switch again, it will remain lit. The sensor only works once after first pressing call button.

If after you complete dialling and press call button, if you press the 'speaker' button immediately, the screen will remain on, even if you cover it (the sensor does not work here) or turn off speaker.

So, I put the phone to 'vibrate mode" to indicate when the call is connected (phone options). If you need to use the dial pad for e.g phone banking, then use 'speaker on'.

Well, mine is inconsistent. Sometimes it will turn off sometimes it won't. But mostly it will only turn off once the call is established even if you don't cover the sensor (presume you don't turn on the speaker phone). Can one confirm this or is it I'm having a faulty sensor???

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Well, mine is inconsistent. Sometimes it will turn off sometimes it won't. But mostly it will only turn off once the call is established even if you don't cover the sensor (presume you don't turn on the speaker phone). Can one confirm this or is it I'm having a faulty sensor???

Well, mine is inconsistent too, I mean there is no definitive pattern. I guess it's sensor sensitivy dependant. I'm not really sure how it is set up. So I rely much on the vibrate mode, on press the ON button again, if still curious about the call status.

htmhtm

Mar 1, 2009
I have tried to create the registery key for the any key wake instead of the power key only
"DefaultKeyLock" Value "0"
The problem is after i soft reset the registery key is simply gone (i.e. gone, deleted ....)
any ideas?

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I have tried to create the registery key for the any key wake instead of the power key only "DefaultKeyLock" Value "0"
The problem is after i soft reset the registery key is simply gone (i.e. gone, deleted ....) any ideas?

Not sure why it happened. But you can always add the reg key "DefaultKeyLock" if it's not there.

MvBoe

Jun 13, 2009
Andernach/Rhein
(... )
(...)
Does this sensor really exist on the Jade? I did not find any sensor-function, the display vanishes after a few seconds with and without covering by hand if you do not activate the hands-free-mode.

ukmapleleaf

May 13, 2009
Manchester

I tried this - its a great idea and works well.... a little too well because when I pop the phone in my pocket sometimes a key gets accidentally pressed, the phone wakes and anything can happen & did like making an unintentinal call or the voice commander activating. So in my case I had to switch it off.

shame - i liked it apart from that. Could the registry be tweaked to set just one other button thats least likely to get accidentally pressed? I'm thinking the enter button perhaps because its recessed . I can see that others have asked for this as well but nothing available yet ?

thanks

Last edited: