Frankly speaking, I don't have any
knowledge about linux so I don't want to write about that but...
Basically, the process is like this :
1) download android source code : there are so many great guides about this...
2) download my patch and put it to /frameworks/base
3) type this.
patch -p2 < (patchfile_name).patch
for example... (from my previous post)
root@evilisto-desktop:~/patch_test/frameworks/base# patch -p2 < Sense-4.0-Multitasking.patch
patching file core/res/res/values/dimens.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/nyandroid_anim.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_no_recent_apps.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-land/status_bar_recent_panel.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-port/status_bar_recent_item.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/layout-port/status_bar_recent_panel.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/values/colors.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/res/values/strings.xml
patching file packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/recent/RecentsPanelView.java
4) download and extract resource files to destination folder.
- in this mod, /frameworks/base/core/res/res/drawable-xhdpi/
5) then compile.. if you have compiled your current rom before, use mmm
to compile each files.
In this mod, you have to compile framework-res.apk
(include framework2.jar in CM10) and android.policy.jar
6) after using patch, you'd better revert all changes for future use..
patch -p2 -R < (patchfile_name).patch