Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: Flash to boost - or repair
29th October 2012, 05:42 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
Originally Posted by Chanman

Still cannot get into my phone.. hopefully you or someone else has more knowledge about this..

I installed the Toolkit drivers, then I put ##3424# into the phone. I pressed "Qualcomm USB Setting" and switched it to DM+MODEM+ADB and clicked OK, then switched UART to "CDMA MODEM", then plugged in the phone. At this point Windows correctly installs the drivers and I have a "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM7)" under the device manager, and no abnormal status icon, so the driver installed correctly. But when I go to QPST I always see "No Phone" and the phone is never detected. I also get the same results if I put UART on "PDA" instead.. doesn't make a difference. Because QPST is in "No Phone" I can't get into to program it.

I also tried another way, *#7284*, then putting UART on MODEM and USB on MODEM, this time, Windows detects the device as a "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM", not as a Samsung device. I installed the generic Qualcomm driver manually and QPST does detect the phone properly and I can get in, but I CANNOT read any of the crucial NVItems such as ds_mip_ss_user_prof (NVItem 466), QXDM always returns CFS_ERROR BAD PARAM, and I can't read these settings using DFS either. I tried writing it in DFS "blind" (since I cannot read to see
if it wrote correctly) but I still have no 3G, only 1xRTT and voice.

I have also tried many different USB cables and different Windows computers, always the same result. This is a brand new phone from Sprint, never been activated, is that the reason?

This is really frustrating, anyone out there seen this type of thing before? Spent days on this already.

Yes!!! I did it. I thought I would share what worked for me in hopes that this will help others.

I ended up using *#7284* and then putting UART and USB both on MODEM. As I mentioned in my previous post, this causes the device to be detected as "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". I had to install a specific generic Qualcomm driver, which I have included in this post. After that, since I was only able to use QXDM/QPST/DFS to write the voice specific settings and HA profile (not passwords), the thing that ended up working for me was CDMA Workshop's free NVItem writer. Using this tool I was not able to read the crucial NVItems (466 and 1192), but I was able to write them. I did a byte-for-byte identical write, cloning the NVItems from the original phone (which I was able to read from). After the tool indicated the items were successfully written I rebooted the phone and everything worked!
Attached Files
File Type: rar qualcomm-cdma-technologies-msm-driver.rar - [Click for QR Code] (54.8 KB, 1738 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chanman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chanman Ad-Free