- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
- Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip
file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img
file, you've extracted twice
. You need to end up with a .tar.md5
file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download
mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power
to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition
- Click the Start
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)
Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN
) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!
You may now optionally want to install and run Triangle Away
to reset the flash counter.