Quote:
Originally Posted by igloo_01 View Post
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the world of rooting/custom ROMS - I rooted my Desire HD a couple of weeks ago and have installed a couple of ROMS since then (start on ice cold sandwich and curerntly on JellyTime). So far it's going well, but my wiFi signal does not seem to be very good. I know that installing a different radio may help with this, but I wanted to get a bit of help before doing this.

I've read the post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=896597 which contains the guide for flashing a radio.

What I want to know is what radio should I be using? Is it ROM/phone/carrier specific? I don't want to flash the wrong radio then not be able to go back, especially since I've made it this far without bricking my phone! Also, could flashing a new radio improve my wiFi signal?

Thanks,
Simon
In addition to what Bananagranola said, if you flash ENG S-OFF and your device was shipped with Gingerbread you will mess your bootloader and radio won't be the main concern then.

You can flash a radio in the PD98IMG.zip way (wich is the safest way to do it) or flash modified ENG S-OFF included in the Hack Kit and after that you can find the radio threads links in the guide in my signature.

Make sure that you read carefully those threads. Flashing a wrong radio might brick your device.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator