Someone0 are you around can you pm me, Your root works, I installed nook color tools ver .02 in system/app folder and was able to see it in my sideloaded launcher, was able to uncheck/check install non market apps which sets the setting for US to be able to install .apk files from the nook itself, ONLY ISSUE is since I put that file in the system/app folder and the nook didnt like it I got stuck in a bootloop and get to start this process all over again! (nook resetted to ground zero)

maybe we temporary can leave it there get us the permission to install non market apps then remove the file and we will be ok or maybe stuck in another bootloop.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

GOT IT WORKING NOW:

1. Once rooted, get a file manager with root support and enable read/write permission to /system

2. temporary copy nook tools ver .02 .apk to the system/app folder

3. have a sideloaded launcher and check the app drawer youll see nook tools, run it, first screen uncheck and check the install non market apps box couple of times make sure its checked afterwards

4. have a test .apk to run the BN installer on and see you can now install .apks from the NOOK HD and HD+

5. remove the nook tools.apk file from the system/app folder and quit your file explorer which should reset everything for the system folder back to the way it orginally is!

6. reboot, if you reboot successfully with no boot loop 8 times, your GOLDEN FOR NOW! once again load up a file manager go select an .apk file and see you can now install it! Next step is trying to get amazon market working! then google somehow, but for google you need files in system/app folder permanently!

7. YOU CAN NOW SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOAD .APK FILES through web, email, any other app and install through the NOOK HD or HD+ BN installer for .apk files. Watch what you install, if it gets put into /system or /system/app folder DREADED BOOT LOOP which resets everything! AMAZON MARKET WORKS!!!! and apps from there install fine to the BUILT IN MEMORY.

** Hopefully amazon market dont install stuff to the system/app folder and if it does hopefully you do not get the dreaded boot loops where you got to start this whole process over again so be forwarned!!! you will loose all data on NOOK HD and HD+ if u get stuck in the bootloops! BACKUP STUFF before messing with root and this kind of thing! DEVELOPMENT!