Did you CM10 users changed to the Stock JB Update?

Search This thread

SDJB

Apr 4, 2008
I am having a hard time deciding if I want to go back to TW with stock JB. So far I am really happy with CM10 except for minor bugs here and there but what about you guys, Have you changed from CM10 to JB?

How do you like it?

Is it as fast and snappy'?

I miss the stock camera, the email layout, some gestures (txt to talk, Facebook integrated with contacts) and other lil' things here and there but that is about it.

Let me know.

krackerjac

Mar 27, 2011
land of Nod
I switched back. Its nice, smooth and snappy, but I do miss the vanilla aosp that cm10 delivers.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

kulzboy

Dec 5, 2010
Orlando
Just jumped from cm10 to this partly because ill be sending my phone to samsung soon. It is snappier if not the same than cm10. Quadrant score is 6100 :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352953261769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352953261769.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 810

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I like both will use TouchWiz JB when need complete stock everything working 100% and then go to AOSP/AOKP when I want to have more fun with themes and such.

Jigga0o7

May 31, 2009
SF Bay Area
www.twitter.com
Yep I switched. I had been using all of the JB Leaks and had strangely poor performance but recently was able to attribute that to the "media server" taking up a disproportionate amount of CPU time and I was able to fix that. Everything's good.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
I tried out the stock OTA and then switched right back. IMO nothing beats this stable CM 10.0 build. :D

Except having a camera that can save to SD card, ammirite!!!

Kidding aside, I switched back from CM to stock just a few days before the JB update and am glad I did. I've always used CM ROMs with previous phones, but this was the first time that there were simply too many things that should just work right that simply were not working right. The stock JB is definitely snappy, camera is great, GPS works instantaneously (was another gripe I was having with CM).

Master_sk3

Jul 19, 2007
I was wondering how people would compare stock android camera vs the galaxy s3 camera. To me it seems like you would be losing features if you switched to a AOSP based rom, atlease until they are based on 4.2.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
I was wondering how people would compare stock android camera vs the galaxy s3 camera. To me it seems like you would be losing features if you switched to a AOSP based rom, atlease until they are based on 4.2.

Correct, the stock camera has a lot more features, at least a lot more that comes with the CM10 rom

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
I thought about it but i have always been a sucker for AOKP and CM10 since the my touch 4g, the reason I bought this phone was the fact that Samsung is usually dev friendly and usually has aosp ROMs available

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Touch wiz may be bloated.... But the features are awesome. The motion and sharing options are way ahead of stock Android. IMO not since HTC Hero has a "skin" actually added something good to android.
We can have most of the best features and still have tw options with jb roms. I don't see a benefit to running aosp on the s3.

Reactions: monkeypaws

V6iNSPIRE

Apr 6, 2012
I switch between Official JB and CM10 Stable. Both are great and I just cant seem to settle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did, couldn't handle Cyanosh*t mod

Just because you couldn't handle it doesn't mean it's sh*t.. You need to know what you're doing. But it's okay if you're inexperienced, just don't bash something great because you don't know what you're doing.

I did, couldn't handle Cyanosh*t mod

Hold on there Cyanogenmod is far from sh*t. They do us all a great service, for free, by giving us the ability to truely own our devices and customize it the way we want.

I did change from cm10 nightly to stock jb official because the features touchwiz have are just amazing.:thumbup:

I tried out the stock OTA and then switched right back. IMO nothing beats this stable CM 10.0 build. :D
    Touch wiz may be bloated.... But the features are awesome. The motion and sharing options are way ahead of stock Android. IMO not since HTC Hero has a "skin" actually added something good to android.
    We can have most of the best features and still have tw options with jb roms. I don't see a benefit to running aosp on the s3.