Or Continue to Thread: Diztronic Nexus 4 cases coming…
Find Your Device:
18th November 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #14  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 469

1,366 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLFLN

He is - nick is "OneStepAhead"

We are indeed making Nexus 4 TPU Cases as well as a one piece polycarbonate case. As far as pre-orders, Diztronic and Cruzer Lite cases are both made in the same factory. I know for certain neither of us have actually started designing our case as we weren't able to get a dummy phone or CAD data for the device ahead of the release like we usually are. So pre-ordering now seems a bit premature. I'm shipping out the Nexus 4 I bought on eBay (google play orders were back-ordered) to the factory on Monday. From there it takes less than a week to design the mold, couple of days to make and package the cases, and then 1-2 days to have them shipped back here for distribution. The earliest we'd be able to finish all of those steps is the first week of December.

Our Nexus 4 TPU cases are going to have molded power and volume rockers, using newly designed buttons. The same buttons we used on our Maxx HD and Lumia 920 cases. They are very easy to press. Our Nexus 4 TPU Case will be based on our new updated "seamless" design, the same design we've used for iPhone 5, Maxx HD, Lumia 920. The new design has a much smaller glossy lip, it's only on the front of the case, not 1/2 of the entire case like it was previously. This style mold does cost significantly more to make (it's now a 3 piece mold instead of 2), so we do sell them slightly higher than our previous cases.

Our one piece hard shell case is going to be similar to others on the market, with the exception that we going to make them with a raised lip to protect the front of the device as well.

That's all for now.... I'm off to see the movie Lincoln!
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to OneStepAhead For This Useful Post: [ View ]