T-Mobile Galaxy Note II Toolkit Ideas (My Current Project)

Search This thread

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
T-Mobile Galaxy Note II Toolkit

Ok so I have finally got the T-Mobile Galaxy Note II and just like I did for the SGS II, I am going to start programming a nice flashy toolkit for the Note II.

I'm starting this thread to get started some support and ideas for the project.

If anyone has any good and original ideas please let me know...

Obvious thing that it will do...
- Install CMW (or other recovery)
- Install Root
- Flash Stock
- Sideload APK's
- Install other ZIP Packages
- a few other things that I will carry over from my SGSII Toolkit

But I would love to do some other things for this toolkit to set it above the rest..... So please if anyone has any really nice scripts or tweaks let me know!!! :highfive:

Post to this thread, or pm me...

Here are some screenshots of what I have done so far.
(Not being released yet, only 2 days in to programming)

1.png

2.png

3.png

(Typo has been fixed lol, but you get the point)

Thanks!
Ajster1989

Help the Development Process...

Last edited:

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Give me the link... all I found was a recovery installer.

But I'm making something that's noob friendly... not an option 1 option 2 cmd script, but and actual visual program...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
yeah i don't see the need for another toolkit, not that im bashing or complaining. id much prefer someone take on aosp roms. :good:

thanks for your efforts though.

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Yeah ok then... just to be clear, If you have input that will better my project then that's great, if not please don't reply.

Thanks

mojorisin7178

I remember you from the sgs2 and your toolkit was actually really good and if you want to develop one it will be welcomed for sure. The one that we have is really good and I use it now. If you remember I was the first one to donate to your sgs2 toolkit. I like the idea of the toolkit and fully support it. I personally like doing things manually but have ran ito problems with adb and find that for the common person with only light skills a toolkit is the way to go.I think that there is definitly a place for toolkits in the future of android development. Please do not let others turn you off from developing your own stuff. The more the better. Just because there is one doesn't mean that there cant be another. This is not a competition and I fully encourage you to do your own thing because the more you do the more experience you will gain.

Some of the things the other one does that I liked was the capability to create your own .tar and store your backups on your pc. Basically just adb automated. Your work on the sgs2 was great and I look forward to see what you come up with for the note 2 (by the way what a kick ass phone huh?) Dont worry about what others say there is always going to be idiots if just one person finds what you do useful then you win.

Reactions: ajster1989

ssCISengineer

Jul 26, 2012
charlotte nc
Yeah ok then... just to be clear, If you have input that will better my project then that's great, if not please don't reply.

Thanks

We ll fine do what you're going to do but we don't need another toolkit.... thats the reality of things whether you accept it is up to you

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
We ll fine do what you're going to do but we don't need another toolkit.... thats the reality of things whether you accept it is up to you

Hey man its great that you support the other toolkit, but I don't really like the option 1 option 2 style.

I like to click on buttons and have something visually nice to work with.

The other toolkit is great, and fully functional, but for me not visually pleasing.

If you want to get an example of what I mean then download my sgs2 toolkit.

The reality is to each his own.

Last edited:

boogieTilt

May 25, 2008
Fla
+1

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Hey man its great that you support the other toolkit, but I don't really like the option 1 option 2 style.

I like to click on buttons and have something visually nice to work with.

The other toolkit is great, and fully functional, but for me not visually pleasing.

If you want to get an example of what I mean then download my sgs2 toolkit.

The reality is to each his own.

I'm a noob and I've had my T-Mobile note for 2 days. Up till now I was planing on sending it back, until I read this thread. I need you to finish to this project!
THANKS
Boogie

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Welcome to the Note 2, AJ. Glad to see you around. Don't listen to the others. There's no law against more than one toolkit.

For those who have never used his work before, AJ made a very simple and user friendly program for managing the T989. The GUI was what made it special. Everything was sorted easily, so you could add to it if you wanted. Wait until he's done, then make your judgments.

sunglint

Feb 18, 2008
Houston
By all means please do!

I've been really surprised by many of the responses. We don't need trolls demeaning another coders efforts, we dont have enough people actually coding and it sounds like his previous work has been well received.
While the current toolkit certainly works well, it is ugly. And while a nicer overlay of buttons would work, I'd like to see a visual design that shows the steps in the process. As important but probably harder, some indication of that status of your phone, i.e. this is your current recovery, here are your current backups, etc.
Even if you do just make a prettier version of the current tool that would be great, I might not switch just because it looks different but there are some that need that extra help. And giving me more information in a intuitive fashion would be wonderful. Also an open monitor console that persists would be nice, so I can see what I've done.
We have a great toolkit now, lets see what you can do, and thanks for the effort!

Reactions: Ghost_1

boogieTilt

May 25, 2008
Fla
I've been really surprised by many of the responses. We don't need trolls demeaning another coders efforts, we dont have enough people actually coding and it sounds like his previous work has been well received.
While the current toolkit certainly works well, it is ugly. And while a nicer overlay of buttons would work, I'd like to see a visual design that shows the steps in the process. As important but probably harder, some indication of that status of your phone, i.e. this is your current recovery, here are your current backups, etc.
Even if you do just make a prettier version of the current tool that would be great, I might not switch just because it looks different but there are some that need that extra help. And giving me more information in a intuitive fashion would be wonderful. Also an open monitor console that persists would be nice, so I can see what I've done.
We have a great toolkit now, lets see what you can do, and thanks for the effort!

+1 :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile Galaxy Note II Toolkit

Ok so I have finally got the T-Mobile Galaxy Note II and just like I did for the SGS II, I am going to start programming a nice flashy toolkit for the Note II.

I'm starting this thread to get started some support and ideas for the project.

If anyone has any good and original ideas please let me know...

Obvious thing that it will do...
    - Install CMW (or other recovery)
    - Install Root
    - Flash Stock
    - Sideload APK's
    - Install other ZIP Packages
    - a few other things that I will carry over from my SGSII Toolkit

But I would love to do some other things for this toolkit to set it above the rest..... So please if anyone has any really nice scripts or tweaks let me know!!! :highfive:

Post to this thread, or pm me...

Here are some screenshots of what I have done so far.
    (Not being released yet, only 2 days in to programming)

1.png

2.png

3.png

(Typo has been fixed lol, but you get the point)

Thanks!
    Ajster1989

Help the Development Process...

wtf is wrong with you people? let the man/woman build his toolkit. that'd be like saying "don't make a different rom. a great one already exists."
    A great one already exists.

I remember you from the sgs2 and your toolkit was actually really good and if you want to develop one it will be welcomed for sure. The one that we have is really good and I use it now. If you remember I was the first one to donate to your sgs2 toolkit. I like the idea of the toolkit and fully support it. I personally like doing things manually but have ran ito problems with adb and find that for the common person with only light skills a toolkit is the way to go.I think that there is definitly a place for toolkits in the future of android development. Please do not let others turn you off from developing your own stuff. The more the better. Just because there is one doesn't mean that there cant be another. This is not a competition and I fully encourage you to do your own thing because the more you do the more experience you will gain.

Some of the things the other one does that I liked was the capability to create your own .tar and store your backups on your pc. Basically just adb automated. Your work on the sgs2 was great and I look forward to see what you come up with for the note 2 (by the way what a kick ass phone huh?) Dont worry about what others say there is always going to be idiots if just one person finds what you do useful then you win.
    By all means please do!