Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyChoses View Post
I have finally gotten the chance to test it out .. I'll be it a bit late but ...

It is amazingly fast, stable, and bloatware free ... But ... Oh yes there is a HUGE but in there ... Batter is by far NOT as EPIC as it is said to be ... When device is locked sure it outlasts its predecessors ... Once using the device on the other hand, the % starts dropping like as if it was a race to 0% ... It lasted me like 2h of constant use with Power saving ON ... And I only used Tapatalk, Gtalk and Twitter ... NOTHING else ... Do NOT by any means take my word for it though I might have had a rogue app somewhere ... I dunno ..

It is an extremely light ROM with bare bones ... The other CON was in De-Sensed the AOSP LockScreen 2 step answer call thing ... Not DF's fault here but JB .. Still annoying as heck ... There is Holo Locker Plus on Play Store which is awesome and keeps Stock Answer Call screen 1 step ... Which leads me to my thought that this here ROM is made for SENSE HATERS ... Who prefer it light, fast, and stable ... With no "Special" features ... Could use Aroma Installer too ...

Lastly I will say this, as a bottom line ... With all the Cons I mentioned, half of which are NOT the Dev's fault but Google's or JB's this ROM IS what it set out to be ... Bare bones, Fast and Stable ... The Lack of features is not what I look for in a ROM, I am the kind of guy who loves Customization all the while keeping things smooth n fast ... I come from AOKP which is all I dream of in a ROM, with theming capabilities, Soft bar, customizable ring etc... but Battery life let me down more than this ... 1h45mins barely with same usage ... Got sick of it so decided to keep it on the Sense JB side coz, after all this IS a Sense device ...

This ROM ain't for me sadly ... But great start buddy this will be a hit with its audience in no time ...

Keep it up ...
Glad you appreciate my work

So mostly, the issue you have is battery life? :S

Which is very weird. Look. I used OrDroid as a base, which has great battery. Then I removed a lot of stuff, none of which can reduce battery life, only increase it, so if you feel it is less, well then, it is either placebo, or something on your side, like a bad flash or something

Speaking in terms of values, I achived around 3.5-3.75 hours of SCREEN ON TIME, With WiFi on ALL the time, and brightness at 60%! That is really EPIC IMO.

TBH, battery life is not an issue on this rom, maybe you need to manually flash the boot.img? Considering you are S OFF? I recall you having an issue with that on SkyDragon... Because this uses SkyDragon's Install Script, which doesn't install the boot.img I think, so If that issue is on SkyDragon installation, it will be here too, so flash the boot.img manually, that might be the key to an EPIC battery life

Lastly, I really appreciate your constructive and helpful and unbiased review, that's what we need, thanks a lot

PS, linking to this in OP :P

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
One X Developer
Blade | Blade ExTrimmed

Check out my homescreens on MyColorScreen
Follow me on Twitter @theDroidfanatic