Or Continue to Thread: Rom 4.0.4 - v30А - avail…
Find Your Device:
9th December 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #490  
Flag Letterkenny
Thanks Meter: 17

57 posts
More
Info 2 How To Update To V30A/ICS on O2X/Optimus 2x/P990
Hi all. I would just like to post this here - Installation instructions for ICS (tested from GB V20, should work on all) if you can't use the Support Tool. It has helped a good few people here already. Takes about 90 minutes to do, depending on your internet connection (1 hour downloading for me):

1. Get the All-In-One tool and extract it somewhere.
-I suggest doing a backup if you haven't already. Run this tool to do so - it has a program that will compress your internal/external sd for you.
+I used MyBackup (on market) to backup and restore all my data.
2. Download: V30A from here
3. Make sure there is at least 1 free line at the end of your hosts file (GIYF if you don't know what it is).
4. Set the lock delay/screen timeout on the phone to 30 minutes and make sure it isn't in USB mass storage mode. Stops the driver failing
5. Run the LG Update Tool through "P990-Toolkit.cmd" (located where you extracted all-in-one tool) - option 6.
-If it fails when you press "Normal web upgrade test" in the R&D tool - either your hosts file is wrong or the apache server didnt set itself up right.
+Make sure you added that free line in your hosts file. Otherwise, fix the details the program added (will be at end of last non-free line)
+I don't know what you can do in the second case other than setup your own apache server which is what I did (I had one).
-If it fails at around 6% with a device not connected error, DO NOT DO STEP 10 IN THE DOCUMENT. Very high chance of bricking.
+Make sure you set the lock delay/screen timeout to 30 mins and that the phone isn't in mass storage mode.
6. Wait about 10-15 mins. Don't worry - it does take a while to reboot afterwards.
7. On my behalf, enjoy the update and dont complain about it the second you see lag or something else ridiculous like that.
-If you do have a problem, search the forum. Like the intro video says, your probably not special :P

Proof that it works:

-M1cr0man