Newman N1

Search This thread

kkricardokaka95

Oct 11, 2011
Mumbai
Guys, what can you tell me about the Newman N1? I googled it and I found out that Newman is a Chinese company. It has really high specs(higher than my Nexus S :crying: ) . My friend recently bought it, so I thought I'd post here to find out more. I am worried because similar phones with similar specs (Atrix 2 specifically) are almost at double the price. Is the company reliable? Is it worth the money he spent??

Reactions: anooj

lingfude

Jun 22, 2011
Aveiro
dmec-reviews.blogspot.pt
To get rid of red X for no SIM inserted (thanks to bgcngm):
Open /system/build.prop

find the line
Code:

ro.operator.optr=OP02

replace with
Code:

ro.operator.optr=OP01

after doing this is you get the error "android process.media stop" go to application manager and clean data on media storage and downloads.

"android process.media stop"
Hi, somehow I do not understand what needs to be deleted :(

Follow this steps:

1. press menu key (most left key)
2. select Manage Apps
3. select Downloads
4. press Clear Data
5. select Media Storage
6. press Clear Data
7. Reboot phone

Last edited:

IcedFlame

May 8, 2011
Sarajevo
I read in the other thread that umi x1 got jellybean 4.1.2 update, and the hardware is very similar to the Newman / Freelander (except the screen). Does anyone have any idea/info when we can expect the same thing for our model? :D

Sent from my N1 using pirated Tapatalk

weimerd

May 7, 2008
Can you test it with Antutu Benchmark and post the results. I noticed that my N1 is slower than with 11.30 and when i ran benchmark test it stops before the 3D testing and shows 3800 points. The normal score was around 6000 before.

If it is only with my phone may be I did something wrong.
I got 5410 but I already installed a LOT ;)

Edit: Second try result: 6286 with LewaOS 121214. I think the one before was bad as the phone went into standby during test.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafish88

htc s740

Aug 16, 2010
So, most of the customers with this Newman N1 are not happy, because of the software? For this money i cant see other phone with the same specs. I want this phone but these comments are problem...

raby500

Sep 21, 2012
Jelly bean

is LewOS bassed on jelly bean or ICS ?
and is there a team developing a jelly bean for the newman n1?
and can someone make some order and collect all of the custom roms available for newman n1 and put them in one post or in the first post(fist page)

thanks

Mati1231

Dec 2, 2012
So, most of the customers with this Newman N1 are not happy, because of the software? For this money i cant see other phone with the same specs. I want this phone but these comments are problem...

i don't really have problems with my phone. the button lights are going out when the screen is still on, but i don't care. they turn on again when i press them.

I have gommers v4 and no problem with compass, only gps isn't working well without internet (only tested in thailand).
Battery is lasting for 2 days with normal usage, no long youtube videos or no long playing. quite a good phone. but i am really wondering why some people have problems and some don't... is this a hardware problem, is every newman n1 so different?

IcedFlame

May 8, 2011
Sarajevo

I think you got the wrong picture about this phone :)
I'm very happy with my phone (It's actually Freelander i10, running on stock Android 4.0.4, Build I10v1.0.2), and the only thing I did was rooting and eliminating internal SD storage.

However, there is a problem with orientation sensor which wiggles a bit and it's not steady. I don't know if this is normal, but that's the only thing I'm complaining about, even though it's a really minor thing, which I noticed only when I was playing some labyrinth game.
If you go to the extremes, the screen is slightly darker in one small area at the bottom, but that is only visible at low contrast and white background.

mateuszoxygen

Jan 23, 2012
Czestochowa
I do have a Newman N1

Im from Poland.

What i know is tat LewaOS is a ROM from Jiayu g2 so I am not about to try it on my Newman. Just in case...

LewaOS is an ICS, not JellyBean. Our friends from behind the border, Russians, just write into the build.prop whatever they want you. Be aware of that :)

kra_ppo

I do have a Newman N1

Im from Poland.

What i know is tat LewaOS is a ROM from Jiayu g2 so I am not about to try it on my Newman. Just in case...

LewaOS is an ICS, not JellyBean. Our friends from behind the border, Russians, just write into the build.prop whatever they want you. Be aware of that :)

Maybe you can help the not-russian-speaking people with the russian site. I don't like googletranslate... :p
do they have similar issues with the always on full speed running CPU or is it only with gommers rom version v5/v6?

longo213

Oct 10, 2012
Zilina
Cpu throttling issue

I'm also following another thread about ZTE V970 based on the same MT6577 platform. Seems like recently they too had an overheating issues when upgraded to new kernel. Check the thread from message #670 onward, it seems like user named tlac found something useful, hopefully applicable to N1 as well.
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1856578&page=67

Last edited:

wesolutka

Aug 28, 2010
This is not the rom problem, but imho in kernel, that's why governors works bad or worse :)

Now I'm testing two new roms. One with sony ui and next with oppo (it looks interesting).

Some screens from oppo rom and link http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=152413&uk=2905181389
SCR_20121220_052716.jpg SCR_20121220_052726.jpg SCR_20121220_052732.jpg SCR_20121220_052743.jpg SCR_20121220_052809.jpg SCR_20121220_052911.jpg

Rom with Sony UX http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=128684&uk=4009854347
193707pswoe3pelv53szfl.jpg

And last version baidu rom http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=176421&uk=2148160561

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Newman N1 JB 4.1.1 ROM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on official JB for Newman N1.

This is what I made until now:
    • Added latest version of Google apps
    • Added Reboot and Reboot to Recovery options to power menu
    • Added battery percentage (in steps of 1%)
    • Added init.d support with build.prop switch (sys.initd=on)
    • Updated Timezone data
    • Root & Busybox
    • Green Led only when battery is at 100%
    • CID fix (caller ID bug) - Thanks to bgcngm
    • Fixed Settings>Date and Time crash

Working on:
    • Led not working for notifications
    • Compass orientation is upside down

Newman N1 JB 4.1.1
    My new thread for download Newman N1 ROMs.
    The green light is steady to notify and the gps works like a charm!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button. ;)
    This is ported from ZTE V970 http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=295370&uk=640953152
    and nicer is from Amoi http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=295310&uk=640953152

Both are multilanguage and in both camera doesn't work
    Kernel is 3.4.0 and off course, we can still back to ICS :)
    Newman N1 kernel source

:victory:Good news:victory:

I successfully compiled a kernel (JB 3.4.0) for Newman N1.
    The only problem I found until now is that Cam app don't start but in Mobileuncle Tools the Cam works fine.
    Now I will try fix the Cam app problem and compass problem. :fingers-crossed:

P.S. If anyone want help please PM me.

Unfortunately I made a mistake ... I flash the stock kernel instead of my compiled kernel. :angel:SORRY:angel:

I can compile a 3.4.0 kernel and boot with it but the touchpanel works bad and I can't get the touch keys to work.
    The problem is the touchpanel driver (GT818B).
    I've tested several variants of the driver but none work right.

Any help with this?
    Did that and now I have: 1.97 GB of internal memory+14.91GB of phone storage+566MBof sd car . I just cant find a solution for 2,5GB of internal

Here you go, also from our russian friends:

Bigger internal storage by eliminating internal SD storage.

1. Download NewmanN1_intSD_2_Data.zip en N1dc_No_SD_Patch.zip en put these on your SDcard
    2. Open CWM recovery, create a CWM backup of your system.
    3. Install patch NewmanN1_intSD_2_Data.zip.
    4. Reboot CWM (Reboot Recovery)
    5. In CWM go to "mounts and storage" format /cache, / data, / system
    6. Restore your back-up.
    7. Install patch N1dc_No_SD_Patch.zip.
    8. Reboot Phone.