unlock free proceed at your own risk!

Search This thread

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Backing up EFS data

To backup the /efs mounted partition and the EFS data partitions to the sdcard, issue the following commands from an ADB shell or on-device via a terminal window. You must have root access to do this.

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p18.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p19.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p20.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p21.bin

To restore, just reverse the parameters for in file and out file:

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p18.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

If you want to know what each partition is, that's here: [REF] Skyrocket Partition Info

BRIMS7ON3

Dec 21, 2011
Is there a way to check if it worked without having a non-network sim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Last edited:

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
To backup the /efs mounted partition and the EFS data partitions to the sdcard, issue the following commands from an ADB shell or on-device via a terminal window. You must have root access to do this.

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p18.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p19.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p20.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p21.bin

To restore, just reverse the parameters for in file and out file:

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/mmcblk0p18.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

If you want to know what each partition is, that's here: [REF] Skyrocket Partition Info

I think the extension of the backed up partition should be .img (not .bin) ?

PS:Second question please : did you "actually" try reversing the command and succeeded with it ? and should it be from inside Android (when the phone is on and running) or on recovery ?
Thanks

Last edited:

[bman123]

Mar 20, 2012
Akron
This worked for me, just got my S2 from craigslist today and it worked the first try. Directions were really easy to follow also. Great job for coming up with this.

This was on a AT&T SGH-I727 skyrocket, was running 4.0.4 Used odin to install CWM, then used the files in post #7 then the first post on what to push in the menu and it went thru immediately. Thanks

cooldude89

Apr 22, 2011
Help I cant unlock my skyrocket s2 for atnt

Hi, i just bought my skyrocket s2 for ATNT brand new that has a UCLI3 base band version. I have tried the unlock process but for some reason it does not work.

I Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
Press [5] SIMULATION
Press [4 instead of 6] NETWORK LOCK
Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF

After that it come:
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 18543

Any idea what I am doing wrong, I have a sim from another network inside to let me know if it is unlock or not.

Please someone guide me as to what I might be doing wrong and what i need to do to fix the problem and unlock the phone....

b0nedaddy2360

Oct 26, 2010
You need to flash the right ROM/radio man...read the OP...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Well the good news is the method can be used on our phones! I don't know what modems work I know two that don't. I was able to use the T989 modem (Tmo_SGH-T989_UVLE1_radio.zip)to unlock my phone but others have reported UCLD2 (a skyrocket modem) works as well. after I unlocked I switched back to UCLI3 and the phone is still unlocked.

You'll need to be on a stock(or stock based) rom and you should make sure the number matches the text next to it.

cooldude89

Apr 22, 2011
what to do?

sorry I am new to this can you plz show me the link of what I need to exactly. How do I flash the ROM/radio, is there a tutorial via videos where I can learn to do that?

thanks for ur help.

You need to flash the right ROM/radio man...read the OP...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Well the good news is the method can be used on our phones! I don't know what modems work I know two that don't. I was able to use the T989 modem (Tmo_SGH-T989_UVLE1_radio.zip)to unlock my phone but others have reported UCLD2 (a skyrocket modem) works as well. after I unlocked I switched back to UCLI3 and the phone is still unlocked.

You'll need to be on a stock(or stock based) rom and you should make sure the number matches the text next to it.

b0nedaddy2360

Oct 26, 2010
You should start by reading the stickies in the forum for the skyrocket. Lots of useful info there. Step by step directions to take an already great phone and make it badass. These guys know their stuff, you just have to look in the right places. I can't post links yet, but it's not hard to find. Att>skyrocket>development>stickies...good luck man.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

You can PM me if you need help with anything man, I'll do my best to help you out.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
I think the extension of the backed up partition should be .img (not .bin) ?

PS:Second question please : did you "actually" try reversing the command and succeeded with it ? and should it be from inside Android (when the phone is on and running) or on recovery ?
Thanks

The file extension doesn't matter, call it what you want.

Yes, backed up, unlocked, verified unlocked, restored mmcblk0p18 and mmcblk0p19, reboot, verified that it's locked again. Also, works with subsidy unlock code too.

From booted system or recovered, it doesn't make any difference.

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Note: After 'Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ' step the phone reports ' PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL', then it's safe to reboot.

I never got this message. However after reboot I am no longer presented with message "Please enter network key". Also I get message "SIM not provisioned". This is most likely because I am using non provisioned TMO SIM to unlock.

Am I unlocked?

Datron

Apr 15, 2012
Is this the only way to test if the unlock was successful: insert sim from another carrier?

Unclefest v2 alive and kicking - support SeanZ!

Reactions: BRIMS7ON3

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011

Cschmitt does anything (like flashing stock roms, flashing newer radio, flashing using Odin.....etc etc) change anything in the efs and related partition or not ? i.e. are these partitions "immune" or not to any factors (apart from corruption) ?
So are my partitions exactly like when I first unboxed my skyrocket 7 months ago from its AT&T new box or they changed in some way ?

By the way, my efs first was a usual 15 digits followed by /5 now with each newer radio it advances by 1 ...now my efs is followed by /8 instead of /5...

Last edited:

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Last digit is called IMEI SV (software version) and is tied to the version of radio/modem currently flashed to the device.

Of course the partitions change over time.

Reactions: mahanddeem

kinhung

Dec 23, 2012
thanks, just unlock my i727 with t-mobile sim card。

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
Unlocked using this method. Purchased Vodafone Prepaid sim. Dialed in to activate. Received free data amongst other things after loading 10 GBP, now voice calls do not make any sound. Any thoughts? Not even the number used to activate makes any sound. (2345)

Edit:
Flashed Rogers radio RUXLF3, works fine. Not messing with Network mode anymore. Seemed that before it worked for like 30 seconds and then died. All I did was choose an APN.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read all of the post and the one bellow it from cschmitt before you do anything. This also might be illegal in the USA if you bought your phone after 1/26/2013

The last few days it's been going around unlocking the note II and gs3 with some settings(http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189). Well the good news is the method can be used on our phones! I don't know what modems work I know two that don't. I was able to use the T989 modem (Tmo_SGH-T989_UVLE1_radio.zip)to unlock my phone but others have reported UCLD2 (a skyrocket modem) works as well. after I unlocked I switched back to UCLI3 and the phone is still unlocked.

You'll need to be on a stock(or stock based) rom and you should make sure the number matches the text next to it. All you need to do is touch the row to select it. I did these steps with a O2 sim card in my phone. after the reboot your phone might take a second but it should connect to the network and be happy with your non att sim.

I have not tested this on a rogers phone. It might work it might make your phone explode in your hand and kill you. For all I know it could do the same for other ATT phones.
    Go to dailer screen. press *#197328640#.

press [1]DEBUG SCREEN
    Press [8]PHONE CONTROL
    Press [5] SIMULATION
    Press [6] NETWORK LOCK
    Press [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
    Wait exactly 30 seconds
    press the menu key on the phone and select back option. This will take you back to NETWORK LOCK screen.
    Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ
    Wait exactly one minute and reboot the phone.
    Should be unlocked.
    Confirmed, this method works to network unlock using stock UCLD2 rom and modems (the April 15th ICS 4.0.3 leak.) Links to the CWM-flashable stock ROM and modems can be found below. Unlock was performed on an AT&T locked SGH-I727 using a TMO SIM card.

This method is modem specific, as the service mode commands vary by modem. It does NOT work with UCLA3, UCLE2, or UCLF6 modems (NV initialize menu item is not present, or non-functional.)

Note: After 'Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ' step the phone reports ' PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL', then it's safe to reboot.

Confirmed that IMEI is intact following network unlock, and that unlock persists following a ROM/modem flash (back to CM-10.0.0 and UCFL6 modems.)

Awesome find, my friend!

Links to CWM flashable zips:

UCLD2 modems: here
    UCLD2 OEM Stock, rooted: here
    kool, i added this thread to the sticky, even though its cheap to buy an unlock code for rogers(i paid under $8 from ebay), for att users its more expensive
    Let me get this straight. A STOCK rom like embryo? Or back to actual stock... I'm in slim bean 3.1. And then I have to flash a new modem? Current UCLI3.

First, a stock (or stock-based) ROM must be installed. Specifically, one that includes Samsung's serviceModeApp.apk in /system/app. This is required to support the *#197328640# dialer code that brings up the modem's service menu. ROM's such as CM9/CM10/AOKP/AOSP won't work for this because they don't have the service mode interface.

Second, a modem that supports the '[4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALIZE' command is required. The service mode menu items that are displayed and available are a function of the modem, not the ROM-- so only specific modems can be used to unlock with this method. So far it's confirmed that T-Mobile's UVLE1 and AT&T's UCLD2 have what it takes.

Just perform a nandroid backup of the current setup, flash an appropriate ROM and modem, factory reset, reboot, perform the network unlock, reboot, verify it's success with a non-accepted SIM, then restore the nandroid backup and re-flash the previous modem.
    Let me get this straight. A STOCK rom like embryo? Or back to actual stock... I'm in slim bean 3.1. And then I have to flash a new modem? Current UCLI3. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    no, flash the files cschmitt posted
    UCLD2 modems: here
    UCLD2 OEM Stock, rooted: here