[APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Search This thread

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Very nice!
But no gesture input in Hebrew?
Deleting for now... :(

But other than that, its the perfect keyboard!

Reactions: zevele

cip91

Apr 7, 2011
Could you also make possible to put the arrow row on the top? Or even better, could you just put the right and left arrow at the end (right) of the "suggestion bar" (at least in landscape), so that it will take just a little space but it is usable (I miss that feature from the symbian keyboard). Moreover, could you add an option to remove the numbers as second function on the top letter row when you select the 13-keys split in landscape? You already have the numbers in the center column, I think that they are "redundant", and the second function could be used for something else...

Dinc79

Aug 12, 2010
Testing now on droid RAZR will report back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tenkainen

May 21, 2010
Tampere
Tapping works perfectly, sliding not so much. In Finnish, when sliding, the auto correction has absolutely no clue about anything. Also the autocapitalization doesn't work in Finnish at all.

Otherwise better and somewhat slicker than SlideIt, which I previously used. Like the eye candy too. And when I'm writing this, I notice English works million times better on this keyboard.

listaykx

Dec 23, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Gesture doesn't work with words like "alfabeta@gmail.com", "@gmail.com", "1370". If that could be fixed it would be great, I'll be buying this app for sure.

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Testing now my gs3... when actually using it is very smooth and accurate... Just a heads up that when testing in the settings it locks up quite a bit... Also I'm using the ice cream sandwich theme but the settings says its the gingerbread theme... Other than that it's great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

dwellexity

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
All good, volume key cursor control is awesome feature but on my sony WT19i, it gives the same beep sound as the volume key usually gives while changing ringer and notification sound, it's very annoying, some fix??

psyonicus

Jul 16, 2012
Hi.
Why would it need locatiion permission?
I get the other permissions, and your explanation of them makes sense, but why would it need to access precise and coarse location? That's the only permission you don't explain in the description, and I can't figure out why.
Best regards.

kiideveloper

Dec 21, 2012
Kii keyboard is based off the android 4.2 keyboard, that's why you find many similarities between many of these ports. We are all trying to take the good ides from different keyboards and incorporate them, so yes many features are inspired by different keyboards on the market. I have definitely tried many of these alternative keyboards.

I've used the other JB keyboard and when I tried this one I presumed it was off the 4.2 base with improvements & additional options/features.

But, I haven't looked at the 2 we mentioned to compare menu by menu - are they that close?

--

EDIT: Trying to compare the three keyboards. They all even seem to have some different options of what they can & can't do (does the one by VLLWP have swipe like ability that I'm just missing?). Emoticon is on the enter key on two of them, and a letter on one. Long press on the period gives slightly different menus. Long press on the ?123 key is much better on the Kii keyboard.

So,to me, this doesn't look like a direct rip of one of the ones in the market - this looks like it started as a port of the 4.2 keyboard that he is trying to improve.

Of all 3, I'd stick with whoever keeps trying to improve on it, even if they all started as ports.

nimrodity

Sep 9, 2008
www.thedroideffect.com
naked browser keeps force closing all the time when i try to type something.Never had any trouble using swiftkey.Especially when i try a swipe gesture it instantly force closes my browser.
I like the great options,very cutomizable,even though editing the size isn´t comfortable with the 4 given values.It seems more flexible than it really is.
Also no theme really looks nice.But there is potential visible for sure :good:

journeyman73

Sep 14, 2007
CHICAGO
Alright so the keyboard has been great thus far but I've noticed that none of the functions of the d pad seems to work in the Google search box. They work fine however in URL search. Definitely not a big deal just thought I would point it out.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2012-12-23-13-38-26.jpg
    Screenshots_2012-12-23-13-38-26.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

polstein

Sep 9, 2007
Six pages later and no replies/comments from the dev. Hmm!

Kii keyboard is based off the android 4.2 keyboard, that's why you find many similarities between many of these ports. We are all trying to take the good ides from different keyboards and incorporate them, so yes many features are inspired by different keyboards on the market. I have definitely tried many of these alternative keyboards.

Exactly what I thought then. Are you taking suggestions from this thread for future improvements?

fedort

Dec 29, 2011
Nice job, I like it so far!

Edit: I have some problem with the Korean dictionary though... it doesn't recognize any of the words I 'swype'. When I just press the letters one by one it recognizes words, but when swyping it doesn't... For the other languages I use (English and Dutch) I don't have this problem.

Last edited:

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Replying with Kii KB as you read this. I have always loathed 3rd party keyboards as most of them lag and have horrible text prediction and layouts that suck.

This KB has a fantastic layout, great colour choices and doesn't lag. Nice job.:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Nov 21, 2012
Its not bad. It seems to handle "is" vs "its" better than swype so far. I would like more themes though. Ones that have different colored swype lines etc. Someone mentioned this earlier, why does the app need geolocating permissions?

aniuwoo

Dec 14, 2009
It seems like a great app. BUT can't download it from the Play Store because we are located in China. WTF! Pls post an apk file for download in the forum so that we can try this great idea! Thnx!:good:

UtkarshAgrawal

Dec 1, 2012
1. Needs better prediction.
2. The keyboard layouts are extremely useless, they need to be bettered.
3. No arrow keys in the usual layout.
4. Can't type words like app, sometimes it types its instead of is.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Hmm I guess arrow keys would be pretty cool. The layouts aren't that bad for the keys. I think this KB is quite functional.

There should be a way to reset the size customizations easily to their default values. Trying to move those sliders to 100% can be quite frustrating :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

eden1988

Dec 25, 2010
Could you make it in such a way that we don't have to choose to select another language (e.g. chinese, hebrew, german) by long pressing and selecting it from the prompt that appears, but swiping across the keyboard to change language? Something similar to Samsung keyboard...

I would also purchase if this keyboard goes out of beta and has lots of useful feature :) keep up the good work Kii team

Edit: Found a bug, not a major one though. It's when we select our theme, the theme shown on the theme settings doesn't matches the one we selected.
(E.g. if we select ICS theme, on theme settings Gingerbread theme is shown instead)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kii Keyboard is an all new alternative android keyboard!

●Main features:
    ★Smart and accurate predictions
    ★User defined text shortcuts
    ★Extra number row on top
    ★Extra arrow row on top
    ★Swiftkey like next word prediction
    ★Gesture keyboard control
    ★Swype like gesture input
    ★Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
    ★Support iOS6 emoji input
    ★8 build-in HD themes
    ★Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
    ★Font and color customization
    ★Use any pictures as keyboard background
    ★True Multi-touch keyboard

●Support 34 languages:

kp64HJjY2OuZCjeAhDH_NUARM7INVdyibJvNZw3Ltt-qf7JWDpUCWS_5nEvUpyBuL8c=w124

Play store link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin
    Yea I went to download on my new phone and couldn't find it either! Hope they can do an alternative link or something

private temporary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y9czqxVYzVYmJ0OWVKVlNmUjQ/view?usp=sharing
    I also have google running but only 31mb not 80 like you. Wonder what the google thing is?

Sent from GNII by TapII

Guys, memory usage in modern operating system are designed to be dynamic. The system is designed in such a way that it will give as much memory as needed to an app (up to some maximum) if it has the memory available, the allocated memory will remain even when they are not being actively used. When another app (or process) needs memory, the system automatically reallocate the unused memory from one app to this other app that needs them. This memory reallocation takes time so the system will not do it unless it's necessary.

This is why on some devices you see an app uses more memory and on some devices it uses less. For example, on mine phone, Kii Keyboard is currently using 20MB of memory. If you see an app uses a lot of memory, it may just mean the system has enough memory to go around and therefore does not need to reallocate unused memory from one app to another.

Monitoring an app's memory usage is the developers' problem, not something an user should be concerned about. From an user perspective, you should just be concerning about whether the app is performing well/smoothly, if it is, there's really no need to care about how much memory it uses.

I've used the other JB keyboard and when I tried this one I presumed it was off the 4.2 base with improvements & additional options/features.

But, I haven't looked at the 2 we mentioned to compare menu by menu - are they that close?

--

EDIT: Trying to compare the three keyboards. They all even seem to have some different options of what they can & can't do (does the one by VLLWP have swipe like ability that I'm just missing?). Emoticon is on the enter key on two of them, and a letter on one. Long press on the period gives slightly different menus. Long press on the ?123 key is much better on the Kii keyboard.

So,to me, this doesn't look like a direct rip of one of the ones in the market - this looks like it started as a port of the 4.2 keyboard that he is trying to improve.

Of all 3, I'd stick with whoever keeps trying to improve on it, even if they all started as ports.
    I'm really missing ability to correct already made words. I mean swipe a whole SMS then you find a mistake, you click on bad words and choose another from the bar. Here I have to double click, delete and reswipe

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium