au KDDI HTC J Butterfly [JAPAN] Unlock/Recovery/Root/AUrora v.1.0.2 ROM

Search This thread

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
This is for all users of the HTC J Butterfly (HTL21) that was released in Japan.

For any of the below procedures, read the instructions several times before attempting. Also, please copy/paste any commands in the code boxes so you avoid making typing mistakes.

You can find me on IRC, irc.andirc.net #HTCJButterfly - but it's not a dedicated channel and I'm usually only on in the evenings, JST.

To do this, I assume you have the proper tools set up, are familiar with doing ADB commands, are aware that I (or the other posters) are NOT liable for any damage that you might do to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.

Unlock: Yes (日本語で from fnoji111 / simplified English explanation from samusx)
Here, we will get temproot, change the CID, then unlock the phone through the htcdev website.

Preparation
  • goroh_kun's root tools
  • You are able to issue ADB/Fastboot commands to your phone
  • USB Debugging is ON (Settings -> Developer Options -> check USB Debugging)

Further note, you may want to back up everything on your external SD card, or just use a spare external SD card to do this process.

Temproot

1. From goroh_kun's root tools, you'll find two files inside: diaggetroot.apk and getroot. Put these two files in a folder where you can run ADB commands.
  2. In a command prompt, run
    Code:
    adb install diaggetroot.apk
  3. Next, run
    Code:
    adb push getroot /data/local/tmp/getroot
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/getroot
  4. On your phone, run the diaggetroot application, the name might be BreakSuidDiag, wait for the Hello World! message to appear
  5. In the command prompt, run
    Code:
    adb shell
    /dev/sh
You should now see # in the command prompt. If you don't, toggle the Wi-Fi ON/Off and try the /dev/sh command again. If you have #, great. Next!

Modify CID
(Thank you, beaups, for the easier method to change the CID!)
  1. You should have # in the command prompt
  2. run
    Code:
    echo -ne "11111111" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 seek=20
  3. back into the command prompt, with #, run
    Code:
    reboot bootloader
  4. With your phone now in the bootloader, run
    Code:
    fastboot oem readcid
The result should show 11111111!

Unlock
It's probably a good idea to backup any data because this will essentially factory reset your phone.
  1. If you have 11111111, go to htcdev.com
  2. Choose to unlock the bootloader, from the devices pull-down menu, select ALL OTHER SUPPORTED MODELS
  3. Follow all of the directions until you are unlocked
  4. Keep your unlock token somewhere safe!

Custom Recovery and Root: YES
Phone unlocked? Good. Thanks to drewx2, we now have a working custom recovery, and we can get root as well. We'll do this in one go. We will flash the custom recovery, change the theme so that the recovery fits on the screen, then flash SuperSU. Oh, let's flash Busybox as well.

Preparation

Flash TWRP and change the theme
  1. In the command prompt
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  2. When the phone enters bootloader mode, in the command prompt
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-htc-dlxj.img
  3. Check to make sure that the recovery works. If it does, great!
  4. Follow this guide to change the theme to fit the screen

From here, you can flash a ROM through the custom recovery, like AUrora, and it will already be rooted with SuperSU included. If you don't want to install a custom ROM, you can follow the below instructions to get root/SuperSU on your stock system.

Flash SuperSU and Busybox from TWRP (optional)
  1. Put the SU_Busybox_Package.zip file on your sdcard
  2. From TWRP, tap Install
  3. Find the file and select it
  4. Swipe the white arrow from left to right to install
  5. Tap Reboot System and check to see if SuperSU and Busybox work

Problems/Issues
au Market won't work if Superuser is installed. If you uninstall Superuser, au Market will work, then you can install Superuser again after you finish using au Market. Until this is resolved, this is the way to use both applications together. If you use SuperSU instead of Superuser, then au Market should work.

Custom ROMs: Yes
J Butterfly Stock Rooted ROM 1.15.970.1 (odex)
J Butterfly Stock Rooted ROM 1.15.970.1 (deodex) - Camera will crash if you try and record a video, seeing what can be done to resolve this. Please use the odex'd rom instead if you need to video record.
AUrora v1.0.2 - See Post #2

S-OFF: YES
Please go to http://unlimited.io/ - The DirtyRacun S-OFF method has been released for this phone. You can find this method under the S-OFF Exploits menu.
(Please note that support for S-OFF will not be available on this thread, please ask the developers at the unlimited.io website if you have any troubles or issues with the S-OFF method)

SIM Unlock: Yes
There is a guide written by fnoji111. Because I have not tested this myself, I cannot provide any assistance if you find yourself in trouble. DO THIS PROCEDURE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Custom Kernels: N/A

RUU: N/A

Credits:
goroh_kun, for his root tools
fnoji111, for providing the unlock process
samusx, writing up an explanation of the unlock process
jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb, for their time and advice on random things
beaups, his time, alternative methods, and simpler CID method
drewx2, for providing a working custom recovery (TWRP)
dsb, for helping me get my custom rom working
lyapota for the camera mod
nitsuj17, stat bar mods
UKB (nitsuj17) and CODIS (chingy51o, newtoroot) ROM creators
androidfilehost
zeppelinrox, SuperCharger V6 tweaks

Last edited:

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
AUrora v1.0.2

AUrora ROM v1.0.2

Features
Based on stock DLXJ 1.15.970.1
Android 4.1.1 / Sense 4+
Aroma Installer
SuperCharger V6 tweaks
Deodex
Debloat
Rooted
SuperSU
Busybox
Add 3rd Party Apps
lyapota's camera (shhhhhh!)
Status Bar mods (Clock/Battery)

Download: AUrora v.1.0.2 (English) | AUrora v.1.0.2 (日本語)

Installation
Your device should be unlocked, rooted, with a custom recovery. (see post #1)
  1. Make sure you've made a nandroid backup!
  2. Put AUrora ROM on your internal SD card
  3. In recovery, in this case TWRP, Wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, and system.
  4. Install AUrora ROM
  5. Reboot system
Issues
Although Busybox is installed, it may not work properly. In that case, you can flash this Busybox from recovery. No wipes needed.

Changelog
Code:
v1.0.2
*re-cooked ROM, au Market should work now
*Updated some/system/apps, 2/4/2013
*Updated some /data/apps, 2/4/2013
*V6 SuperCharger [U9RC11] tweaks (100% SuperCharger, Die Hard Launcher, sdcard/3g, Kernel/VM, Zipalign apk/permissions fix on boot)
*Removed a few more HTC/au apps, installable in Aroma
*Added 5 DNA HEX wallpapers (Pink, BW, Blue, Yellow, Orange)
*Created Purple and Red battery percentage mods
*Removed centered clock mods
*Modified Rosie, Landscape and 5x6/8x4 App drawer added (thanks nitsuj17 and dsb9938 for guidance)
*Added 5 DNA wallpapers (Blue/Red Droid DNA Eye, Green/Purple/Red DNA HEX)
*Changed default wallpaper

v.1.0.1
*Edited aroma-config and updater-script to fix the camera mod page not 
showing up if Default is chosen in au installation screen in Aroma (thanks samusx)

v1.0.0
*Fixed Video recording (thanks lyapota)
*Added UKB Status Bar Battery/Clock mods to Aroma (thanks nitsuj17!)
*Added lyapota camera mod, choosable in aroma
*Debloat and desense (au Apps/Widgets, HTC Apps/Widgets, Wallpapers, 
Lockscreens, etc) with option to install in Aroma
*Added a temporary splash screen
*Added extra 3rd Party apps to install in aroma: Titanium Backup,
 ES File Browser, LINE
*Added Aroma Installer

Credits:
fnoji111, for providing the unlock process, Japanese aroma installer
nitsuj17, stat bar mods
androidfilehost

Attachments

• added_camera_options.jpg
    added_camera_options.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,478
  • au_debloat.jpg
    au_debloat.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 4,109
  • blue_batt.jpg
    blue_batt.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4,083
  • 5x6_appdrawer.jpg
    5x6_appdrawer.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,650
  • 8x4_land_appdrawer.jpg
    8x4_land_appdrawer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3,323
  • landscape_rosie.jpg
    landscape_rosie.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,057
Last edited:

g.b.a.

Nov 19, 2012
Tokyo
looking forward...

i am looking forward for some updates on this post...
keep us posted!
thanks.

kdahri

Jan 10, 2007
I think only j butterfly can not be unlocked as per your info. But, HTC Butterfly which have been released in Singapore & China can be unlocked since they are not locked to any carrier (not tested yet but it is based on other HTC devices experience).

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
I think only j butterfly can not be unlocked as per your info. But, HTC Butterfly which have been released in Singapore & China can be unlocked since they are not locked to any carrier (not tested yet but it is based on other HTC devices experience).

For the time being, yes, the J Butterfly cannot be unlocked. I'm jealous of the Singapore and China variants being unlocked...unfortunately my carrier here in Japan does not like to unlock phones, based on my experience.

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
Looks like there is some good news on the horizon.
Seems someone found something.
Take a look.

http://htcsoku.info/au-deluxe-unlock/
dlxjunlock.jpg

au by KDDIから発売されているHTC J butterflyのHTCDevでの開発者アンロックはキャリアの意向により出来ませんが、以前からSnapdragon S4機でなぜか可能になっているCIDブロックの改変でのSuperCID化(本来S-OFFでないと出来ない)により姉妹機で同様にキャリア(Verizon)の意向によって開発者アンロックの提供がされていないDROID DNAのアンロックは可能となっていました。

CIDブロックを改変するためには管理者権限が必要となっており、DROID DNAはcom.htc.usageのexploitにより管理者権限を得た後CIDブロック(mmcblk0p5)を改変し、本体のCIDをSuperCIDに行った後開発者アンロックを実現していました。

しかしHTC J butterflyの出荷時点ではそのcom.htc.usageのexploitは利用できず、管理者権限が得られないためにブロックの記述変更ができないでいましたが、Androidセキュリティ等で著名な@goroh_kunさんの協力によりHTC J butterflyの管理者権限を得る事が出来、CIDブロックの改変を行う事が出来ました!

これでHTC J butterflyのカスタムが広がればいいですね!

方法やブロックの改変方法等は後ほどHTC速報Devで記述予定です。(2012/12/30/2:31時点では記載してません、少々お待ち下さい・・・)

HTC速報Dev – HTC J butterfly 機種個別ページ
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
Looks like there is some good news on the horizon.
Seems someone found something.
Take a look.

http://htcsoku.info/au-deluxe-unlock/

au by KDDIから発売されているHTC J butterflyのHTCDevでの開発者アンロックはキャリアの意向により出来ませんが、以前からSnapdragon S4機でなぜか可能になっているCIDブロックの改変でのSuperCID化(本来S-OFFでないと出来ない)により姉妹機で同様にキャリア(Verizon)の意向によって開発者アンロックの提供がされていないDROID DNAのアンロックは可能となっていました。

CIDブロックを改変するためには管理者権限が必要となっており、DROID DNAはcom.htc.usageのexploitにより管理者権限を得た後CIDブロック(mmcblk0p5)を改変し、本体のCIDをSuperCIDに行った後開発者アンロックを実現していました。

しかしHTC J butterflyの出荷時点ではそのcom.htc.usageのexploitは利用できず、管理者権限が得られないためにブロックの記述変更ができないでいましたが、Androidセキュリティ等で著名な@goroh_kunさんの協力によりHTC J butterflyの管理者権限を得る事が出来、CIDブロックの改変を行う事が出来ました!

これでHTC J butterflyのカスタムが広がればいいですね!

方法やブロックの改変方法等は後ほどHTC速報Devで記述予定です。(2012/12/30/2:31時点では記載してません、少々お待ち下さい・・・)

HTC速報Dev – HTC J butterfly 機種個別ページ
http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/

Yep! I'm fiddling with it right now, but the exact instructions haven't been released just yet, so I haven't been able to unlock...yet. Thanks!

chockchip

Dec 21, 2007
Kaohsiung City
I know this is JAPAN BUTTERFLY but in Taiwan Butterfly Version can be unlocked through HTCDEV and after that rooted using the same method as HTC ONE X.

8294963383_38fb78dd6d_b.jpg

tiltyu

Nov 10, 2010
Tokyo
my J butterfly loses signal after trying the rooting method above. anyone has the stock img of system and radio?

hope someone has pulled them using dd command when they got temproot; I forgot to do it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
my J butterfly loses signal after trying the rooting method above. anyone has the stock img of system and radio?

hope someone has pulled them using dd command when they got temproot; I forgot to do it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Seems to be a coincidence, it seems that the network went down at the same time. It's back up now though. Unlocked and ready to go!

g.b.a.

Nov 19, 2012
Tokyo
great job!!!

good for you...
and this is a wonderful New Year information...
hope you can share the procedure in English including the necessary processes (backup, data save, etc.)
thanks in advance!

Happy New Year!

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
The prep for unlocking the phone is simple.
First you need to have the Android SDK installed and ready to go. If you don't know how watch this video and follow the guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glGdw2HAumg
This is where to get the android sdk and the written guide.
http://droidmodderx.com/galaxynexus/how-to-set-up-the-sdk-for-galaxy-nexus

Before you start in your Android phone settings click about then click the Phone identity tab. Make a note of your IMEI and MEID number.
The get these two files and put them in the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools folder.
diaggetroot.apk
getroot

These two files can be downloaded here.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LDObFOpzZqQzducmxjRExXNnM/edit?pli=1

You will a HEX file editor. Just google search for Free HEX editor and you will be able to find one.

This guide was written for Windows users. Sorry I don't use MAC.

STEP 1: Get administration privileges

With the diaggetroot.apk and getroot files put in the android SDK platform-tools folder right click on an empty space in the browser window and open a command prompt window (cmd)

Copy and paste this into the the cmd window and push 'enter'.

It should push the file to the android system folder.
Then copy and paste these lines and push 'enter' after each.

Now on your android phone itself open your app drawer and open the app we just pushed to the system. It should be called BreakSuidiag or something like that. It will have a generic android icon.

When you open it, you should see a white screen and it will say "hello world".

Back on your PC in the same cmd window as before paste these lines and push 'enter' after each.
adb shell
/dev/sh

You should now see the '#' mark in the cmd window. Thats good.
(If it didn't work, turn your wifi on then off. Then try the two above lines again.)

Now make sure you have an SD card in your J Butterfly. This process will erase your SD card so make sure you have your data backed up.
In the same cmd window copy and paste this line.
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/storage/ext_sd/mmcblk0p5ORIG

You should see some writing that says the it made a file or something along those lines.
This will copy a file to your SD card called mmcblk0p5ORIG.
Now in your android options window unmount the SD card. Then remove the card and plug it into your PC and open the mmcblk0p5ORIG file with a HEX editor.

You will see a bunch of numbers that look like this.
deluxejunlock1.jpg

Make sure the numbers underlined in orange(IMEI) and blue(MEID) match the numbers that you got from your Phone identity info.
There won't be XXXXXXX in your version, those are added here to protect this users personal phone identity numbers. In your file please do not add X's. Leave the numbers as they are but just make sure they match the numbers you made a note of before.

You only have to make a small edit to this file. The text that reads "KDDI_801" must be set to "11111111" That is 8, 1's that perfectly replace the "KDDI_801". When you are done it will look like this.
deluxejunlock2.jpg

Now save that edited file back to the SD card named 'mmcblk0p5MOD' and they you can eject your SD card from your PC and put it back in your J Butterfly.

Now we will write this file to the phones data. Copy and paste these into the cmd window and push 'enter' after each.
dd if=/storage/ext_sd/mmcblk0p5MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
reboot bootloader

Your phone should reboot.

After it does copy and paste this and push 'enter'.
fastboot oem readcid

You should see a screen that shows you "11111111" meaning that your new CID number is set.

Now you can follow the HTC dev unlock steps from the link at the top of this post.
Here is the like to the HTC dev unlock page.
http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

I hope everyone is able to follow my guide. Good luck.

samusx

Feb 16, 2011
Sounds like a good plan, add it to the OP.
I found this Chinese forum today. I wonder if it has any useful info.
I can't really understand what they are talking about even using Google Translate.

But maybe someone has some use for this page.

http://www.htcbbs.net/forum-182-1.html

SharpIS03

Dec 17, 2010
Koshigaya
All right, I've updated the OP with the unlock procedure. Credit goes to samusx for writing up the procedure with some explanations. My procedure doesn't really go into explanations. If you've found any errors, let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for all users of the HTC J Butterfly (HTL21) that was released in Japan.

For any of the below procedures, read the instructions several times before attempting. Also, please copy/paste any commands in the code boxes so you avoid making typing mistakes.

You can find me on IRC, irc.andirc.net #HTCJButterfly - but it's not a dedicated channel and I'm usually only on in the evenings, JST.

To do this, I assume you have the proper tools set up, are familiar with doing ADB commands, are aware that I (or the other posters) are NOT liable for any damage that you might do to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.

Unlock: Yes (日本語で from fnoji111 / simplified English explanation from samusx)
    Here, we will get temproot, change the CID, then unlock the phone through the htcdev website.

Preparation
    • goroh_kun's root tools
    • You are able to issue ADB/Fastboot commands to your phone
    • USB Debugging is ON (Settings -> Developer Options -> check USB Debugging)

Further note, you may want to back up everything on your external SD card, or just use a spare external SD card to do this process.

Temproot

1. From goroh_kun's root tools, you'll find two files inside: diaggetroot.apk and getroot. Put these two files in a folder where you can run ADB commands.
    2. In a command prompt, run
      Code:
    3. Next, run
      Code:
    4. On your phone, run the diaggetroot application, the name might be BreakSuidDiag, wait for the Hello World! message to appear
    5. In the command prompt, run
      Code:
      adb shell
      /dev/sh
    You should now see # in the command prompt. If you don't, toggle the Wi-Fi ON/Off and try the /dev/sh command again. If you have #, great. Next!

Modify CID
    (Thank you, beaups, for the easier method to change the CID!)
    1. You should have # in the command prompt
    2. run
      Code:
      echo -ne "11111111" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 bs=1 seek=20
    3. back into the command prompt, with #, run
      Code:
      reboot bootloader
    4. With your phone now in the bootloader, run
      Code:
      fastboot oem readcid
    The result should show 11111111!

Unlock
    It's probably a good idea to backup any data because this will essentially factory reset your phone.
    1. If you have 11111111, go to htcdev.com
    2. Choose to unlock the bootloader, from the devices pull-down menu, select ALL OTHER SUPPORTED MODELS
    3. Follow all of the directions until you are unlocked
    4. Keep your unlock token somewhere safe!

Custom Recovery and Root: YES
    Phone unlocked? Good. Thanks to drewx2, we now have a working custom recovery, and we can get root as well. We'll do this in one go. We will flash the custom recovery, change the theme so that the recovery fits on the screen, then flash SuperSU. Oh, let's flash Busybox as well.

Preparation

Flash TWRP and change the theme
    1. In the command prompt
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    2. When the phone enters bootloader mode, in the command prompt
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-htc-dlxj.img
    3. Check to make sure that the recovery works. If it does, great!
    4. Follow this guide to change the theme to fit the screen

From here, you can flash a ROM through the custom recovery, like AUrora, and it will already be rooted with SuperSU included. If you don't want to install a custom ROM, you can follow the below instructions to get root/SuperSU on your stock system.

Flash SuperSU and Busybox from TWRP (optional)
    1. Put the SU_Busybox_Package.zip file on your sdcard
    2. From TWRP, tap Install
    3. Find the file and select it
    4. Swipe the white arrow from left to right to install
    5. Tap Reboot System and check to see if SuperSU and Busybox work

Problems/Issues
    au Market won't work if Superuser is installed. If you uninstall Superuser, au Market will work, then you can install Superuser again after you finish using au Market. Until this is resolved, this is the way to use both applications together. If you use SuperSU instead of Superuser, then au Market should work.

Custom ROMs: Yes
    J Butterfly Stock Rooted ROM 1.15.970.1 (odex)
    J Butterfly Stock Rooted ROM 1.15.970.1 (deodex) - Camera will crash if you try and record a video, seeing what can be done to resolve this. Please use the odex'd rom instead if you need to video record.
    AUrora v1.0.2 - See Post #2

S-OFF: YES
    Please go to http://unlimited.io/ - The DirtyRacun S-OFF method has been released for this phone. You can find this method under the S-OFF Exploits menu.
    (Please note that support for S-OFF will not be available on this thread, please ask the developers at the unlimited.io website if you have any troubles or issues with the S-OFF method)

SIM Unlock: Yes
    There is a guide written by fnoji111. Because I have not tested this myself, I cannot provide any assistance if you find yourself in trouble. DO THIS PROCEDURE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Custom Kernels: N/A

RUU: N/A

Credits:
    fnoji111, for providing the unlock process
    nitsuj17, stat bar mods
    androidfilehost
    How to SIM Unlock

Hello.
    I am the manager at HTCsoku where I wrote this guide for SIM unlock of the HTC J Butterfly
    http://htcsoku.info/htcsokudev/2012device/deluxe_j/simfree/

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

How to SIM Unlock

What you need
    • S-OFF / UNLOCK HTC J butterfly
    • HTC J butterfly Custom Recovery
    • HTC Butterfy (X920d) Baseband FIle (radio.img)
    • HTC Butterfly (X920d) PortROM

Baseband File (radio.img) Packing zip (RUU)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?atm5nw3giz3z8af

New TW PortROM
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658472241

S-OFF is MANDATORY

Next, flash in baseband file (radio.img) and TW PortROM
    1. Put phone in FASTBOOT mode
    2. Flash the X920d radio.img
      Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      fastboot flash zip X920dradio.zip
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
    3. Reboot into custom RECOVERY
    4. Install TW PortROM

htl21portub1.jpg

After reboot your phone, it becomes a SIM FREE (SIM card read is not stable.)

Notice!

1. If you do this, you must use a custom recovery for the X920d device.
    2. SIM card read is not stable.

NOT WORKING

• NFC
    • Felica
    • OneSeg (TV)
    • Irda (赤外線)
    • auLTE/au3G/auCall

Enjoy!

thanks edit SharpIS03!!

---2013/02/01
    add New TW PortROM
    Software Number update 1.04.709.5→1.14.709.1
    bugfix → Bluetooth working

--2013/02/14
    bootloader replace was not mandatory.
    Therefore, I turned deleted the description.
    AUrora v1.0.2

AUrora ROM v1.0.2

Features
    Based on stock DLXJ 1.15.970.1
    Android 4.1.1 / Sense 4+
    Aroma Installer
    SuperCharger V6 tweaks
    Deodex
    Debloat
    Rooted
    SuperSU
    Busybox
    Add 3rd Party Apps
    lyapota's camera (shhhhhh!)
    Status Bar mods (Clock/Battery)

Download: AUrora v.1.0.2 (English) | AUrora v.1.0.2 (日本語)

Installation
    Your device should be unlocked, rooted, with a custom recovery. (see post #1)
    1. Make sure you've made a nandroid backup!
    2. Put AUrora ROM on your internal SD card
    3. In recovery, in this case TWRP, Wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, and system.
    4. Install AUrora ROM
    5. Reboot system
    Issues
    Although Busybox is installed, it may not work properly. In that case, you can flash this Busybox from recovery. No wipes needed.

Changelog
    Code:
    v1.0.2
    *re-cooked ROM, au Market should work now
    *Updated some/system/apps, 2/4/2013
    *Updated some /data/apps, 2/4/2013
    *V6 SuperCharger [U9RC11] tweaks (100% SuperCharger, Die Hard Launcher, sdcard/3g, Kernel/VM, Zipalign apk/permissions fix on boot)
    *Removed a few more HTC/au apps, installable in Aroma
    *Added 5 DNA HEX wallpapers (Pink, BW, Blue, Yellow, Orange)
    *Created Purple and Red battery percentage mods
    *Removed centered clock mods
    *Modified Rosie, Landscape and 5x6/8x4 App drawer added (thanks nitsuj17 and dsb9938 for guidance)
    *Added 5 DNA wallpapers (Blue/Red Droid DNA Eye, Green/Purple/Red DNA HEX)
    *Changed default wallpaper

v.1.0.1
    *Edited aroma-config and updater-script to fix the camera mod page not 
    showing up if Default is chosen in au installation screen in Aroma (thanks samusx)

v1.0.0
    *Fixed Video recording (thanks lyapota)
    *Added UKB Status Bar Battery/Clock mods to Aroma (thanks nitsuj17!)
    *Added lyapota camera mod, choosable in aroma
    *Debloat and desense (au Apps/Widgets, HTC Apps/Widgets, Wallpapers, 
    Lockscreens, etc) with option to install in Aroma
    *Added a temporary splash screen
    *Added extra 3rd Party apps to install in aroma: Titanium Backup,
     ES File Browser, LINE
    *Added Aroma Installer

Credits:
    fnoji111, for providing the unlock process, Japanese aroma installer
    nitsuj17, stat bar mods
    androidfilehost
    The prep for unlocking the phone is simple.
    First you need to have the Android SDK installed and ready to go. If you don't know how watch this video and follow the guide.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glGdw2HAumg
    This is where to get the android sdk and the written guide.
    http://droidmodderx.com/galaxynexus/how-to-set-up-the-sdk-for-galaxy-nexus

Before you start in your Android phone settings click about then click the Phone identity tab. Make a note of your IMEI and MEID number.
    The get these two files and put them in the android-sdk-windows/platform-tools folder.
    diaggetroot.apk
    getroot

These two files can be downloaded here.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8LDObFOpzZqQzducmxjRExXNnM/edit?pli=1

You will a HEX file editor. Just google search for Free HEX editor and you will be able to find one.

This guide was written for Windows users. Sorry I don't use MAC.

STEP 1: Get administration privileges

With the diaggetroot.apk and getroot files put in the android SDK platform-tools folder right click on an empty space in the browser window and open a command prompt window (cmd)

Copy and paste this into the the cmd window and push 'enter'.

It should push the file to the android system folder.
    Then copy and paste these lines and push 'enter' after each.

Now on your android phone itself open your app drawer and open the app we just pushed to the system. It should be called BreakSuidiag or something like that. It will have a generic android icon.

When you open it, you should see a white screen and it will say "hello world".

Back on your PC in the same cmd window as before paste these lines and push 'enter' after each.
    adb shell
    /dev/sh

You should now see the '#' mark in the cmd window. Thats good.
    (If it didn't work, turn your wifi on then off. Then try the two above lines again.)

Now make sure you have an SD card in your J Butterfly. This process will erase your SD card so make sure you have your data backed up.
    In the same cmd window copy and paste this line.
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/storage/ext_sd/mmcblk0p5ORIG

You should see some writing that says the it made a file or something along those lines.
    This will copy a file to your SD card called mmcblk0p5ORIG.
    Now in your android options window unmount the SD card. Then remove the card and plug it into your PC and open the mmcblk0p5ORIG file with a HEX editor.

You will see a bunch of numbers that look like this.
    deluxejunlock1.jpg

Make sure the numbers underlined in orange(IMEI) and blue(MEID) match the numbers that you got from your Phone identity info.
    There won't be XXXXXXX in your version, those are added here to protect this users personal phone identity numbers. In your file please do not add X's. Leave the numbers as they are but just make sure they match the numbers you made a note of before.

You only have to make a small edit to this file. The text that reads "KDDI_801" must be set to "11111111" That is 8, 1's that perfectly replace the "KDDI_801". When you are done it will look like this.
    deluxejunlock2.jpg

Now save that edited file back to the SD card named 'mmcblk0p5MOD' and they you can eject your SD card from your PC and put it back in your J Butterfly.

Now we will write this file to the phones data. Copy and paste these into the cmd window and push 'enter' after each.
    dd if=/storage/ext_sd/mmcblk0p5MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    reboot bootloader

Your phone should reboot.

After it does copy and paste this and push 'enter'.
    fastboot oem readcid

You should see a screen that shows you "11111111" meaning that your new CID number is set.

Now you can follow the HTC dev unlock steps from the link at the top of this post.
    Here is the like to the HTC dev unlock page.
    http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

I hope everyone is able to follow my guide. Good luck.
    Advanced Power Menu!

I was about ready to give up on this. But finally, I got something working...think there are still some issues I need to resolve, but it basically works....all right, damn I need some sleep. :laugh:

MAJOR props to Zarboz for all of his help on this one!