Or Continue to Thread: Defy MINI xt320: ROOT?
Find Your Device:
29th December 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #371  
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 46

52 posts
More
Okey, so, rooting You have to download this : ( it contains fastboot adb recovery.img and update.zip [ I think it is the right one, becourse
i was applying a few of them at one time to save my time xd ] )
0. Copy update.zip to /sdcard/
1. You need to boot into fastboot (NOT RECOVERY, F A S T B O O T ). You can use:
a)
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
or
b)turn off the phone, then hold POWER+VOL UP+VOL DOWN for 5-10 sec.
2. Now you need to use fastboot. use:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
3.Now CWM TOUCH will boot. There is small problem, it doesn't look as it should, some options are somewhere else etc.
But it works! In normal CWM Recovery i was unable to choose any option, but there everything "works" And you should use
keys on your phone ( POWER to execute, vol. keys to move ), not screen to choose things ( it crashed once when i was using screen )
4. Install zip from sd..(second option)-->choose zip from sdc..)--> ...choose...--> Yes - Install --> Reboot --> back

For commands in [.code] marker you need to use cmd. I hope it will work for you guys You are doing everything on your own so if something dont work its not my fault.
If you want to repost it somewhere, please, just write who invented it You should also thanks coder011 becourse he extracted the recovery.img from defy mini which was very helpful
Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip root xt320.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.61 MB, 65443 views)
Last edited by leos0; 29th December 2012 at 11:18 AM.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to leos0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]