Or Continue to Thread: [ROM][Aug 25] Jellybean 4.2.2 …
Find Your Device:
29th December 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #744  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 1,561

421 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarrington1992

Does this rom or kernal support changing the clock speed. I would like to limit it to 1200 to save on battery life but I am not sure if this particular rom supports it. Could anyone let me know.

You can change the scaling frequency on-the-fly, but you should patch (or disable) the power-hal: otherwise it will reset your settings. (power.c)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loozacc

Unfortunatelly the overall phone performance in games is lower than on the adhd (based on ics - 9.7.2).For instance anTuTu gives about 11500 pts whereas on adhd it was almost 15000.

I suppose ADHD is based on a sense rom? In this case the reason why this rom seems to be slower is easy:
HTC is full of ****.

There is a funky library called `libhtc-opt2.so' used in sense roms (this rom also includes a copy of it, but it's not used and just there because nobody bothered to remove it) - running strings on the library gives some interesting results:

$ strings ./target/product/endeavoru/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/tg_endeavoru-target_files-eng.adrian/SYSTEM/lib/libhtc-opt2.so | grep ^[a-z]
com.android.browser
persist.sys.ui.hw
com.htc.launcher
com.android.camera
com.htc.android.mail.MultipleActivitiesMain
com.htc.android.mail
com.google.android.apps.maps
com.htc.laputa
com.mactiontech.M
com.kingwaytek
com.google.android.videos
com.sdgtl.watch
com.htc.video
com.htc.streamplayer
com.google.android.youtube
com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant
gr.androiddev.BenchmarkPi
com.smartbench
com.quicinc.vellamo
com.android.cm3
com.glbenchmark.
se.nena.nenamark
com.southend.electopi
com.tactel.electopia
com.antutu.tester/com.antutu.tester.Battery
com.antutu
com.greenecomputing.linpack
eu.chainfire.cfbench
com.georgie.pi
com.htc
com.android
com.netflix.mediaclient

So what does the library do? It checks if any of the above applications is running (note that there are quite a few benchmark apps in the list!) and bumps the CPU to max speed.
Again: As soon as you start a benchmark APP, a sense based ROM will go into full-speed mode.

That's cheating and stupid. I hope the guy at HTC responsible for the 'optimization' got fired.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pabx For This Useful Post: [ View ]