[APP] NEW Stock Home Launcher from SONY [ICS 4.0.4]

Search This thread

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
That is perfect!! Now, we only need to make swiping in app drawer to become smoother. Maybe its in the one of the. xml file. I still trying to mod it but no luck yet. :(

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app
Haha no, you can't just make something simply "smooth" its more complicated, you must understand how android works and what may cause the lag.

What do you think about this Apptray button fix?
View attachment 1600578

Sent from my MT11a using xda app-developers app
Nice, please share it with us ;)
Can you tell me which value you used? With that fix, I may include this to my ROM :good:

Metallijim

Dec 1, 2011
Bedford
Google Pixel 7
Haha no, you can't just make something simply "smooth" its more complicated, you must understand how android works and what may cause the lag.

Nice, please share it with us ;)
Can you tell me which value you used? With that fix, I may include this to my ROM :good:

Jader value to change here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35883001

This is with 13.0dip

uploadfromtaptalk1356811496493.jpg

Sent from my metalliArc S

Jonfensu

Apr 10, 2012
I am agree with Jader. I am sure that it is related with Smali files.
Anyway in my case changing the xml values did not work, I dont know why, because I can change the duration of the animations. Anyways here is my version with Fixed Button and Smoother Transitions than Metallijim version :p
Its a flash able zip.
FlashableZip-Home5x4.zip
Flashable zip Updated

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-29-19-37-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-29-19-37-25.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,177
  • Screenshot_2012-12-29-19-37-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-29-19-37-43.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,153
Last edited:

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
Anyway in my case changing the xml values did not work, I dont know why, because I can change the duration of the animations. Anyways here is my version with Fixed Button and Smoother Transitions than Metallijim version :p
Its a flash able zip.
FlashableZip-Home5x4.zip
Lol thanks, nice work =)
Today I was 7 hours Hiking with family - what a pain... My Body hurts, and up, down, up... Pff horrible xD
Had no Time for doing anything else.. I may theme back the launcher a bit to Xperia T Style :cool: and try to fix the theme fc... Maybe its easy, maybe not... Did someone took a look at the structure of the launcher? Well, lets see :cool:
Hope its not all smali. We hate smali ^^ - lol everbody does

Reactions: melootavio

melootavio

Sep 24, 2012
Lol thanks, nice work =)
Today I was 7 hours Hiking with family - what a pain... My Body hurts, and up, down, up... Pff horrible xD
Had no Time for doing anything else.. I may theme back the launcher a bit to Xperia T Style :cool: and try to fix the theme fc... Maybe its easy, maybe not... Did someone took a look at the structure of the launcher? Well, lets see :cool:

Why can not I use this in ROM HD Ultimate in 2.0.3? I've tried a lot and whenever the system does not start. = /

Jonfensu

Apr 10, 2012
Lol thanks, nice work =)

There is a thanks button ;) , But Well If we want a smoother App drawer we need edit some Smali files. I am sure,

The structure itself is similar to the xperia T except for the New Overview/Edit Mode and its Features in homescreen (For example, there are new Files like cui ,cui_app_item, cui_theme_item etc in RES as SMALI folders)
For Theme FC fix I think that in \smali\com\sonyericsson\home\layer\cui\theme is the Solution ,
Cheers :highfive:

jader13254

May 25, 2012
Hamburg
There is a thanks button ;) , But Well If we want a smoother App drawer we need edit some Smali files. I am sure,

The structure itself is similar to the xperia T except for the New Overview/Edit Mode and its Features in homescreen (For example, there are new Files like cui ,cui_app_item, cui_theme_item etc in RES as SMALI folders)
For Theme FC fix I think that in \smali\com\sonyericsson\home\layer\cui\theme is the Solution ,
Cheers :highfive:
I know, sorry, ususally I press "thanks" yesterday I was lazy sorry :D

Reactions: Jonfensu

Adiassidik

Sep 15, 2011
Bekasi - Bandung - Tasikmalaya
Its a flash able zip.
FlashableZip-Home5x4.zip

attachment.php
attachment.php

I love this one!. I wish u can also move the indicator dots to the bottom side (just like in Xperia T JB). Darker App drawer background also will looks better I think...

*thank you for your work Sir...

vedang

May 17, 2010
Rjkt
Its a flash able zip.
FlashableZip-Home5x4.zip

attachment.php
attachment.php

"Perfect"

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app

zenus10

Dec 29, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Make CWM backup.
Download the launcher, rename it to "Home.apk" and put it to your sdcard.
Open some file manager (I use Solid Explorer, but there are many others), and copy "Home.apk" to /system/app folder.
Choose to replace the existing file.
Change it's permissions to rw--r--r-- (In Solid Explorer Long press - Properties - Attributes - Change)
You're done. Go back to home screen. :)

P.S. Google widget will not work (maybe some others too), just remove them and add them back.

umm,this is embarassing me haha..I cant actually perform the backup.Everytime i click backup on CWM manager my phone shut down..how do fix this?

rhtzshahriar

Oct 31, 2011
Sydney
Its a flash able zip.

attachment.php
attachment.php

can you please share this with app drawer 4x4 ..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All, this is a new version of SONY Stock home launcher. It's quite fluid and smooth with some additional options.

I am not sure of the source yet. But it was posted in Xperia S forum and i am sharing it here. Big thanks and credit goes to carlito-lt26i for sharing this resources.

Only for ICS [Tested on Xperia S running stock ICS 4.0.4]
    • You can customize home screen numbers. like 1-3-5 etc.
    • Can create Folder in the app drawer.
    • Adding widget and app shortcuts are different and more smooth.
    • Slightly changed app drawer.
    • To add widget/app/wallpaper/theme you need to pinch the home screen.

So ARC/ARC S owner can try this, if it works on your device. And please do report this thread if this home launcher has been posted already.

How to install

Rename the apk to "Home" and replace in the system\app with proper permission, reboot system and clear data of the "Home"apk.
    Make sure to keep backup.​

Following is the screenshots:

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Edits for peeps....

Default style with slower drawer and menubutton.

Themed Style, slower drawer, fix menubutton, 12px font size.

Test and let me know

(screenshots would be nice)

Credit to Jonfensu for slower animation hints
    Its a flash able zip.
    FlashableZip-Home5x4.zip
    Flashable zip Updated

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    After download, If you are unable to use it, I prefer you to use ThilinaC's Xperia Z Launcher Port v2.5 > HERE

Anyway I want to share something with you, no need to create a new topic.
    I downloaded this apk from 1st msg but unable to use it..
    Same steps as this apk or ThilinaC's port;

If you want to have a better looking apptray, you can try these >

- Decompile apk and go to \res\values-hdpi\integers.xml and change
    <integer name="apptray_grid_rows">5</integer>
    <integer name="apptray_grid_cols">4</integer>
    \res\values-hdpi\dimens.xml and change
    <dimen name="apptray_cell_width">75.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="apptray_cell_height">88.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="apptray_portrait_height">450.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="apptray_portrait_height_att">450.0dip</dimen>

This will give you 5x4 apptray.

- I like this launcher but when we click menu button, apptray_background_color was GRAY which I hate.

to fix it;
    go to \res\values\colors.xml
    <color name="apptray_background_color">#7f262626</color>

Choose what you want or use your own code( like GX Home apptray backgrounds) and change with new code.
    Some examples;
    Fully transparent - "#00000000"
    Fully opaque - "#FF000000"
    50% transparent - "#80000000"

-You can do at least 2 things more..
    go to res\drawable-hdpi folder;

semc_spinner_ab_default_holo_dark.9 refers to 'sort text bkg'
    home_pane_bg.9 refers to 'bkg of 5x4 apptray'

e.g; copy desktop_add_pane.9 to pc and rename it to home_pane_bg.9 and move to apk via 7-zip. This will give you transparent bkg on apptray. (check on picture)

.. If it was useful for you please click thanx button.
    Happy mods!

8138aa.jpg
    5x4 App Drawer

Ok, I made one with 5x4 app drawer.
    Flash the attached file, just remember to clear the data.