User To User Tips, Tricks ideas and issues thread.
XDA_UC is a silent User & Cook automation script.
It requires no user configuration (unless you count dripping stuff into a folder as configuring).
It differs opposed to the default Autorun & RunCC configuration that, as a user you do not need no make an SDConfig.txt file on your SD card.
And that you can start using your device immediately.
It will run in the background at the reboot the Cook has chosen to have it run.
But it adds a lot of extra tweaking functionality for hardcore Tweakers to.
What it basically does is install the beneath on the user side
- My.tsk file from "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
and if not present Cook.tsk from Windows Folder.
- Copy Over User Files.
Check for "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root" if present, Disable Manila from Homescreen then Copy files from "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root" to the root of the device, Then checking for existence of wallpaper_TF3D.png or wallpaper_TF3D.jpg in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root\Windows" and adding that to
Import registry files from "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root\Windows\manila.reg" If present
Re-enable Manila on Homescreen and redraw it. Now also works for the Sense 2.1 and up versions.
- .xdas files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- Silently run Legacy SDConfig.txt from Storage Card
(If your using RunCC.exe or Autorun you do not need to point to or use SDAutorun.exe or SDConfig.txt) Thanks to RoryB
Commands for SDConfig.txt can be found here....
- .cab files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- .cab files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Storage", These cab files will be tempted to install to Storage Location.
- .cab files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Manual",These cab files will start with Full User interaction capabilities to choose where to install to.
- .reg files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- .xml files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- .mscr files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- .cer files in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC"
- Create Shortcuts and more from Registry Keys
More information here....
- Copy over welcomehead.192.01.png & welcomehead.192.02.png present in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root\Windows" to the Windows folder.
- Copy over welcomehead.96.01.png & welcomehead.96.02.png present in "\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Copy2Root\Windows" to the Windows folder.
Actually everything is copied over from Copy2Root folder to root, but the above Splashcreens get their file atributes removed before this happens.
- Add native support for .mscr, .mortrun, .xda, xdai, xdas & .xdaz files
This thread is meant for user to user help and advice and sharing of tricks and tweaks.
Cooks should go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3954547
for more information about the cooking side.
I have attached a Mort Script HTML Manual for those looking into learn about this type of scripting.
Before you consider buying me a beer
. Please consider Donating to XDA
to help out with the maintenance of the forum and get cool stars next to your Nickname showing your appreciation. Then there are always the people that without their apps this wouldn't have been possible at all that you can consider showing some love. Mort
All of whom made Apps Seemingly simple But oh so useful for the whole XDA and PocketPC community.