3rd January 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #609  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 4,806

708 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper08

I tried but it was in a terminal window......held that power button in for ages.......no joy.......so I had to pull battery lead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Caselles

Actually, you have to press for a incredible long time, but eventually it reboots

Reset via power button _must_ always work. It is basic function of the device's firmware, and not affected by anything you can install on n7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper08

Tasssadar do you think it will be possible to multiboot a factory ROM? There are certain apps that do not work on rooted ROMs......even if I remove root the app still States that its rooted......I gave a little donation yesterday just to say great work!

No, and I don't really plan doing that. But, if you really, really need to install factory image, do following (and read all steps first, if you do it correctly, you won't loose any data.
1. Backup your current rom
Go to recovery and backup system and boot partitions. You need only these two, but you can backup data too, if you really want.

2. Flash factory image
Now, you'll flash only the "system" and "boot" partitions, so that your "data" will not be erased.
Download the factory images. It contains one ZIP file. Extract files "boot.img" and "system.img" from that file.
Reboot to bootloader, and flash boot.img and system.img via fastboot. You do _not_ need to erase any other partition than system.
Code:
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
3. Go to your recovery again
Reboot to recovery immediately. Do not let Android boot up. Use vol up/down keys to select recovery mode in bootloader and power to confirm

4. Create backup of factory rom's system and boot
Create backup of "system" and "boot" partition. Now you _have_ to backup only these two. This backup contains the factory ROM.

5. Add this backup to MultiROM
Still in recovery, go to Advanced->MultiROM->Add ROM, select what you will on the first screen, and it will then let you choose between "ZIP file" and "Backup" . Tap on "Backup" and select backup from step 4.

6. Restore your main ROM
Now just restore your backup from step one as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minipot

Without sounding like some spoilt brat I want one!!!! (I moved from webos to android when webos died but webos is still one of my favourite OSs ever)

Could you tell us how u did it , also when installing multirom when/how do u flash the kezec hard boot kernel I don't get when I'm meant to do that

*sigh* do whatever you will: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B5...NDcGJtZmc/edit

These are just built images. They may not be built correctly. You can try to use howto at http://www.webos-ports.org/wiki/Testing_Nexus_7, it should work, but I did not test it. Don't ask me anything about them, as I will provide no support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawonder

Hope you'll continue to work on this i'll love to try it even as it is now .

No. At least not yet.
Last edited by Tasssadar; 3rd January 2013 at 09:54 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ]