[APP] CSC Changer

Search This thread

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
Hi everyone,

This is a simple (root) app I made to let you change your CSC on a number of firmwares across multiple Samsung devices. Simply push the button, and you will be sent to the list of CSC codes, where you can choose whatever CSC. Credits go to Perka, who thought of this and posted the method in this thread. I merely made an app to do it.

THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE, LIKE PERFORMING A FACTORY RESET. MAKE BACKUPS OF WHATEVER YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE.
The files on your SD Card will not be touched.

713396827.png

A slightly older version :p.

The app is attached, have fun :).

Last edited:

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
What is CSC? Did crDroid 10 uses this?

It is the country code that specifies what country you're in. Sometimes, it also specifies a carrier.
It is mostly used by Samsung apps to determine whether or not you can, for example, download an app from their store.

I think, though I could very well be wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Erup and jn83

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
SGS3 with Omega 37. Another user of the same ROM has just confirmed that he has managed to change from EUR to DBT. I used both this app and also CSC selector from market but none worked. Could it be that I have installed the latest bootloader (ELLA)? I don't have anything else different, or could it be that my country csc is not supported for change?

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
SGS3 with Omega 37. Another user of the same ROM has just confirmed that he has managed to change from EUR to DBT. I used both this app and also CSC selector from market but none worked. Could it be that I have installed the latest bootloader (ELLA)? I don't have anything else different, or could it be that my country csc is not supported for change?

Nah, changed is changed. Maybe it is the bootloader, but it should work on LLA... This should work normally. Maybe wipe and reflash?

ASG11

Oct 9, 2011
AW: [APP] CSC Changer

Do you use a different recovery than stock or version 5.5.?

I use Philz recovery and I can't change csc. After some search I found 2 ways:
flash this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1684535 -> change csc -> flash your favorite recovery again

Or

Change the csc before flashing your favorite rom (extract rom zip and copy/replace the correct files; repack the rom folder to a zip) -> I don't have the suitable link right now, so please search in xda for the right way.

S3 with OMEGA-Power

Last edited:

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
Do you use a different recovery than stock or version 5.5.?

I use Philz recovery and I can't change csc. After some search I found 2 ways:
flash this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1684535 -> change csc -> flash your favorite recovery again

Or

Change the csc before flashing your favorite rom (extract rom zip and copy/replace the correct files; repack the rom folder to a zip) -> I don't have the suitable link right now, so please search in xda for the right way.

S3 with OMEGA-Power

Didn't know about this, thanks for the addition :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

This is a simple (root) app I made to let you change your CSC on a number of firmwares across multiple Samsung devices. Simply push the button, and you will be sent to the list of CSC codes, where you can choose whatever CSC. Credits go to Perka, who thought of this and posted the method in this thread. I merely made an app to do it.

THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE, LIKE PERFORMING A FACTORY RESET. MAKE BACKUPS OF WHATEVER YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE.
    The files on your SD Card will not be touched.

713396827.png

A slightly older version :p.

The app is attached, have fun :).
    What is CSC? Did crDroid 10 uses this?

It is the country code that specifies what country you're in. Sometimes, it also specifies a carrier.
    It is mostly used by Samsung apps to determine whether or not you can, for example, download an app from their store.

I think, though I could very well be wrong.