[PORT][d2tmo][ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] [LINARO] [JB 4.1.2] Dirty Unicorns V1.0

Search This thread

Dominicano2

Apr 23, 2009
Why do you need to know?
0qpQM.png

Hello this is Dominicano2 the newest member of Team Inferno today. I would like to present you my second port Dirty Unicorns this in my opinion was a very interesting rom to me so I decided to port it over for SGH-T999 users who were interested in trying it. Without further a due I present to you Dirty Unicorns!

Also I will always post the latest update in this thread!

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Although this is based on the AOKP source, I've spend countless hours applying fixes, tweaks and a handful of modifications that were not included in AOKP's source. If and when you are
granted permission to use this ROM either as a base or to port it to another device, I expect general developer courtesy and my name along with everyone found under credits/thanks in your credits/thanks section.

h2N4U.jpg

fTatL.png

Like all my threads, I want to give credit and thank you for those that help me along the way and make these ROMs/MODs and everything I do possible!

Google | AOKP Team | Cyanogen | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | MikeC84 | Tommytomatoe | Lloir | Sammyycakes

iBlowpot | DigitalKarma | thedawn2009 | qnhoang81 | rohan32 | PapaSmurf151

- All of Team D.I.R.T and everyone that supports us!
- Dominicano2 for porting over this ROM
- Team Inferno for inspiring me
* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

YPOeO.png

-https://github.com/mazdarider23/android_kernel_samsung_d2

nhpEe.png

- Wipe EVERYTHING
- Download the ROM using WiFi
- Move the ROM zip to the sdcard
- Flash it and ENJOY

xo1mJ.png

- Camera is not 100 percent (some report is great, some way otherwise....will look into this issue)

z3pZ1.png

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Dirty Unicorns 1.0 1/10/13[/COLOR]
- Initial release

JdViB.png

- All the features that are included in AOKP's latest 4.1.2 ROM
- Build from source
- Native Facebook sync
- 23 different types of batteries to choose from
- Transparent Lockscreen option
- Option to align clock/weather/battery stats in lockscreen
- Compiled with 4.7-2012.11-1-2012 Linaro toolchain (will optimize with -ofast in next release)
- Stationary lock button to the right of settings in pulldown
- Statusbar Transparency option
- 4 different launchers to choose from
- Apollo music player
- CMFileManager
- Evervolv's EVWidgets
- Android 4.2 Deskclock/Camera/Gallery
- Much more.....

4OSPA.png

-http://d-h.st/4qa
-http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING....PLEASE READ THIS!!

PLEASE be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! If you wish to donate, that's on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your name/username anywhere....just not my style! Also please don't ask for ETA's or expect updates based on other things i.e someone fixed this or whatever the case may be! :)

ENJOY!!!

3W4Dz.png

Motorola Launcher and Clock Widget from the Razr M
QyDBc.jpg

Download Link
MD5: 606cafd912e3335032c39e268fc751c9
Full credit to olm3ca for the RAZR M System Dump :good:

ToFVR.png

erD7T.png

Download Link

FAQlogo.png

Q - WHAT IN THE WORLD is Linaro?
A - I could go on and on about what Linaro is and bore the masses with facts and this and that BUT I won't!
Basically, linaro is just improvements done to the kernel and the ROM. These improvements are done by optimizing the GNU compiler collection (GCC) toolchain, the kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.

Q - What is Linaro going to do to this ROM?
A - Well it will do a few things to the ROM but one thing it won't do is, it won't increase the performance by 200 percent like you first heard when Linaro came out! It will indeed make things snappier. You will notice apps opening up a bit faster and in some cases, it will make a few of them run smoother. You will also see an increase in benchmarks (useless but fun to show off...lol) compare to a ROM not optimized by linaro by overclocking your device but I would recommend you not do this as this will also cause your battery to drain.

Q - I flashed the ROM and now I have an issue, what should I do?
A - Don't freak out! Pull a logcat and paste it on to pastebin and provide me a link in the thread to it. Along with the logcat, please provide me with as much information as possible. Things that you would think could help me fix this issue.....i.e what kernel you're running, what happened, what did you prior to the bug/issue.

Q - How do I pull a logcat?
A - Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1726238

Q - Do I have to wipe before flashing??
A - YES, even if you're coming from a previous version of this ROM. By doing a full wipe each time, it not only avoids any issues that come from not wiping BUT if you report an issue, I then know that is a legit problem and not because of lack of wiping.

Q - I see (Insert developer name) has fixed this or has added this feature, are you going to do the same?
A - NO! No disrespect to that developer but I have not and will not keep up with what other developers are doing. I will work and update this thread at my own pace.

Last edited:

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Jelly bomb is great so I'm sure this will be as well.. Thanks for your work..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Good stuff bro, may I ask where can I get that linaro tool chain you are using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Reactions: Dominicano2

em2drvr03

Aug 11, 2009
Having problems with the camera...where can I get the older 4.1 cam?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0qpQM.png

Hello this is Dominicano2 the newest member of Team Inferno today. I would like to present you my second port Dirty Unicorns this in my opinion was a very interesting rom to me so I decided to port it over for SGH-T999 users who were interested in trying it. Without further a due I present to you Dirty Unicorns!

Also I will always post the latest update in this thread!

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Although this is based on the AOKP source, I've spend countless hours applying fixes, tweaks and a handful of modifications that were not included in AOKP's source. If and when you are
    granted permission to use this ROM either as a base or to port it to another device, I expect general developer courtesy and my name along with everyone found under credits/thanks in your credits/thanks section.

h2N4U.jpg

fTatL.png

Like all my threads, I want to give credit and thank you for those that help me along the way and make these ROMs/MODs and everything I do possible!

Google | AOKP Team | Cyanogen | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | MikeC84 | Tommytomatoe | Lloir | Sammyycakes

iBlowpot | DigitalKarma | thedawn2009 | qnhoang81 | rohan32 | PapaSmurf151

- All of Team D.I.R.T and everyone that supports us!
    - Dominicano2 for porting over this ROM
    - Team Inferno for inspiring me
    * If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

YPOeO.png

-https://github.com/mazdarider23/android_kernel_samsung_d2

nhpEe.png

- Wipe EVERYTHING
    - Download the ROM using WiFi
    - Move the ROM zip to the sdcard
    - Flash it and ENJOY

xo1mJ.png

- Camera is not 100 percent (some report is great, some way otherwise....will look into this issue)

z3pZ1.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]Dirty Unicorns 1.0 1/10/13[/COLOR]
    - Initial release

JdViB.png

- All the features that are included in AOKP's latest 4.1.2 ROM
    - Build from source
    - Native Facebook sync
    - 23 different types of batteries to choose from
    - Transparent Lockscreen option
    - Option to align clock/weather/battery stats in lockscreen
    - Compiled with 4.7-2012.11-1-2012 Linaro toolchain (will optimize with -ofast in next release)
    - Stationary lock button to the right of settings in pulldown
    - Statusbar Transparency option
    - 4 different launchers to choose from
    - Apollo music player
    - CMFileManager
    - Evervolv's EVWidgets
    - Android 4.2 Deskclock/Camera/Gallery
    - Much more.....

4OSPA.png

-http://d-h.st/4qa
    -http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING....PLEASE READ THIS!!

PLEASE be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! If you wish to donate, that's on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your name/username anywhere....just not my style! Also please don't ask for ETA's or expect updates based on other things i.e someone fixed this or whatever the case may be! :)

ENJOY!!!

3W4Dz.png

Motorola Launcher and Clock Widget from the Razr M
    QyDBc.jpg

Download Link
    MD5: 606cafd912e3335032c39e268fc751c9
    Full credit to olm3ca for the RAZR M System Dump :good:

ToFVR.png

erD7T.png

Download Link

FAQlogo.png

Q - WHAT IN THE WORLD is Linaro?
    A - I could go on and on about what Linaro is and bore the masses with facts and this and that BUT I won't!
    Basically, linaro is just improvements done to the kernel and the ROM. These improvements are done by optimizing the GNU compiler collection (GCC) toolchain, the kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.

Q - What is Linaro going to do to this ROM?
    A - Well it will do a few things to the ROM but one thing it won't do is, it won't increase the performance by 200 percent like you first heard when Linaro came out! It will indeed make things snappier. You will notice apps opening up a bit faster and in some cases, it will make a few of them run smoother. You will also see an increase in benchmarks (useless but fun to show off...lol) compare to a ROM not optimized by linaro by overclocking your device but I would recommend you not do this as this will also cause your battery to drain.

Q - I flashed the ROM and now I have an issue, what should I do?
    A - Don't freak out! Pull a logcat and paste it on to pastebin and provide me a link in the thread to it. Along with the logcat, please provide me with as much information as possible. Things that you would think could help me fix this issue.....i.e what kernel you're running, what happened, what did you prior to the bug/issue.

Q - How do I pull a logcat?
    A - Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1726238

Q - Do I have to wipe before flashing??
    A - YES, even if you're coming from a previous version of this ROM. By doing a full wipe each time, it not only avoids any issues that come from not wiping BUT if you report an issue, I then know that is a legit problem and not because of lack of wiping.

Q - I see (Insert developer name) has fixed this or has added this feature, are you going to do the same?
    A - NO! No disrespect to that developer but I have not and will not keep up with what other developers are doing. I will work and update this thread at my own pace.
    First

Mine just in case
    Second

reserved just in case I need it
    Here you go!

http://releases.linaro.org/12.11/co...12.11-1-2012-11-16_21-55-58-linux-x86.tar.bz2

That's the Linaro toolchain that I used to compile the ROM originally with :)

Thanks Mazda
    Good stuff bro, may I ask where can I get that linaro tool chain you are using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Here you go!

http://releases.linaro.org/12.11/co...12.11-1-2012-11-16_21-55-58-linux-x86.tar.bz2

That's the Linaro toolchain that I used to compile the ROM originally with :)