[APP] Check Fus 2.0 - The firmware checker. Make you are up to date!

Search This thread

kulo

Nov 24, 2008
REWORKED! :laugh:

Attachments

• checkfus.png
    checkfus.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 657

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Wow! Have you changed anything or does it work again?

FYI, I'm working on a new version. But due to holidays and exams the work is going a bit slow. Stay tuned, more info will come in 2013 :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Nope... it still not working...
Don't know what the other guy did...

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
The stock firmware I have is not included in your tool.
In fact my whole carrier is not listed:

drei.at (samsung code DRE) in Austria
I also could not find it on firmware download sites such as http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-N7100&pcode=0&os=1&type=1#firmware and http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7100.

Here is my firmare data:

AP: N7100XXALIJ
CP: N7100NEALIA
CSC: N7100DREALI6

I'd like to get a copy of it or create one so I can flash back to stock for my carrier when I require warranty services.
The firmware currently installed is rather bad when it comes to battery life and I'd like to try other more recent stock roms.

Is there ANY way to get the stock firmware for my device GT-N7100 and carrier drei?
I'd even create an odin firmware myself from my own device if this is possible and someone told me how (I've seen instructions on that for other samsung devices, but not the note II).

Thanx in advance!

cmpnetman

Jul 31, 2010
New version? That's exciting !

FYI, I'm working on a new version. But due to holidays and exams the work is going a bit slow. Stay tuned, more info will come in 2013 :)

First of all, thanks for developing the nifty Check Fus Downloader. Unfortunatly, it doesnt work anymore. It keeps throwing this error:
"Product Code: GT-I9100LKAXSG
No firmware info retrieved for given data."

I'm excited to learn that you are working on a newer version and I can't wait to get it working once again.

Any anticipated release date?

Hironimo

Jan 17, 2009
maybe with your devices S/N... you can try it with samsung kies -> Werkzeuge -> Firmware-Aktualisierung und Initialisierung

When I enter serial number and model there it tells "Please check the model name and enter it." (the serial number is correct i think since if I enter something else it tells me it is not correct)
When I connect the device it tells me "Your devices's current firmware version is not suppoprted to update firmware via Kies."
or "'GT-N7100' does not support initializing."

Can you tell me if I void my warranty if I flash other official samsung firmware, except that it is not coming from my carrier?
so any open ones here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7100

If i understand correctly the sim-lock will still remain intact even if I flash an open one, right?

arris69

Mar 14, 2011
When I enter serial number and model there it tells "Please check the model name and enter it." (the serial number is correct i think since if I enter something else it tells me it is not correct)
When I connect the device it tells me "Your devices's current firmware version is not suppoprted to update firmware via Kies."
or "'GT-N7100' does not support initializing."
with latest kies version?
Can you tell me if I void my warranty if I flash other official samsung firmware, except that it is not coming from my carrier?
so any open ones here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7100
depends on service shop, warranty is for the hardware not for the software... but i don't like to philosophie here...
the first thing on all my samsung phones was to install DBT, unbranded firmware :highfive:
If i understand correctly the sim-lock will still remain intact even if I flash an open one, right?
have just from one carrier simcards, so never checked.

rbeede

Jun 7, 2010
www.rodneybeede.com
I have a GT-P3113 (Wi-FI + IR) (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0") and Kies downloaded this official firmware ROM which I copied:

GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip.enc2
810,329,744 bytes

From the Kies HTTP communication XML I pulled the Hidswver:
P3113UEBLH3/P3113XARBLH3/P3113UEBLH3/P3113UEBLH3

How could I obtain the Product Code?

How can I decrypt the ROM zip?

I tried Checkfus 2.1 with both the Standard and Advanced tab without success.

Does anyone know the encryption method used and where I should be extracting the key from?

Reactions: jgaviota

arris69

Mar 14, 2011
I have a GT-P3113 (Wi-FI + IR) (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0") and Kies downloaded this official firmware ROM which I copied:

GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip.enc2
810,329,744 bytes

From the Kies HTTP communication XML I pulled the Hidswver:
P3113UEBLH3/P3113XARBLH3/P3113UEBLH3/P3113UEBLH3

How could I obtain the Product Code?

How can I decrypt the ROM zip?

I tried Checkfus 2.1 with both the Standard and Advanced tab without success.

Does anyone know the encryption method used and where I should be extracting the key from?
maybe: http://android.zsolttech.com/index....13UEBLH3/P3113XARBLH3/P3113UEBLH3/P3113UEBLH3

Reactions: jgaviota

rbeede

Jun 7, 2010
www.rodneybeede.com
I tried the given openssl command:
openssl aes-128-ecb -d -in GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip.enc2 -out GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip -K 1cf7a7f50d1c235e8a69c3c943d753d6 -iv 00

I get the following error though:
bad decrypt
2712:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:ev
p_enc.c:539:

I'm guessing the encryption method or key generator has been changed.

I did try another trick which was to have Kies start the firmware update to the device. Kies decrypted the file and unzipped it into a temporary folder so before the update finished (and deleted the decrypted files) I copied them.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: howipig

arris69

Mar 14, 2011
I tried the given openssl command:
openssl aes-128-ecb -d -in GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip.enc2 -out GT-P3113_XAR_1_20121130173054_jijx7y87r9.zip -K 1cf7a7f50d1c235e8a69c3c943d753d6 -iv 00

I get the following error though:
bad decrypt
2712:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:ev
p_enc.c:539:

I'm guessing the encryption method or key generator has been changed.

I did try another trick which was to have Kies start the firmware update to the device. Kies decrypted the file and unzipped it into a temporary folder so before the update finished (and deleted the decrypted files) I copied them.

Thanks for the help!
np, but it's nothing changed. just the correct version of this firmware is: P3113UECLK7/P3113XARCLK7/P3113UECLK7/P3113UECLK7 ;)

regards
arris

rbeede

Jun 7, 2010
www.rodneybeede.com
Sweet that worked! It's nice to not have to use Kies (which crashed multiple times anyway).

Out of curiosity how did you get the correct Hidswver for the firmware? I am curious on how each component PDA/CSC/Phone/PDA is determined for a firmware version.

I'm also curious as to how the android.zsolttech.com site converts the Hidswver into the key. Did someone just reverse engineer Kies to figure this out? Is there source code for this anywhere?

arris69

Mar 14, 2011
Sweet that worked! It's nice to not have to use Kies (which crashed multiple times anyway).

Out of curiosity how did you get the correct Hidswver for the firmware?
from network dump
I am curious on how each component PDA/CSC/Phone/PDA is determined for a firmware version.
think this is made by samsung, some alphabetical date/release nr. code, not sure about. was never required...
I'm also curious as to how the android.zsolttech.com site converts the Hidswver into the key. Did someone just reverse engineer Kies to figure this out?
can't exactly remember, but if it's not from source of slyfer then an old version of kies let attach the debugger :D
Is there source code for this anywhere?

not as long there is no answer to this:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35489289&postcount=420
:victory:

hth
arris

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
How can I download the latest enc2 file for my phone? Do I use Kies?
I just want to download it and save a copy without installing or risking installing it :D

arris69 with your suggestion I could decode some old firmwares that I had downloaded with checkfus and that it couldn't.
I still have one, but I didn't save the Hidswver :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

LuffarJoh

May 10, 2007
Hey. I'm working on a new version of CheckFus Downloader. :)

I have all things working, just need to get the time to wrap things together. The new version will be somewhat limited compared to the current, but at least it will work.

Just hang in there a week or two, I have a lot of school atm. :)

Meanwhile you can use SamMobile.com to download and check for newer versions.

Gix

Aug 13, 2007
Hi, I've just remembered a problem with your application (when it worked). It could not process very large files, like new JB firmwares for tablets (like P3110). I downloaded them using the command line version. I hope you will fix this in the future version. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have made a little tool to check if there's any new firmwares on the FUS servers. No more need of starting Kies to check for new firmware!

* Automatically checks for new firmware update! (Pro only)
    * Notifies the user with signal and vibration if a new firmware is released. (Pro only)
    * Finds your "Product Code" and "HIDSWVER"
    * Use custom or presets of "Product Code" and "HIDSWVER"
    * Send the output by email
    * No ads (Pro Only)
    * Check multiple regions automatically (Pro Only).
    * Check multiple regions on one click (Pro Only).
    * If you want me to add any presets to the list, just PM me and I'll add them.

If you have any suggestion on what to improve, just let me know!

You can find me on IRC in #project-voodoo on freenode if you want to chat.

You can find it on the market:
    img.php

Direct market link: Check Fus Pro

img.php

Direct market link: Check Fus

Supported models:
    Should work on any Samsung Device running Android

How to find correct Product Code, PDA, CSC and Phone.

From you device.
    dial *#1234# and you will get pda, phone and csc.

Product code
    *2767*4387264636#

Or

Product Code is connected to you region and/or carrier.
    The easiest way is to take a look in the list on this page to find out which one you should have.
    Let me then know your setup and I'll add it to the presets!

If you have the FUS-link the file looks like this
    GT-I9000_I9000XXJPO_I9000OXAJPO_I9000XXJPP_I9000XXJPO_XX_XEU.zip.enc

Taken from SamsungFUSnews twitter
    Model: GT-I9000 | Code: XEU | Version: I9000XXJPO/I9000OXAJPO/I9000XXJPP | Date: 29.10.2010 16:23 | Size: 168,81 MB | ID: 2695763114

ProductCode: GT-I9000HKDXEU
    PDA: I9000XXJPO
    PHONE: I9000XXJPP
    CSC: I9000OXAJPO

Webbased checkFus
    http://fus.nanzen.se/

Instruction on how to decrypt
    .. can be found here

If you find this application useful, please consider a small donation at fus.nanzen.se to show you appreciation.
    I'm doing this on my free time, which I don have a lot of at the moment. Please respect that.

Even though SamMobile still can dowload doesn't mean that their solution is suited for the Downloader.
    Please let me work out a good solution before I release an update.

No need to fight over this. The files are still available somewhere. Be glad that it didn't stop completely...
    Hey. I'm working on a new version of CheckFus Downloader. :)

I have all things working, just need to get the time to wrap things together. The new version will be somewhat limited compared to the current, but at least it will work.

Just hang in there a week or two, I have a lot of school atm. :)

Meanwhile you can use SamMobile.com to download and check for newer versions.

Sv: [APP] Check Fus 2.0 - The firmware checker. Make you are up to date!

Hi,

Yes, I've started working the new version. It will only be the Downloader at first. Progress is slow but ongoing.