S3 Touchwiz UX Flashable Zip

Search This thread

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
Hi do not intend to take credit for this, but I as I was searching for Touchwiz UX for the Nexus 4, I came along this post. This is the Touchwiz UX ported from the s3 and resized for the Galaxy Nexus. Knowing the risk, I flashed a zip and noticed that everything was working fine for the Nexus 4. Please understand that I am not responsible for any bricks. Thank you and Enjoy

I already tested it and it is working. My experience may be different from yours.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669190

Credits: madphone

* I would not recommend flashing the add on 1.3.3. The add-on will theme over the stock android and is not fully functional for Nexus 4 resolution

Last edited:
M

MarcPlusTwo

Is there the risk of hard bricking my device?
Or is it safe to go with a nandroid backup?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

nuclearmonkeyuk

Mar 3, 2011
Coventry
Hi do not intend to take credit for this, but I as I was searching for Touchwiz UX for the Nexus 4, I came along this post. This is the Touchwiz UX ported from the s3 and resized for the Galaxy Nexus. Knowing the risk, I flashed a zip and noticed that everything was working fine for the Nexus 4. Please understand that I am not responsible for any bricks. Thank you and Enjoy

I already tested it and it is working. My experience may be different from yours.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669190

Credits: madphone

* I would not recommend flashing the add on 1.3.3. The add-on will theme over the stock android and is not fully functional for Nexus 4 resolution

What about 1.3.1?

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
Not sure

What about 1.3.1?

I did not try 1.3.1 but I am pretty sure it will theme over. The only problem with the theme is that if you slide the status bar down, the date and time are black out and the samsung theme does not look very good with the stock look. You can try it. According to the post, once you flash the add on you can revert back to stock by flashing the stock theme that will be created during the process of flashing the add on.

yogeshmha

Sep 2, 2011
Mumbai
That's great.but personally I would rather have had S3 than nexus 4 :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
Why would you even want touchwiz?
I also have a GS3 and TW is a laggy, bloated piece of junk covering a sleek, efficient interface.....
Can't believe I spent almost twice the amount of my N4 on the GS3 - my N4 is my weapon of choice....the GS3 is ”pretty" according to my girlfriend.
Nuff said.....but each to his/her own.

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
Haha I got my gs3 for twenty bucks. So I didn't really complain about it but yeah it does lagg on s3 but not on nexus:)

james300

Mar 12, 2012
I did not try 1.3.1 but I am pretty sure it will theme over. The only problem with the theme is that if you slide the status bar down, the date and time are black out and the samsung theme does not look very good with the stock look. You can try it. According to the post, once you flash the add on you can revert back to stock by flashing the stock theme that will be created during the process of flashing the add on.
i install 1.3.1 and everything is working and i get this on status bar
Screenshot_2013-02-02-00-48-38.jpg

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
Reactions: X0LARIUM

X0LARIUM

Jan 30, 2013
Mumbai
techtroniq.wordpress.com
I couldn't find the original one but I made a mirror. So here is the link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq4y82ec0infb3o/TW5Launcher - N7&GN.zip

Flash this and you should be fine. I would suggest running lagfix fstrim to increase fluidity and smoothness

What's lagfix fstrim?? Thanks a ton for the link BTW...

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

era5y7yd.jpg

Looks fantastic!! Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Linsanity

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
lag Fix just clears things up a bit and I've really noticed the difference after using it with touchwiz

Linsanity

Apr 3, 2012
Nice

What's lagfix fstrim?? Thanks a ton for the link BTW...

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

era5y7yd.jpg

Looks fantastic!! Thanks a lot!

That is like the exact same homescreen, and same wallpaper lol

hitokiri.pr

Nov 23, 2010
Oh my... Poor little Nexus 4. What have they done to you... LOL Just kidding. I love the flexibility that our Nexus gives us. I'm glad for all you who like Cheeze Whiz, I mean, Touchwiz :p. Jokes aside, thanks for sharing!

Top Liked Posts