NeatRom + Siyah Kernal. Optimization for Better Battery

Search This thread

electricsheepdreamer

Oct 18, 2012
no mate!
you have same 7 hour 8 min screen on!!!!!but you are using wifi!!
i have more than 7 hours( mor than 7hours 11min)screen one with data connection E( GPRS ) gprs i get more battery life than wifi!!!
i dont have wifi now!!
i think in wifi i have much beter battery life and screen on!
check my screen shots again!
thanks
goodluck!

Hi mate,
I can see that you're an enthusiast so allow me just to point you to droidphie's guide, really fine piece of information and good starting point for anyone, no matter if you'll just use your phone or start to develop.
Droidphile's guide
What I meant before is marked with yellow arrows. It shows that your data connection was off so you saved power on radio connection, meaning no 1,2,3 G was on at the time. Which is good if you want to save battery and have no need for a data connection, (like when you go to sleep and don't want to be bothered) but it is not very grateful in terms of battery testing in general.
attachment.php.jpg
But all in all, it is a great result and minute here and there is not that important.
Keep on a good work.
Regards.

electricsheepdreamer

Oct 18, 2012
No no!
2G data network always use more battery thqn wifi. I think it consume about 30-40% more battery than wifi.

Well, I'll just quote Droidphile here since I have no better source of information but I believe he is right when he says:

Q. "What're the approximate power consumptions by the device peripherals & activities?"
A.

AMOLED Display: Average - 370mW. Full white background, 1% brightness - 450mW. Full white background, 100% brightness - 960mW. So roughly every percentage of brightness increased accounts to additional 5.2mW. (Now we know why using dark wallpapers and reducing brightness is so important than undervolting).
Illuminated button - 40mW
Led lamp next to camera - 1.3W
Camera - 700mW
Bluetooth and GPS - 110 to 180mW (Really?!)
2G to 3G switching - 800mW for 8 seconds. (This is no h/w component, but we should know)
CPU 1.4 Ghz full load, 100% brightness - 4W+
CPU 1.4 Ghz average - 3.2W
CPU 1.6 Ghz full load - 5.9W (Forget Ocing to 1600mhz)
BLN - 200mW during suspend state opposed to deep sleep 8mW without BLN.
Wifi download - 1.51W
2G download - 1.598W
2G upload - 853mW
3G download - 1.603W
3G upload - 2.136W (Stay away from uploading your videos to youtube via 3G)

You can check the link in the previous post for the whole guide.
BTW, I saw a guy thanked all his posts and wrote him a gratitude letter, I might just do the same now I have XDA premium app:)
Regards.

kamiar1

Mar 20, 2012
sardasht-IRAN
Thanks for you great information. But there must be something wrong, I always have more battery usage in 2G than wifi... maybe in 2G something else works in background or something like that.

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
Thanks for you great information. But there must be something wrong, I always have more battery usage in 2G than wifi... maybe in 2G something else works in background or something like that.

And this is in general in line what ESD quoted :) You mostly downloading data than uploading, don't you? If this is true, as ESD wrote, "2G download" drains a little more battery than "WiFi download" (maybe not as much as you experienced but generally more)

Last edited:
Reactions: _Sale_ and kamiar1

electricsheepdreamer

Oct 18, 2012
And this is in general in line what ESD quoted :) You mostly downloading data than uploading, don't you? If this is true, as ESD wrote, "2G download" drains a little more battery than "WiFi download" (maybe not as much as you experienced but generally more)

That's right Many, and also if you restrict background data when on 2G it will wait until you're on WiFi, I guess.
But anyways, WiFi is faster so it means less time needed for accomplishing the same amount of traffic.
BTW, speaking of battery savings in general, using black background with white icons and theme (such as Crussader's one) and then applying low screen filter gives me the best result without compromising performance. I mean as long as you use the phone for browsing, reading, listening to music and such tasks. And there are inverted apps as well because the screen is the drainer #1.

Reactions: bobdoblo

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
Battery friendly config Neatrom 4.X + Siyah6.0 beta4 ver 1.02

After some time spent on testing and collecting workable tweaks, I'm posting here my battery friendly config for NeatromLite4.0 JB and new Siyah 6.0 beta 4. Altough I usually don't release my configs for any kernel's beta versions, I decided to make an exception from the rule. The reason is, that it's rather not realistic to get final version of Siyah kernel in near future.

Remember, this setup for sure is not recommended for those who don't care about their battery life, prefering taking advantage from all possible features of their smartphone. Then, there are also some disadvantages of this, they should consider charging their batteries more often (even a few times a day) or buy a spare one.
This setup I think is reasonable for those who like first of all longer battery life with sufficient/acceptable performance for daily use.

If you find something usefull for your setup here, don't hesitate to hit THANKS button.

HERE YOU ARE - MY BATTERY FRIENDLY CONFIG:

DISCLAIMER:

1. Everybody can try it but not necessarily it will work for everybody like it works for me.
2. Remember that our phones' hardware is not 100% identical.
3. Make nandroid backup before trying this
4. If any tweak causes freezes, restore your nandroid backup.

Changelog:
Code:
[B]Version 1.01:[/B]
- Replaced "Stweaks_Siyah6b4_Many40.zip" archive with "Stweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip"
flashable file. Now it's no need to replace STweaks profile manually
- Added all scripts+Stweaks profile in one file
 (Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip)
- Added restorer file (Restorer_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip)
[B]Version 1.02:[/B]
- adjusted pegasusq governor's parameters to scale less often to higher frequencies
- updated rom's settings (among other things added Greenify app support to hibernate some user apps) - thanks to bobdoblo who
convienced me to use it.

My config is as follows:

- Battery: 1650mAh (results are attached at the end of this post)
- Rom: NeatromLite 4.0 XXLSJ / 4.2 XWLS8 + - big thanks to Salesale
- Kernel: Siyah6.0 beta 4 - big thanks to Gokhanmoral

1. KERNEL TWEAKS:
It is possible to flash single tweaks separately (description below) or all of them at once by flashing attached "Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery.

A. STweaks settings: in attached Stweaks_Siyah6b4_Many40.zip (unzip the file and put it to /data/.siyah folder) - inspired by Droidphille's great thread
- CPU UC/UV , made by STweaks:

Code:
[B]MHz/mV:[/B]
100/825
200/825
300/850
400/875
500/950
600/950
700/975
800/1000
900/1025
1000/1075

- GPU FREQ/VOLTAGE steps/levels by STweaks (VPLL MODE: OFF):

Code:
Step/level 1: 54MHz (800mV)
Step/level 2: 66MHz (800mV)
Step/level 3: 108MHz (800mV)
Step/level 4: 160MHz (850mV)
Step/level 5: 267MHz (950mV)
- ARCH POWER: ON - in current ver. of kernel is set ON by default.

- SCHED_MC: OFF(when CPU Legacy Hotplug is set to ON then hotplugging does load balancing already by taking care of thresholds, run queues, process priorities etc) - by STweaks - big thanks to Droidphile for his objective explanation.

- SMOOTH_SCALING: OFF (when "freq_step" is set as one of the pegasusq parameters, it senseless to keep smooth_scaling ON, as they do the same) - by STweaks.

- Brightness Response Curve settings by STweaks - they are very important for battery life. However if you feel your screen is too dark (adjust them in the app)

- As well many other settings contained in STweaks profile file.

B. Pegasusq governor tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Pegasusq_sio_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - inspired by Droidphille:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
su
sleep 45
echo "90" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/up_threshold
echo "80" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/up_threshold_at_min_freq
echo "60000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/sampling_rate
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/sampling_down_factor
echo "5" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/down_differential
echo "20" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_step
echo "100000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_for_responsiveness
echo "15" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/cpu_up_rate
echo "15" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/cpu_down_rate
echo "400000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_1_1
echo "300000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_2_0
echo "350" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_rq_1_1
echo "200" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_rq_2_0
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/ignore_nice_load
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/io_is_busy
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/max_cpu_lock
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_lock
echo "sio" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
C. Sio I/O scheduler (in my opinion performs well for our flash drives) set by init.d script above (together with pegasusq governor). If you prefer other schedulers you can also try "row" or "noop" (by editing the script).

D. Touch frequency limited from 500MHz to 100MHz - by init.d script (flash attached "TouchFreq_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - big thanks to Tungstwenty for help with kmemhelper command:
Code:
/sbin/busybox sh
su
kmemhelper -n `grep "^$(cat /proc/kallsyms | grep ' mov_hysti$' | cut -c1-4).* level\." /proc/kallsyms | grep -o "level.*"` -t int 15

E. CFS tweak: Thunderbolt: it sets specific multitasking behaviour of processor's scheduler (flash attached "CFStweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
Code:
/sbin/busybox sh
su
/res/uci.sh cfs-tweaks 2

F. VM tweak: virtual memory tweak for battery life (flash attached "VMtweak_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
Code:
/system/bin/sh
su
echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
echo "1000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs

Remarks:
- to revert back all kernel's tweaks - flash Restorer ZIP file from CWM recovery (Restorer_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip).
- to avoid long lasting "l2_hsic" wakelock - reboot phone after charging battery and don't disconnect USB cable when the screen is off (unlock it first).

2. ROM TWEAKS
- autorotation: OFF
- syncing: OFF
- removed (optionally frozen) some useless apps (according to individual needs - do it carefully, remove only if you know what you are doing).
This is my list of removed apps:

Picturea.jpgPictureb.jpgPicturec.jpgPictured.jpg

Here you can find very usefull guide by bobdoblo (which system apps are safe to remove) - Bobdoblo's Neatrom Super Lite

- hibernate with Greenify app frequently used user apps (the app will sugest them) to stop them from battery draining when not required. Don't "greenify" apps which use bacground functionalities like: alarms, instant messaging, push messages, widgets updates etc
- minimazing partial wakelocks/alarms by proper settings of different apps using BetterBatteryStatts, OS monitor and Gemini App Manager
I disabled autostart of some apps with Gemini App Manager using common sense of that what means - I didn't touch what I was not sure (especially GSF).
- dark coloured wallpapers
- limited number of widgets (auto update OFF or update frq decreased)
- wireless and networks / mobile networks / mobile networks / network mode - WCDMA only. If someone doesn't need very fast data transfer he can change it to GSM only (2G) - it drains less battery. However if possible I recommend to use WiFi instead of mobile data.
- turn ON WIFI or mobile data only when you need them, unless turn them OFF
- Fast Dormancy - ON (Only if your mobile network supports that). Following this GUIDE you will find out if your network supports FD or not. Shorter way to find out that is to check with BBS app if you have long wakelock "secril_fd-interface". If YES - disable FD in your phone.
- wireless and networks / mobile networks / mobile networks / network operators - chosen specific operator (no "automatic selection")
- power saving - OFF
- sound / system - all options OFF
- sound / vibration intensity > all sliders to MINIMUM
- display / touch key light duration - ALWAYS OFF
- display / screen timeout: 15sec.
- display / brightness - Manual/Minimum (if too dark as low as possible),
- date and time / Automatic date and time - OFF
- developer options / Windows animation scale - Animation is OFF (it will disable CRT ON/OFF effects)
- developer options / Transition animation scale - Animation is OFF
- motion / motion activation - OFF

Also pls see attached screenshots of my battery statistics and CPU history from the test.
Remark: I used my phone not so much intesively (mobile data/browsing on xda with XDA Premium app/internet, some usege of sms, phone calls etc):

A. General results:(made on version 1.00)

Battery 1650mAh:
- On battery time (100% - 3%): 2d 1h 5min
- Screen on time: 6h 15min
- Voice calls: 1h 29sec

B. Samsung built-in Battery monitor:

Picture4.jpgPicture5.jpg

C. GSam Battery Monitor Pro:

Picture7.jpgPicture8.jpg

D. Voltage Control Extreme (CPU history):

Picture6.jpg

Enjoy

PS If you have any remarks/suggestions how to improve it, please let me know.

Attachments

• CFStweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    143.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Pegasusq_sio_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    143.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Restorer_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    144 KB · Views: 116
  • Stweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    220.7 KB · Views: 152
  • TouchFreq_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    143.6 KB · Views: 108
  • VMtweak_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    143.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM_102.zip
    145.6 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

NoRulesForMe

Dec 12, 2012
Imus Cavite City
Thank you for this Many40
This is what you called SUPER SPECIAL :)

Can i flash all of this at the same time mate? just flash,flash,flash,flash,flash?
then reboot?...
after that i don't need to configure or change settings on STweaks or SetCPU(i don't have voltage control :( )??

Reactions: Many40

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
Thank you for this Many40
This is what you called SUPER SPECIAL :)

Can i flash all of this at the same time mate? just flash,flash,flash,flash,flash?
then reboot?...
after that i don't need to configure or change settings on STweaks or SetCPU(i don't have voltage control :( )??

Yes, you can flash all of them at once, ecxept STweaks profile which you need to extract and replace with the existing one (it's easier than doing everything manually). You don't need VC - it just served for me as CPU monitoring tool (you can use also CPU Spy or other app for that).
Regards

NoRulesForMe

Dec 12, 2012
Imus Cavite City
Yes, you can flash all of them at once, ecxept STweaks profile which you need to extract and replace with the existing one (it's easier than doing everything manually). You don't need VC - it just served for me as CPU monitoring tool (you can use also CPU Spy or other app for that).
Regards

I will flash it today the Siyah kernel again :) and try your Zip files and settings what to disable and off :)
is this ok? Procedure by TRB :good:
i'm from Jeboo 1.1d & neatrom lite
Reboot from Recovery CWM
Flash Rom Nuke 2.00
Flash NeatRom Lite
Flash Latest Philz Kernel 3.99 then Reboot and configure ROM 1st... then Recovery again
flash Siyah Kernel v6b4 Reboot...
Go to Recovery again Flash Aroma Mod 4.0.2 Reboot
Go to Recovery again Flash all the Zip file of yours :)
Wipe Cache,Dalvik set permission Reboot...

Copy the extracted zip.. the file to Sd card/android/data/ Siyah?
then disabled all what you disabled too and other need to be off :)
Install apk BBS,CPU Spy and GSAM battery monitor?

then It's all done?
when i did this is this correct mate?
sorry mate i can press thanks button anymore for today but i promise i press thanks button on your posts from siyah SPECIAL tom. :)
:highfive:

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
I will flash it today the Siyah kernel again :) and try your Zip files and settings what to disable and off :)
is this ok? Procedure by TRB :good:
i'm from Jeboo 1.1d & neatrom lite
Reboot from Recovery CWM
Flash Rom Nuke 2.00
Flash NeatRom Lite
Flash Latest Philz Kernel 3.99 then Reboot and configure ROM 1st... then Recovery again
flash Siyah Kernel v6b4 Reboot...
Go to Recovery again Flash Aroma Mod 4.0.2 Reboot
Go to Recovery again Flash all the Zip file of yours :)
Wipe Cache,Dalvik set permission Reboot...

Copy the extracted zip.. the file to Sd card/android/data/ Siyah?
then disabled all what you disabled too and other need to be off :)
Install apk BBS,CPU Spy and GSAM battery monitor?

then It's all done?
when i did this is this correct mate?
sorry mate i can press thanks button anymore for today but i promise i press thanks button on your posts from siyah SPECIAL tom. :)
:highfive:

Yep, good luck.

BTW be carefull of CPU / GPU undervolting settings - if you face freezes or random reboots just play a little with voltages by increasing them. You can always go to CWM recovery and choose option "Reset Stweaks profile" if any problems occur.

General rule - it's my stable setup - it doesn't mean will be for sure stable for you so you must find based on mine, your own setup. My config as you know is not a golden solution for everyone but starting point :)

NoRulesForMe

Dec 12, 2012
Imus Cavite City
Yep, good luck.

BTW be carefull of CPU / GPU undervolting settings - if you face freezes or random reboots just play a little with voltages by increasing them. You can always go to CWM recovery and choose option "Reset Stweaks profile" if any problems occur.

General rule - it's my stable setup - it doesn't mean will be for sure stable for you so you must find based on mine, your own setup. My config as you know is not a golden solution for everyone but starting point :)

CPU/GPU? i don't need to set that mate right?
just flash all your zips and it's all done?

and mate i remember that siyah doesn't save configuration when reboot...
so when i flash all your zips.. does it save still even i reboot or remove battery or off the phone or what?
does the setting of the zips is still there SAVE? no need to flash again every reboot or what?...

Mate i unzip the Stweaks.zip and there is a folder "Stweaks_siyah6b4_Many40" and there is a Default.profile there inside
do i just need to Copy the folder " "? to SDcard Android/Data then copy there or just the File inside it??
then it's done??

sorry many questions here mate :(

btw. i use Link2sd application to disable the apps that you disabled on your photoshot mate is that ok? and i choose Freeze
is Freeze and disabled is the same?

I'm done mate
I look at Stweaks application of mine
but the Governor there is ondemand? and the Cpu Max Freq. is 1200MHZ and CPU min Freq is 200Mhz..
do really don't need to move or click anything on Stweaks mate? just flash all your zips?
and how will i know that i'm on Pegasusq and Sio now mate? and where is Initial d script folder?

huhu so many question i have here in this post :( sorry Many40

Last edited:

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
CPU/GPU? i don't need to set that mate right? - it is included into STweaks profile. No need to set it up additionally by something else.
just flash all your zips and it's all done? Yes + profile + rom's tweaks and then it's done

and mate i remember that siyah doesn't save configuration when reboot... - it doesn't save only governor/scheduler what I fixed with the script. The rest from STweaks should be saved properly by the app.
so when i flash all your zips.. does it save still even i reboot or remove battery or off the phone or what? - Yes, after reboot all settings will be back again - if you face any problems with saving anything after boot, let me know
does the setting of the zips is still there SAVE? no need to flash again every reboot or what?... - No, zips copy to /etc/init.d folder my scripts which will stay there untill you delete them :)

Mate i unzip the Stweaks.zip and there is a folder "Stweaks_siyah6b4_Many40" and there is a Default.profile there inside
do i just need to Copy the folder " "? to SDcard Android/Data then copy there or just the File inside it??
then it's done?? - copy only the file - DON'T copy the folder

sorry many questions here mate :( - don't be sorry. There are no stupid questions, there can be only stupid answers :)

btw. i use Link2sd application to disable the apps that you disabled on your photoshot mate is that ok? and i choose Freeze
is Freeze and disabled is the same? - Yes, it's the same. You can use Samsung built-in Aplication Manager or any of 3rd party apps to do so.

I'm done mate
I look at Stweaks application of mine
but the Governor there is ondemand? and the Cpu Max Freq. is 1200MHZ and CPU min Freq is 200Mhz..
do really don't need to move or click anything on Stweaks mate? just flash all your zips?
and how will i know that i'm on Pegasusq and Sio now mate? and where is Initial d script folder? - initial STweaks profile is stored in "/data/.siyah" folder, named: "default.profile". My profile file has the same name, so just use Root explorer or other file manager with root access and copy my file to the folder what will overwrite the initial one.

huhu so many question i have here in this post :( sorry Many40

Wait half an hour please, busy currently. Later will update this post by answering you.

OK answered as promissed. :)

Last edited:

Parrillo

Apr 30, 2009
São Bernardo do Campo - SP
then it's done??

I think I can help you.

The correct path to copy the file "Default.profile" is:

/data/.siyah/
You can find this using Root Explorer or other File Manager (with root).

If I'm wrong Many40 can correct me.

I'll try this tweaks too.. Thank you Many40

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
I think I can help you.

The correct path to copy the file "Default.profile" is:

/data/.siyah/
You can find this using Root Explorer or other File Manager (with root).

If I'm wrong Many40 can correct me.

I'll try this tweaks too.. Thank you Many40

Thanks mate. Not gonna correct you coz you are right. I wrote this path also in my post.
Regards

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

how can i disable sync with NEATROMLITE 4?

"settings/accounts/google/" > tap on your account > uncheck all checboxes.

Make sure that on the bottom of the screen here: "settings/accounts/google/" is written "sync all" and not "cancel sync" -> you can also trigger this from the toggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Sale_ and Parrillo

chenrp

Oct 17, 2006
i dont have this:
"settings/accounts/google/" > tap on your account > uncheck all checboxes.

in settings, all the accounts are there. there is no way to turn all off. only individually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery friendly config Neatrom 4.X + Siyah6.0 beta5 ver 1.03

Here you are a next release of my battery friendly config. This time for NeatromLite4.X JB and new Siyah 6.0 beta 5. I had to update my previous config due to the fact that Gokhanmoral changed previous Siyah6.0 kernel (beta 4) significantly. The main changes he made which influence previous tweaks are:
    - limited number of frequency steps (from 16 to 6)
    - fixed bug related to not keeping after reboot (previously set in STweaks app) governor and I/O scheduler.

My battery results are a little worse than on Siyah6.0 beta4 (but still not so bad :)). This could be caused by following reasons:
    - IMO, having less frequency steps, a governor scales CPU less efficiently than with more steps
    - during battery test on the new kernel my average screen brightness level was Medium/90%, while before (for previous kernel) it was Dark/84%.

Now I'm gonna repeat again what I wrote last time:
    Remember, this setup for sure is not recommended for those who don't care about their battery life, preferring taking advantage from all possible features of their smartphone. Then, there are also some disadvantages of this, they should consider charging their batteries more often (even a few times a day) or buy a spare one.
    This setup I think is reasonable for those who like first of all longer battery life with sufficient/acceptable performance for daily use.

If you find something useful for your setup here, don't hesitate to hit THANKS button.

DISCLAIMER:

1. Everybody can try it but not necessarily it will work for everybody like it works for me.

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Replaced "Stweaks_Siyah6b5_Many40.zip" archive with "Stweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip"
    [B]Version 1.0.2:[/B]
     (Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip)
    - Added restorer file (Restorer_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip)
    - Added additional command into "pegasusqsio" script in order to keep
     "sio" I/O scheduler after reboot
    - Adjusted VM tweaks in "Writecache" script to less aggressive values.
     Previous ones were too laggy.
    [B]Version 1.03:[/B]
    - updated rom's settings (among other things added Greenify app support to hibernate some user apps) -  thanks to bobdoblo who convienced me to use it.

My config is as follows:

- Rom: NeatromLite 4.3 XWLSD (however tweaks are universal for all Neatroms 4.X) - big thanks to Salesale
    - Kernel: Siyah6.0 beta 5 - big thanks to Gokhanmoral

1. KERNEL TWEAKS:
    It is possible to flash single tweaks separately (description below) or all of them at once by flashing attached "Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery.

A. STweaks settings: in attached Stweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip (flash attached "Stweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - inspired by Droidphille's great thread
    Code:
    200/825
    500/950
    800/1000
    1000/1075

Code:

- SCHED_MC: OFF (when CPU Legacy Hotplug is set to ON then hotplugging does load balancing already by taking care of thresholds, run queues, process priorities etc) - by STweaks - big thanks to Droidphile for his objective explanation.

- SMOOTH_SCALING: OFF (when "freq_step" is set as one of the pegasusq parameters, it senseless to keep smooth_scaling ON, as they do the same) - by STweaks.

- Brightness Response Curve settings by STweaks - they are very important for battery life. However if you feel your screen is too dark (adjust them in the app)

B. Pegasusq governor tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Pegasusq_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - inspired by Droidphille:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su
    echo "200000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_for_responsiveness
    echo "800000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_1_1
    echo "500000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_2_0
    sleep 45
    C. Sio I/O scheduler (in my opinion performs well for our flash drives) set by init.d script from attached "Pegasusq_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip", together with pegasusq governor. If you prefer other schedulers you can also try "row" or "noop".

D. Touch frequency limited from 500MHz to 200MHz - by init.d script (flash attached "TouchFreq_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - big thanks to Tungstwenty for help with kmemhelper command:
    Code:
    /sbin/busybox sh
    su
    kmemhelper -n `grep "^$(cat /proc/kallsyms | grep ' mov_hysti$' | cut -c1-4).* level\." /proc/kallsyms | grep -o "level.*"` -t int 5

E. CFS tweak: Thunderbolt: it sets specific multitasking behaviour of processor's scheduler (flash attached "CFStweaks_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    /sbin/busybox sh
    su
    /res/uci.sh cfs-tweaks 2

F. VM tweak: virtual memory tweak for battery life (flash attached "VMtweak_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    /system/bin/sh
    su

Remarks:
    - to revert back all kernel's tweaks - flash Restorer ZIP file from CWM recovery (Restorer_Siyah6b5_CWM.zip).
    - to avoid long lasting "l2_hsic" wakelock - reboot phone after charging battery and don't disconnect USB cable when the screen is off (unlock it first).

2. ROM TWEAKS

- frozen (optionally removed) some useless system apps (according to individual needs - do it carefully, remove only if you know what you are doing).

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture3.jpgPicture4.jpg

Here you can find very usefull guide by bobdoblo (which system apps are safe to remove) - Bobdoblo's Neatrom Super Lite

- hibernate with Greenify app frequently used user apps (the app will sugest them) to stop them from battery draining when not required. Don't "greenify" apps which use bacground functionalities like: alarms, instant messaging, push messages, widgets updates etc
    - minimazing partial wakelocks/alarms by proper settings of different apps using BetterBatteryStatts, OS monitor and Gemini App Manager
    I disabled autostart of some apps with Gemini App Manager using common sense of that what means - I didn't touch what I was not sure (especially GSF).

- wireless and networks / mobile networks / mobile networks / network operators - chosen specific operator (no "automatic selection")
    - wireless and networks / mobile networks / mobile networks / network mode - WCDMA only. If someone doesn't need very fast data transfer he can change it to GSM only (2G) - it drains less battery. However if possible I recommend to use WiFi instead of mobile data.
    - Fast Dormancy - OFF (Turn on ONLY if your mobile network supports that). Following this GUIDE you will find out if your network supports FD or not. Shorter way to find out that is to check with BBS app if you have long wakelock "secril_fd-interface". If YES - disable FD in your phone.
    Remark: It seems that FD has less importance than on older roms because many people report that no matter whether mobile network supports FD or not, having it turned OFF - has no significant difference.
    Summary - turn it OFF and observe wakelocks, if nothing happens - keep it like that.

- power saving - OFF
    - sounds / system - all options OFF
    - developer options / Windows animation scale - Animation is OFF

Also pls see attached screenshots of my battery statistics from the test.
    Remark: I used my phone not so much intesively (mobile data/browsing on xda with Tapatalk app/internet, some usage of sms, a little bit of phone calls etc):

Battery 1650mAh:
    - On battery time (100% - 2%): 1d 8h
    - Voice calls: 15min
    - Most of the time when screen ON - mobile data ON (3G)
    - Average screen brightness - Medium: 90% time / 93% power

BBS1.jpgBBS2.jpg

GSam.jpg

Enjoy

PS If you have any remarks/suggestions how to improve it, please let me know
    Battery friendly config Neatrom 4.X + Siyah6.0 beta4 ver 1.02

After some time spent on testing and collecting workable tweaks, I'm posting here my battery friendly config for NeatromLite4.0 JB and new Siyah 6.0 beta 4. Altough I usually don't release my configs for any kernel's beta versions, I decided to make an exception from the rule. The reason is, that it's rather not realistic to get final version of Siyah kernel in near future.

Remember, this setup for sure is not recommended for those who don't care about their battery life, prefering taking advantage from all possible features of their smartphone. Then, there are also some disadvantages of this, they should consider charging their batteries more often (even a few times a day) or buy a spare one.

If you find something usefull for your setup here, don't hesitate to hit THANKS button.

DISCLAIMER:

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Replaced "Stweaks_Siyah6b4_Many40.zip" archive with "Stweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip"
     (Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip)
    - Added restorer file (Restorer_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip)
    [B]Version 1.02:[/B]
    - adjusted pegasusq governor's parameters to scale less often to higher frequencies
    - updated rom's settings (among other things added Greenify app support to hibernate some user apps) - thanks to bobdoblo who
    convienced me to use it.

My config is as follows:

- Rom: NeatromLite 4.0 XXLSJ / 4.2 XWLS8 + - big thanks to Salesale
    - Kernel: Siyah6.0 beta 4 - big thanks to Gokhanmoral

1. KERNEL TWEAKS:
    It is possible to flash single tweaks separately (description below) or all of them at once by flashing attached "Many40_Battery_tweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery.

A. STweaks settings: in attached Stweaks_Siyah6b4_Many40.zip (unzip the file and put it to /data/.siyah folder) - inspired by Droidphille's great thread

Code:
    100/825
    200/825
    300/850
    400/875
    500/950
    600/950
    700/975
    800/1000
    900/1025
    1000/1075

Code:

- SCHED_MC: OFF(when CPU Legacy Hotplug is set to ON then hotplugging does load balancing already by taking care of thresholds, run queues, process priorities etc) - by STweaks - big thanks to Droidphile for his objective explanation.

B. Pegasusq governor tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Pegasusq_sio_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - inspired by Droidphille:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    su
    sleep 45
    echo "100000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/freq_for_responsiveness
    echo "400000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_1_1
    echo "300000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/pegasusq/hotplug_freq_2_0
    C. Sio I/O scheduler (in my opinion performs well for our flash drives) set by init.d script above (together with pegasusq governor). If you prefer other schedulers you can also try "row" or "noop" (by editing the script).

D. Touch frequency limited from 500MHz to 100MHz - by init.d script (flash attached "TouchFreq_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - big thanks to Tungstwenty for help with kmemhelper command:
    Code:
    /sbin/busybox sh
    su
    kmemhelper -n `grep "^$(cat /proc/kallsyms | grep ' mov_hysti$' | cut -c1-4).* level\." /proc/kallsyms | grep -o "level.*"` -t int 15

E. CFS tweak: Thunderbolt: it sets specific multitasking behaviour of processor's scheduler (flash attached "CFStweaks_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    /sbin/busybox sh
    su
    /res/uci.sh cfs-tweaks 2

F. VM tweak: virtual memory tweak for battery life (flash attached "VMtweak_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    /system/bin/sh
    su

Remarks:
    - to revert back all kernel's tweaks - flash Restorer ZIP file from CWM recovery (Restorer_Siyah6b4_CWM.zip).

2. ROM TWEAKS
    - removed (optionally frozen) some useless apps (according to individual needs - do it carefully, remove only if you know what you are doing).

Picturea.jpgPictureb.jpgPicturec.jpgPictured.jpg

- Fast Dormancy - ON (Only if your mobile network supports that). Following this GUIDE you will find out if your network supports FD or not. Shorter way to find out that is to check with BBS app if you have long wakelock "secril_fd-interface". If YES - disable FD in your phone.
    - power saving - OFF
    - sound / system - all options OFF
    - developer options / Windows animation scale - Animation is OFF (it will disable CRT ON/OFF effects)

Also pls see attached screenshots of my battery statistics and CPU history from the test.
    Remark: I used my phone not so much intesively (mobile data/browsing on xda with XDA Premium app/internet, some usege of sms, phone calls etc):

Battery 1650mAh:
    - On battery time (100% - 3%): 2d 1h 5min
    - Voice calls: 1h 29sec

Picture4.jpgPicture5.jpg

Picture7.jpgPicture8.jpg

D. Voltage Control Extreme (CPU history):

Picture6.jpg

Enjoy

Battery friendly config Neatrom 4.X + PhilZ-CWM6 ver 1.01

Finally, after testing battery life on a new leaked JB 4.1.2 rom I reached a stage which in my opinion is not worse but even a little bit better than I reached on ICS with custom kernel. Having in mind that PhilZ-CWM6 is only repacked stock kernel which limits a lot tweaking capabilities - it looks very promising.

DISCLAIMER:

My config is as follows:

- Battery: 2000mAh battery (sammy) / primary, 1650mAh / secondary (results for both batteries attached at the end of this post)
    - Rom: NeatromLite 4.0 XXLSJ +- big thanks to Salesale
    - Kernel: PhilZ-CWM6 4.X - big thanks to Phil3759

Changelog:
    Code:
    Version 1.01:
    - added 2nd ver of Ondemand script for better responsiveness
    - added SetCPU profile file for screen of and battery <= 10%
    - added legacy hotplug tweaks
    1. KERNEL TWEAKS:
    - CPU UC : Max. scaling frequency limited to 1000 MHz, tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Maxfreq-Neatrom-CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery):
    Code:
    /system/bin/sh
    su
    sleep 30
    echo "1000000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

- SetCPU profiles: Additionally made "Screen OFF" and "Battery <=10%" profiles for SetCPU (it limits freq scaling range to 200 - 500 MHz when screen goes off and to 200 - 800 MHz when battery level is equal/lower than 10%)
    (copy attached "SetCPU_battery_screenoff_prof.setcpu.zip" file to /sdcard (root of internal memory), unzip it, go to SetCPU app/profiles, press left touch button, use restore option):
    If someone likes more aggressive UC edit init.d script and change "1000000" value to "800000" or check "settings/Power savings/CPU power saving". It will limit Max scaling freq to 800 MHz. If this is checked - don't flash Maxfreq init.d script.
    Due to the fact that scaling frequencies/governor/scheduler are set by init.d script, in SetCPU enable (check) only following option:
    - Profiles/enable profiles; options "set on boot" leave unchecked.

- ondemand governor tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Ondemand-Neatrom-CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery) - inspired by Droidphille:
    Code:
    /sbin/busybox sh
    su
    sleep 30
    echo "95" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
    echo "120000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
    echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor
    echo "5" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/down_differential
    echo "20" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/freq_step

If you think your phone is less responsive - increase freq_step parameter to "30" by editing /etc/init.d/Ondemand (remember to set again proper permissions to the saved file: 0755) or flash attached file "Ondemand30-Neatrom-CWM.zip" from CWM recovery.

- Noop I/O scheduler (in my opinion performs better for our flash drives than default cfq) set by init.d script (flash attached "Noop-Neatrom-CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    sleep 20
    echo "noop" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

- Legacy Hotplug tweak: tweaks legacy hotplug logic more aggressive to activate 2nd CPU core less often (keeping 1st core on a little higher load) than on default settings. Tweaked by init.d script (flash attached "Hotplug-Neatrom-CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo "70" > /sys/module/pm_hotplug/parameters/loadh
    echo "25" > /sys/module/pm_hotplug/parameters/loadl
    echo "200" > /sys/module/pm_hotplug/parameters/rate

- VM tweak: virtual memory tweak for battery life (flash attached "BatteryVMtweak-Neatrom-CWM.zip" file from CWM recovery)
    Code:
    /system/bin/sh
    su

2. ROM TWEAKS

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture3.jpg

I disabled autostart of some apps with Gemini App Manager using common sense of that what means - I didn't touch what I was not sure.
    - wireless and networks / mobile networks / mobile networks / network mode - WCDMA only. If someone doesn't need very fast data transfer he can change it to GSM only (2G).
    - power saving - ON (CPU power saving - OFF, screen power saving - ON, background colour - ON (OFF - if you don't like blue stock browser background)
    - sounds / system - all options OFF

Also pls see attached screenshots of my battery statistics from the test.
    Remark: I used my phone not so much intesively (mobile data/browsing on xda with XDA Premium app/internet, a little use of WiFi, sms, some phone calls etc):
    a) Battery 2000mAh:
    - On battery time (100% - 6%): 3d 15h
    - Screen on time: 5h 31min
    - Voice calls: 32min

Screenshot_2012-12-04-08-02-46.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-04-08-03-05.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-04-08-03-20.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-04-08-03-43.jpg

b) Battery 1650mAh:
    - On battery time (100% - 6%): 2d 10h
    - Screen on time: 5h 5min
    - Voice calls: 32min

Screenshot_2012-12-09-16-10-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-09-16-10-46.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-09-16-11-02.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-09-16-11-12.jpg

Enjoy

Disclaimer alert: I am in no way responsible for any damage inquired while performing any of the changes listed below. If you are not comfortable with tweaking your device please feel free to use built in option in Siyah's Kernal. This is just an option and it is something I have tried on my phone with success. I am not using a stock battery, but rather a 2000MAH.

I have NeatRom Lite V1.1 + Siyah Kernal (Slick Sale) installed on my phone. This was created by Sale (his work on this rom is increadible). Samsung's stock kernal has been replaced by Siyah's kernal SGS2v.3.3.2. This version has touch CWM which makes flashing fun. To tweak the kernal, I installed ExTweaks (from the market. Extweaks has the option for battery, performance and defualt settings (these are enabled after a donation). This same settings can be performed in recovery. Siyah has the kernal tweaked for optimization for battery and performance. You can select this in recovery (scrolling down to kernal specific options and the choosing either battery or performance) and it will be impleted during boot up.

However if you feel bold you can tweak the kernal using Ex Tweaks. These are my settings below ( they are by no means a rule of thumb)

Note. I have noticed that the screen consumes most of the power from the battery. If you are able to reduce your screen brightness to about 40% instead of being at automatic, you will get additional time on your phone.

SETTINGS (CPU):
    GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS = On
    ARCH_POWER = On
    CPU Hotplug = Default
    CPU IDLE Mode = AFTR + LPA (default)
    Smooth Scaling Level = 800Mhz
    SCHED_MC = 2
    CPU Undervolting = -50mV
    CPU Step Count = 18 (All available)
    Default CPU Governor = pegasusq
    Default CPU Scheduler = sio
    Scaling Max Freq = 1000Mhz
    Scaling Min Freq = 200Mhz

SETTINGS (GPU freq):
    GPU Freq Step 1 = 66Mhz
    GPU Freq Step 2 = 133Mhz
    GPU Freq Step 3 = 267Mhz

SETTINGS (GPU voltages):
    GPU Voltage Level 1 = 800mV
    GPU Voltage Level 2 = 850mV
    GPU Voltage Level 3 = 900mV

SETTINGS (other):
    Screen settings stock.
    Vibration intensity = 2
    Touchmovesensitivity =5 pixel
    Min_BL =30
    Min_Gamma=1
    Max_Gamma=24

Other setting without undevolting.

SETTINGS (CPU):
    GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS = On
    ARCH_POWER = On
    CPU Hotplug = Default
    CPU IDLE Mode = AFTR + LPA (default)
    Smooth Scaling Level = 800Mhz
    SCHED_MC = 2
    CPU Undervolting = No undervolting
    CPU Step Count = 18 (All available)
    Default CPU Governor = pegasusq
    Default CPU Scheduler = sio
    Scaling Max Freq = 1000Mhz
    Scaling Min Freq = 100Mhz

SETTINGS (GPU freq):
    GPU Freq Step 1 = 40Mhz
    GPU Freq Step 2 = 133Mhz
    GPU Freq Step 3 = 267Mhz

SETTINGS (GPU voltages):
    GPU Voltage Level 1 = 800mV
    GPU Voltage Level 2 = 850mV
    GPU Voltage Level 3 = 900mV

SETTINGS (other):

Screen settings stock.
    Vibration intensity = 3
    Touchmovesensitivity =5 pixel
    Min_BL =40
    Min_Gamma=0
    Max_Gamma=24

Please note Geko95gek has three different settings and it should work if you are in the mood for an adventure.

Download Links.
    NeatRom Lite
    Siyah Kernal
    ExTweaks (Google play Store)

Useful sources
    Geko95gek http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26755476&postcount=850
    Droidphile's article http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Special thanks and credit to the following:
    Sale (awesome rom and excellent support)
    Gokhamoral (great kernal)
    Geko95gek (examples of tweaks)
    Droidphile (Write up of governors).

Sample shorts of my usage.

351g65u.jpg

2di0vhl.png

14e4cd1.png
    Battery saving tweaks

Thanks to red.hat's hospitality, you can find on this thread my battery friendly configs. They are based on NeatromLite stock based roms and Siyah custom kernels. Exceptionally I prepare tweaks also for other kernels (eg philz) when Siyah kernels are not available/ready for particular Neatrom releases.
    Beneath you can find my work which I've done so far.

MANY40'S BATTERY FRIENDLY CONFIGS COLLECTION:

What is the battery friendly config? In short, it's a set of battery saving tweaks which can be divided into two groups: kernel tweaks and rom tweaks.

1. Kernel's tweaks (scripts + Stweaks profile - they tweak some kernel's tunables like CPU/GPU freq, CPU/GPU voltages, CPU governor and other parameters)

2. Rom's tweaks (OS sound/vibration/screen/motion/animation/comms/location/sync etc settings + freezed system apps list + wakelocks advices + some others)

DISCLAIMER:

A. Everybody can try it but not necessarily it will work for everybody like it works for me.
    B. Remember that our phones' hardware is not 100% identical.
    C. Make nandroid backup before trying this
    D. If any tweak causes freezes, restore your nandroid backup.

I. SIYAH KERNELS:

1. <Siyah 6.0 beta5 + Neatrom 4.X JB 4.1.2>

2. <Siyah 6.0 beta4 + Neatrom 4.X JB 4.1.2>

3. <Siyah 5.0.1 + Neatrom ICS 4.0.3/4.0.4>

4. <Siyah 4.1.5 + Neatrom ICS 4.0.3/4.0.4>

II. PHILZ KERNELS:

1. <PhilZ-CWM6 4.X + Neatrom 4.X JB 4.1.2>

Enjoy!