Or Continue to Thread: Horrible battery life after 2.…
Find Your Device:
18th January 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #198  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 15

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon962

I read a possible solution on another forum and tried it with my SGS2 today and am amazed at the difference today in my battery life.

Worth a shot as it does not require anything more than charging your phone and pulling the battery.

Charge your phone to 100% with the phone off (hold the power button for 3 seconds or so until the menu comes up and select power off). When you reach 100%, unplug the charger and remove your battery (some said keep the battery removed for 90 seconds while others said 3-5 minutes). I left my battery out for 5 minutes or so. Put the battery back in and power on.

That was it. My Android OS went back to normal and the battery life today has been great if not better then with 2.3.6 than before I updated.

Screen grab of my current battery use after trying this method this morning is attached.

did this continue to work for you? or was it more of a one time thing? i have tryed a lot of diffrent things and i dont see how this simple action would fix the problem for good. im still on 2.3.6, thinking about rooting to JELLYBEAN 4, i have read so many reviews were people coming off gingerbread get DOUBLE battery life with jelly bean!