Best cheap heavy duty case i ever bought

Search This thread

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
- Hi everyone, i just want to share with you all my new case i bought yesterday for $3.39 ..yeah, that's cheap :D.

link to buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...2?pt=PDA_Accessories&var=&hash=item484e9f5e5e

Pros:
- Cheap, no1 priority
- Nice design, i guess, and it has multiple colors option for you to pick.
- Nice material. Hard plastic has matte surface ( like our phone Polycarbonate body but a little bit slippery.) The rubber is really soft, smooth and doesn't attract dust a lot( or maybe because the color of my case, i don't see them a lot. The case feel really nice and hight quality in hand
- Very protective for your phone ( raised up in front and around camera lens so you don't need to worry about how you put down your phone in any surface..)
- Case is perfectly fit the phone, except the usb port is a little bit not align but it will not affect when you plug in your usb cable.
- The case is design with curve along it edges + rubber is not really sticky , so it is very easy to put the phone in or pull the phone out of your pocket.

Cons:
- If you pay attention into detail , you will find out that rubber part is not sharply cut ( usb port, micro hole..), just some small details. For this price, i don't expect this case has to be like otterbox...
- Power button/ volume rocker are not raised up. But the rubber is really soft so you will have a nice feedback when you press them. You know what you are pressing at.
- Take very long time to get the phone ( took me 25 days, maybe due to chritmas/new year holiday)

530632_3656892759362_187098351_n.jpg

578382_3656892879365_918900315_n.jpg

19083_3656893039369_1720609803_n.jpg

484750_3656893279375_617850045_n.jpg

148905_3656893479380_798181248_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dramamoose

Jan 11, 2013
How thick/solid seeming is the rubber part? Also, are the volume buttons raised up and if not how easy are they to press/would they press accidentally?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
How thick/solid seeming is the rubber part? Also, are the volume buttons raised up and if not how easy are they to press/would they press accidentally?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Rubber part is as thick as a normal tpu case (or just a little thicker) . volume and power button are not raised up but I have no problem with accidentally press them when phone is in my pocket.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

joshua54

Aug 2, 2010
asheville, N.C.
Hey u notice one of ur pogo pins is covered, its kinda driving me crazy that sellers are saying these cases are compatible with both one x and xl. Yes they fit but there ARE differences like the pogo pins, camera alignment and sometimes usb cutouts...:(

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using xda premium

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
The one xl pogo pins are unfortunately 100% useless so nobody on this forum cares if they are there or not

Sent from my HTC One XL

+1, i don't know what to do with that pogo pin either . If you use desktop/car dock then it won't fit the phone with any cases on. For this case, i have no problem with camera/usb port cut-out.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I got the red/black version today. It is what it is but for me I can't deal with all the imperfections. Maybe I'm spoiled by my incipio lining up perfect with every button and cutout. The feedback from the power and volume buttons just won't work for me either. It will go in the collection of free backup cases until something happens to the incipio. The devil is in the details for me. The $20 difference is huge but the fit and finish difference is huge too in my opinion.

EDIT: The pics honestly make the $3 case look ok, but in person and up close you can see and feel the drastic differences in quality.

Sent from my HTC One XL

Last edited:
Reactions: tritran18518

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
I got the red/black version today. It is what it is but for me I can't deal with all the imperfections. Maybe I'm spoiled by my incipio lining up perfect with every button and cutout. The feedback from the power and volume buttons just won't work for me either. It will go in the collection of free backup cases until something happens to the incipio. The devil is in the details for me. The $20 difference is huge but the fit and finish difference is huge too in my opinion.

EDIT: The pics honestly make the $3 case look ok, but in person and up close you can see and feel the drastic differences in quality.

Sent from my HTC One XL

^^,that's why this case costs $3. BTW,in my opinion, this case is $3 then your case should be around $10 . (> $20 is just too expensive ) :D

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Honestly after 3 months it's the best $23 I've spent on this phone. It feels great in my hand, looks great from every angle, makes finding and pressing the power and volume buttons a breeze.

Sent from my HTC One XL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Hi everyone, i just want to share with you all my new case i bought yesterday for $3.39 ..yeah, that's cheap :D.

link to buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...2?pt=PDA_Accessories&var=&hash=item484e9f5e5e

Pros:
    - Cheap, no1 priority
    - Nice design, i guess, and it has multiple colors option for you to pick.
    - Nice material. Hard plastic has matte surface ( like our phone Polycarbonate body but a little bit slippery.) The rubber is really soft, smooth and doesn't attract dust a lot( or maybe because the color of my case, i don't see them a lot. The case feel really nice and hight quality in hand
    - Very protective for your phone ( raised up in front and around camera lens so you don't need to worry about how you put down your phone in any surface..)
    - Case is perfectly fit the phone, except the usb port is a little bit not align but it will not affect when you plug in your usb cable.
    - The case is design with curve along it edges + rubber is not really sticky , so it is very easy to put the phone in or pull the phone out of your pocket.

Cons:
    - If you pay attention into detail , you will find out that rubber part is not sharply cut ( usb port, micro hole..), just some small details. For this price, i don't expect this case has to be like otterbox...
    - Power button/ volume rocker are not raised up. But the rubber is really soft so you will have a nice feedback when you press them. You know what you are pressing at.
    - Take very long time to get the phone ( took me 25 days, maybe due to chritmas/new year holiday)

530632_3656892759362_187098351_n.jpg

578382_3656892879365_918900315_n.jpg

19083_3656893039369_1720609803_n.jpg

484750_3656893279375_617850045_n.jpg

148905_3656893479380_798181248_n.jpg

Sent from my HTC One XL