My knowledge is limited but I have been flashing for a long time now on different devices, I flashed my first Rom in 2004 on T-Mobile XDA, still learning on new devices, I like to share some of my experience which I have learned from this forum, this might answer a few newbie questions. Thanks to all the fellows which have been a great help in this forum.
Please do not flash any file which you are not sure about.
Please don't hold me responsible for any unpredictable situation.
You cannot flash a custom ROM while you are on stock recovery, that’s why you need to flash ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM-Recovery)
I find two methods for flashing.
You can use Odin to flash Custom ROM’s and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM-Recovery)
When to use Odin ?
Whenever you have a [ROM / Recovery] with .md5 extension you will flash it through Odin
When to use CWM-Recovery ?
If you have a [ROM / Recovery / Patch / Update] with a .zip extension you will flash it through CWM-Recovery.
In both the above cases the developer will mention how to flash.
Wire Brush means you have to flash through Odin.
The file you download will be in .md5.
when you will extract the .rar file you will find .md5 in it.
Card Brush means you have to flash through ClockworkMod Recovery.
The file you download will be with a zip extension, there will be folders and files in it, for example. [META-INF, system, boot.img etc]
No need to extract the zip, you will have to provide path of the zip in CWM-Recovery.
How to Boot to Download Mode/ coal mining mode (Only for Odin)
1. Hold down [volume down] + [home button] + [power button] (you will see a Yellow Triangle)
2. Press [Volume up] to enter coal mining mode/download mode
3. Open Odin
4. Connect USB cable
5. Windows will take a while to download drivers for download mode
6. ID:COM box will be highlighted
If you do not to intend to proceed in download mode then you have to simply pull out the battery, phone will reboot as usual.
How to Boot to Recovery
1. [Volume up] and [Volume Down] and [Power]
2. As soon as you see "Samsung" appear! release the Power Button ONLY
3. Continue holding the Volume Buttons until you enter CWM Recovery
There are apps in market which will help you reboot to [recovery / download mode / reboot / etc]
Flashing when you are on stock ROM
1. Download CWM-Recovery and ROM of your choice
2. Copy ROM to your device Internal Storage or SD-Card (in case of a .zip file)
CWM-Recovery is a replacement of stock recovery, it includes Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options and file browser for flashing custom Rom’s and do a lot more.
There are a few different ways to flash recovery.
It’s better to find md5 recovery as I have one for my E120S (e120s.recovery.tar.md5), so I flash it straight from Odin when I was on stock ROM.
I remember once I had a Touch Recovery.img file (page 110 by Socim) and I had to install it through Terminal Emulator and I was on Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 through Kies, it did not let me run any scripts, might be because I did not have root access. But this method worked for me when I had root access in stock Gingerbread ROM, (thanks Socim).
Flashing Recovery.md5 file through Odin takes less than a minute. (around 8 MB file)
Flash ROM or CWM-Recovery Through Odin.
1. Reboot to download mode
2. Connect USB cable (Windows will take a while to download drivers in download mode)
3. Open Odin, (ID:COM box will be yellow and show 0:[COM..] if drivers are successful)
4. Select PDA and browse for .md5 file
5. Click start
6. Odin will show progress and will display Pass when done and will reset device
You can find a lot of Screen Shots for Odin if you google
Flashing Custom ROM of your choice
1. After flashing CWM-Recovery, reboot to CWM-Recovery
2. wipe data / reset
3. wipe cache partition
4. Choose "Install zip from sd"
5. Internal memory or external (sdcard) (where you have saved your ROM)
6. Some people say to wipe data again
Please correct me if I am wrong at any place, Thanks
---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------
Originally Posted by shalabhbatra100
Hi all, i was wondering if there is a FM tuner application for our devices SHV e120L. By FM tuner i mean the proper radio and not the internet radio.
Please let me know if there is any app.
i am sorry but i have never heard of Analog-Radio-Receive in any of SHV LTE devices.