Or Continue to Thread: Moko cases
Find Your Device:
24th January 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Could MoKo cases be screwing up my Nexus 7??
I need to know if anyone else is experiencing similar problems with the Nexus 7 and the MoKo case.

I am now on my THIRD Nexus 7 (all warranty replacements). Both defective units suddenly went bad in the same way. The units became unstable, bringing up software unasked, then starting and stopping after the initial splash screen leaving me unable to get into the software or my WiFi. Finally, each unit refused to turn off. I tried both a factory reset and a hard reset (working with Google tech support), but both units refused to reset. Crazy, huh?

My Nexus 7s have "lived" in my living room. I've not tried to root them, or to put weird off-putting software or looked at virus-prone websites...and yet both units have gone south in the identical way.

The one constant element with both units has been my use of a MoKo case (purchased from Amazon) with the magnetic closure . . . and I've wondered if that magnet is causing some unanticipated, unwarranted change in the Nexus 7 that would cause such a severe disruption that it can't be reset and can't turn off.

I've asked Google tech support about this, but there are enough notes in these threads indicating that Google is no help.

Anyone experiencing these problems with the Nexus 7, especially if you have your unit protected in the MoKo case? Please let me know. I really like the case--it's the best out there for the Nexus 7--but I don't want to risk having a third unit die on me if the case is to blame.