SDR Touch is once more taken down from Google Play

This time the DMCA complain is issued by SDR#'s developer Youssef Touil. I would like to publicly say that his claims are not only untrue and unethical but are unlawful at the same time. It is a shame that anybody would use such unfair means of taking down a rival's app.

Mr Touil has issued a DMCA claim against SDR Touch that SDR Touch supposedly has used his copyright algorithms. And he doesn't even have a proof to present to Google other but his "beliefs". Google is legally required to take down any app that is being accused of copyright infringement for 14 days. So SDR Touch will not be available on Google Play for 14 days but you can still download it from here.

Download

I have filed the following counter complain:

Quote:
SDR Touch does not use any algorithms copyrighted by Mr Touli. The original complain by Mr Youssef Touil is malicious and therefore SDR Touch should be brought back to Android market.

Mr Touil is developing a similar application on the Windows OS and probably fears that SDR Touch will take some of his users. He must have therefore filed a fake DMCA complain in order to unlawfully take down my rival app.

From what I can see, the copyrighted code that he has specified is written in C# with OOP design. SDR Touch on the other hand is written in C and uses in-place integer based fixed point arithmetic that I have developed on my own.

If his claims were true, he would have specified exactly which symbols are allegedly violating the copyright of his work. He would have explained how exactly does an algorithm from an ARM disassembly compares with a C# OOP based code so he prove any resemblance. Of course there are no such symbols and the algorithms SDR Touch uses are completely different from Mr Touli's ones. Therefore his claim is unethical, unlawful and untrue.

Furthermore, Mr Touli have previously sent emails to me accusing me of copyright infringement. I carefully explained to him (and I have email history that can prove it) what my theoretical sources were and that I never looked at his code because of the way it was licensed. He never agreed with me although he didn't present any evidence of me infringing his work.

Since SDR Touch is a completely novel work which was not influenced by any way of Mr Touli's work, I demand SDR Touch to be brought back to Google Play.

I am aware that Google is legally required to put SDR Touch back online in 14 days after my counter-complain has been filed.
Unfortunately Mr Touli could start trolling other developers of SDR software with no apparent reason. So fellow developers - be prepared.

On the other hand I want to raise public awareness for the way Google handles DMCA complaints. They don't check the authenticity of the claim so everybody can easily take out any app on Google Play store for 14 days. This is a big mistake that Google makes...