Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dirt1222

Jul 12, 2012
Krakow
Hope

Hi guys :) I've been looking for gb bootloader for our device and I found this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24862280&postcount=451# :) As I remember our recovery is based on the exact same model (OT 990) . So if they could do the trick maybe we can too (@ all stuck at Froyo) . I that post there are 3 packs of files nessesary to do the job . I guess we can exchange them to fit for our phone model so it can upgrade to GB without OTA update :laugh: That would be helpfull in future for creating Custom ROM's based allready on GB :) I know some of you got the skills needed to make this operation work (instead of me who doesn't) . So I have request for Ruscan.Calin to check those files and see if we can get anything usefull from it :)

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Hi guys :) I've been looking for gb bootloader for our device and I found this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24862280&postcount=451# :) As I remember our recovery is based on the exact same model (OT 990) . So if they could do the trick maybe we can too (@ all stuck at Froyo) . I that post there are 3 packs of files nessesary to do the job . I guess we can exchange them to fit for our phone model so it can upgrade to GB without OTA update :laugh: That would be helpfull in future for creating Custom ROM's based allready on GB :) I know some of you got the skills needed to make this operation work (instead of me who doesn't) . So I have request for Ruscan.Calin to check those files and see if we can get anything usefull from it :)

well,

sorry to answer late I was busy

they use an update to GB (pack1 ) that comes from Telenor Hungary by FOTA update ( it is downloaded to sdcard as a .zip package when you check for update by FOTA so you can keep it for later purposes )
then patched a Froyo stock ROM flashed this patched ROM then applied that FOTA update

but you do not have that update or better check for it /settings/ about phone/ system updates maybe you have GB but know nothing about it :D

so check for update by software (move upgrade / one touch upgrade ) or by phone menu

for you because Move Upgrade is a working tool just read my previous post and do not forget : this is a cooperative work you need to work as a team a single person can't solve this problem

anyway Froyo is good enough I liked it !

... or buy another phone check Alcatel 991 / 993 or others

... I want to buy cheap tablet to use it as digital agenda recently tested a very cheap Vonino tablet and it was impressive

so buy a tablet what the hell ! :cowboy:

NOTE

In my opinion Alcatel made that job - released GB for this phone now it is about implementation ( this is a special case it is a phone made by Alcatel but branded to your GSM provider ) so it depends ONLY by your GSM provider to test and release it for your phone if they do not do it maybe they do not have the phone for sale anymore or even so maybe they are .... to lazy doing that :D

strange situation here about Globul Bulgaria because they are owned by Cosmote from Greece /OTE and here in Romania GB was released by Cosmote

Last edited:
Reactions: jwkk

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
I followed the instructions in the first post, step by step, I had no problems. I tried to do updates from the move but I say I last updated firmware, then I flash ROM Robinson, but after starting the phone is locked to the logo. So I move back to 4.0. The phone is alcatel 908 vancouver. Where can I get the original firmware? So I could probably update to Gingerbread

I think you need no stock rom to check for update ( it performs from custom rom too )
..so if you are on custom rom just check for update if you get nothing that's it if you where on stock rom from orange vancouver situation should be the same
... yes do not try GB if you do not have official GB update - this official update will change "hidden" / fota partitions too here is the problem

@ ALL - just to remember about a2sd : one day I installed 100 + apps and moved everything to sd-ext partition and got lags so how to solve it ?

well, if you want to install many apps just move Dalvik-cache and apps on se-ext BUT nothing about app data

read more on blogspot for commands

a2sd reinstall

a2sd cachesd

but not

a2sd datasd

yes by this way you keep data for apps on internal memory - /data/data folder( it will take some space ) but you can still install 200+ apps so this should be enough :laugh:

gulyuk.s

Jan 4, 2012
Neftekamsk
New Build #2 CyanogenMod 7 by Ewra Project

hi.
its me again,some days ago we can fixed the trouble for data connection (thnx to Shkerzy) on CyanogenMod 7 for your device and now try to found how it make without individual compilation, only compatible zip based on build for our 990 and libraries from your roms.

also in kernel I added OC to 900 MHz,but not all our cpu work on freq hight than 787 MHz, new cpu governors, BFQ i/o scheduler, update kernel to *.35.14

Flash only on preinstalled firmware 2.3

1. before you must update your recovery to this correctly CWM
http://www.mediafire.com/?99bbankbnuxap6z (flash via old recovery)
2. after you can try to flash this zip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yopw60x1frxfxnu/cm-7-20130205-EXPERIMENTAL-brandy.zip
3. then make the full wipe data/factory reset

users from 4pda forum said that now its work perfect and good

dont forget about backup.

thnx.

Last edited:

gulyuk.s

Jan 4, 2012
Neftekamsk
Great job!

It works, but there are some drawbacks:
- Draped button back, menu and search
- Radio does not work
- I have not tested further

Indeed this can give the OT-908? Something hurts?

Are you have mean that Radio FM not working? If yes, then true, because FM module it is the same module for BT (bcm4329) and in kernel not supported output the sound via standart method of cyanogenmod sources.

These ports (miui,joyos) do not we and not give guarantees that they are correct.

But I'm working on a project the Lewa OS, last develop version at 5/02/13 based on LewaCode sources and on official update by LewaOS developers for Samsung S5280

Download:

Flash via recovery first - lewa-buil_65 (rom for alcatel ot-990), than compatibility_908-1.1 and make wipe data/factory reset

For me its very fast and stable Rom, but for your device lockscreen wiil be large (need resize graphics)

Solution for Proximity Sensors - app Proximity Screen Off (and disable from system settings Phone - Performance - Proximity Sensors - Off)

GeorgeAri

Feb 8, 2013
Please Answer

"IMPORTANT ! -this ROM will work only for the case you already have an official Gingerbread update from Alcatel by Move Upgrade/ One Touch Upgrade/ OTA update ! if you are on Froyo/ Android 2.2.2 never flash this ROM - will simply not work !!"
How do i get an official update?

unickull

Jan 15, 2013
I think you need no stock rom to check for update ( it performs from custom rom too )
..so if you are on custom rom just check for update if you get nothing that's it if you where on stock rom from orange vancouver situation should be the same
... yes do not try GB if you do not have official GB update - this official update will change "hidden" / fota partitions too here is the problem

the problem is that I can not find the original firmware from vancouver. If the unlock phone you could bring stock gb firmware version cosmote?

tgeanin

Jul 14, 2012
robinson rom bugs
i instaled this rom and i observe a few bugs like:
1. after alarm is ring and i press cancel the screen is bloked, is no show nophig except wallpaper
2. when i lisen the radio and the screen is becom off the phone will block and is necesary to take off the battery and restart the phone
3. i can't move apps to custerpak partition eny more. this partition is a secret partition maked by alcatel and it have 70mb
With all respect!

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

My post is about the last version of Robinson rom

Quaresma_7

Dec 22, 2011
I have a T-Mobile Move with 2.3.4 update. I have Croatian firmware. Will this work for my phone?

Quaresma_7

Dec 22, 2011
I have a T-Mobile Move with 2.3.4 update. I have Croatian firmware. Will this work for my phone?

Okay, I answered this for myself, did the whole procedure and now I have a far more functional phone than it used to be. It is faster, it has much more memory for applications and this is actually the best part of it. Being able to install a lot of things and not fill up the memory or slow down the phone. But it seems to me that battery ilfe has decreased. Is it true or is it just because recently I've been using the phone more so it just seems to me that way? Also, the screen takes longer to turn on when I push the home button while on standby, as well as in a phone call, after I remove it from my ear.

Once again, great job on the custom ROM and all the modifications.

EDIT: I've just noticed that the notification LED didn't work when I had a missed call. Then I went into Settings to check if it was off. I figured out that it DOES NOT EXIST in the settings! This must mean that this ROM doesn't support the LED at all. Afterwards I noticed that it didn't turn on at all, even when unlocking the phone, or in any situation at all. Can this be sorted out?

Last edited:

adrian_e30

Feb 21, 2010
Bucharest
hello

i have a alcatel ot 908f also knownd as orange vancouver,and i want to unlock it,its locked on orange roamania,and i want to use it on cosmote,if u have a link or stept by step how to unlok it,here is the imei 860126010477034 svn:01007R if that helps someone to help me :laugh: ,thx, and sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    keeping in touch with OneTouch
    Robinson ROM for Alcatel OT908

FOR ALCATEL OT-908 ONLY !

features :
    • removed "gifts"
    • based on stock Gingerbread 2.3.4
    • root, busybox, bash ,sqlite interface, tun.ko module
    • /etc/init.d scripting support
    • /data/app feature
    • kernel with new governors,schedulers, CPU range [122,768]
    • DSP Manager and screenshot from CM
    • a2sd to move everything to sdcard ext partition
    • Holo Launcher, modded status bar with transparency
    • mods, tweaks, changes

languages (locale)
    • English
    • Romanian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • French
    • Italian
    • Hungarian
    • Dutch
    • Turkish
    • Portuguese
    • Russian
    • Polish
    • Czech
    • Macedonian
    • Serbian
    • Bulgarian

flashing
    notes

IMPORTANT ! -this ROM will work only for the case you already have an official Gingerbread update from Alcatel by Move Upgrade/ One Touch Upgrade/ OTA update ! if you are on Froyo/ Android 2.2.2 never flash this ROM - will simply not work !!

download

hrejsi.jwkk.biz
    info-howto- patch-update

CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY 5.0.2.8

flash it by fastboot like usual

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

KEYS PROBLEM FOR 908S/ 908F/ 908A

if you have to touch search key to get back etc read this post

STOCK ROMs Gingerbread-based

1. Cosmote Romania
    2. T-Mobile Czech Republic
    3. Yoigo Spain
    4. T-Mobile Macedonia

TO SYNC PHONE

MyPhoneExplorer -has the ability to control the phone from PC, client included in custom ROM just install desktop application to sync phone !

QtADB - advanced tool both Linux and Windows, many features

ROOT -ONLY for the case you are on STOCK ROM and just want stock rooted

-download and flash by Recovery it comes with the last ver 3.1.3 of Superuser downloaded from Market (not from a site) -just to be sure it's safe
    -yes this custom ROM comes with root enabled so you do not need to flash this package only for the case you prefer to stay on stock but want to mod it yourself
    (as seen from poll results many prefer staying on stock rom )

STOCK RECOVERY

as you requested download stock recovery from attachment anyway a stock recovery is not good to flash a custom ROM file - you get signature-verification error that's why we build custom recovery ! stock recovery is good to flash an update signed by manufacturer by example and update that comes as .zip package by FOTA (Firmware Over The Air ); anyway this stock recovery has no menu you can use it to perform a factory reset from phone menu only !

DOWNLOAD
    New

Hi, its me again with my project CyanogenMod PerfoMix compiled for your devices.
    And, I can fixed the crash (has on previous build) of status bar with new innovations - slider for brightness control from expand status bar and data speed widget. Added new lockscreen (ICS, JB, JB Glow), incall lockscreen (CyanogenMod settings - Lockscreen - Styles) with respond via sms (Settings - Calls). More major fixes. But I didn't adapted stock keyboard for LDPI.

Download:
    cm-PerfoMix-Move-20130726-Release
    Which languages are included?

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2

you are the first to post here:)

well, for Czech or others I need as I said a copy of your stock ROM I suppose you have Czech in stock then upload it somewhere

I need system.img and datadata.img
    So, if we flash this GB rom there is no going back to Froyo if it fails?

firstly check by Move Upgrade/ One Touch Upgrade for a GB official update then feel free to test this custom rom if you want to revert to stock GB (official update) will be easy - do a backup before to flash custom rom at this time you can not use this GB rom -just try for an official update in order to get a-new-and-happy bootloader - with this update yes you CAN NOT revert to any Froyo-based roms !

@ALL

I made an update :kernel with OC flash it by CWM get it from post #2