I have found some packages from within other kitchens;
Da_g's [Touch Pro]: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=474406
qsqa's [Touch Pro]: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505800
Daryelv's [CDMA Diamond]: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65333
some i have created from cab's, using SztupY's cabtools available here http://winmo.sztupy.hu/cabtools.html
, to create an OEM package and then manually correcting the layout.
e.g. if the extracted cab was in the folder "cab"
1. create a new folder within this called "files"
2. Create a new folder called "0409" (as this is the language i am building for"
3. Within 0409 create a folder called "files"
4. now back in cab i would delete "option.xml", "initflashfiles.txt" and the "xxxx.dsm" files
5. then rename "xxxx.rgu" to "app.reg"
6. then copy any files with 0409 in them to cab\0409\files
7. copy all other files (exc app.reg) to cab\files
8. create a new blank file "_skip" in your cab folder
9. copy your new package folder "cab" to ..\Kitchen\EXT\Shared\"Own Packages"\ (where "Own Packages" is the name of your custom packages folder)
hope this helps, and as im also new to this if i have any of this wrong please correct me.
EDIT: Just read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3887
in Da-g's thread, it seems Kraize has created a set of batch scripts to automate the entire process
Originally Posted by mosec
Is there a way to add more packages and cook them into the rom?
If yes, where can I find some?
Device: Diamond 2 (MDA Compact V)
HardSPL: HardSPL 1.83
Current Rom: Topaz Kitchen Test Rom