[ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)
for rooting latest firmware check this:
[ROOT][Z] How-to for rooting newest firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67
Alternate Method using Recovery posted! (RECOMMENDED)
Since we now have Recovery fully working its a lot easier to root the device. I have made a simpler package for easier rooting and installing busybox. find it in second post!
[ Information ]
so once the bootloader is unlocked its generally very easy to root but there were numerous issues where rooting wasnt working even using insecure kernel
so i used the ramdisk of CF-Auto-Root for the Nexus 4, modified it a bit for working on the Xperia Z and thats it... Root achieved!
all of the testing was done remotely (using teamviewer)... many thanks to the user who willing helped out with the testing!
Want to root without unlocking bootloader? now you can! thanks to goroh_kun! check out THIS thread!
[ Proof ]
[ WARNING ]
[ Credits ]
- (all queries related to unlocking bootloader should be posted on that thread)
- DO NOT CROSS FLASH BETWEEN DEVICES
[ Requirements ]
- Chainfire - for ramdisk of CF-Auto-Root kernel of Nexus 4
- Androxyde - for his brilliant work on FlashTool
- lots of other developers for helping me get here
[ How to Root ]
- Firmware Version: 10.1.A.1.350
- we tested on C6603 and C6602
- unlocked bootloader
- fastboot files (are there in the unlock bootloader thread)
[ donations ]
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
[ Download Links ]
PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES
- reboot into bootloader
- flash my modded CF-Auto-Root Kernel,
fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_CF-Auto-Root-ported_FW-350.img
- reboot from fastboot
- the device will now start booting and u will get indication on screen saying (Device will reboot in 10 seconds)
- after CF-Auto-Root reboots device once, disconnect USB cable and do hard power off (3 vibrations)
[FYI: disconnect usb cable.. u have to do hard power off "press power button and keep VOLUME UP key pressed for 15 seconds"]
- connect device in fastboot mode and flash stock kernel
fastboot flash boot Z_DooMLoRD_insecure_FW-350.img
- now reboot device and the device will start booting into OS
- you should now Download Busybox Installer from Market and install it at /system/xbin/
- thats it! device is now completely rooted!
- modified CF-Auto-Root kernel:
- Stock insecure kernel for FW (10.1.A.1.350):
Like my work? Please consider donating via PayPal
Creator of DooMKernel making those Snapdragons fly higher and faster
Android Devices I use : Sony Xperia Z2, Z1, Z Ultra GPe, Z, SP, T
Contributions : Generic Android / Xperia X10 / Xperia 2011 devices / Samsung Galaxy S2 / Huawei Ideos X6 / Samsung Galaxy SCL (i9003) / HTC Flyer / Kindle Fire / HTC JetStream / Xperia P, Sola, U / HTC One X / Xperia S / Xperia T, V, TX / Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z / Xperia SP / Xperia Z1 / Xperia Z Ultra & ZU GPe / Xperia Z1 Compact / Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet / Xperia T2 Ultra / Xperia M2
My Apps on Google Play Store | Follow me on Twitter!