[DownANIMATION][02.24.13] HTC quietly brilliant, Flames, Beats and gif previews!

Search This thread

boushidosan

Mar 27, 2009
Belton
Credit for instructions goes to jonno95, without him I wouldnt have become inspired enough to make this!

Instructions:

1. On your phone using a root explorer navigate to /system/customize/resource and rename the original downanimation.zip (just in case you want to easily go back to it)

2. Copy the new downanimation.zip to your phone then using root explorer copy it to /system/customize/resource and make sure the permissions are like the original. rw r-- r-- I believe.

(alternate step 2) (pointed out by stillthisguy) If you have ViperDNA by nit then you can go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

The first request is done and attached. (be sure and rename to downanimation.zip or hTC_downanimation.zip, et cetera)

Goodies:
link to gif preview:

link to downanimation.zip files
Green Pyre

CRT turning off

RED Pyre

beats by dre

Quote from this thread about enhancing shutdown animation's framerate:
Find /system/customize/CID/default.xml and edit it with es file manager, near the bottom you'll see:

<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip" image="" fps="30" />

Now you just change the number next to the fps to whatever frame rate per second you want, and you can designate what zip name it uses, mine is hTC_downanimation.zip.
Exit, Saving changes, and hold-click or w/e to open the options submenu over the file default.xml, and change its permissions to rw r-- r--

Profit!

I take requests. I have a version where the HTC logo fades in to picture too if someone wants that as well.

Last edited:

tegtke

Mar 27, 2011
Re: [ANIMATION] HTC quietly brilliant Green Pyre edition downanimation.zip and gif

Looks great! Any possibility of doing the crt down animation?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Re: [ANIMATION] HTC quietly brilliant Green Pyre edition downanimation.zip and gif

Cathode Ray Tube. It's an animation that supposed to look like an old TV. Most Motorola Droids have it when you turn off the screen. I miss it, it's too bad we can't hack framework-res.apk on sense to get that effect.

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2

tegtke

Mar 27, 2011

From the thunderbolt days. Someone modified it for the rez also. Basically it looks like a crt screen of white noise or snow and fades in to a white dot in the center of the screen and goes black full screen. Like the old cathode ray tube television and monitors used to when you turned them off. (Showing my age a little here). Lol.
Someone even modified it for screen off transition for the tbolt on some roms from another site.

Reactions: boushidosan

boushidosan

Mar 27, 2009
Belton
From the thunderbolt days. Someone modified it for the rso ialso. Basically it looks like a crt screen of white noise or snow and fades in to a white dot in the center of the screen and goes black full screen. Like the old cathode ray tube television and monitors used to when you turned them off. (Showing my age a little here). Lol.
Someone even modified it for screen off transition for the tbolt on some roms from another site.

I actually have a spare thunderbolt. Can anyone point in the direction to this so i can see what it looks like

Tidefan13

Dec 16, 2010

I can't get this to work for some reason. Ive put the file in system/customize/resource and fixed permissions to rw,r,r and its just black. I've renamed the original to .bak and I've even moved it to the sd card so the custom one is the only one in the resource folder. Ive put the original one back and it works fine just can't get the custom one to work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

boushidosan

Mar 27, 2009
Belton
I can't get this to work for some reason. Ive put the file in system/customize/resource and fixed permissions to rw,r,r and its just black. I've renamed the original to .bak and I've even moved it to the sd card so the custom one is the only one in the resource folder. Ive put the original one back and it works fine just can't get the custom one to work

I had to rename mine to hTC_downanimation.zip and then give it rw r-- r-- permissions.

I used ES File explorer or w/e its called, and it seems buggy. In order for it to just copy the new animation, I had to enable root access and mount system as writable as well, and then create a new folder in the resources folder, when I went to copy it, I went to copy it inside the new folder, and it would copy it then into the system directory, took a lil bit.

Tidefan13

Dec 16, 2010

I had to rename mine to hTC_downanimation.zip and then give it rw r-- r-- permissions.

I used ES File explorer or w/e its called, and it seems buggy. In order for it to just copy the new animation, I had to enable root access and mount system as writable as well, and then create a new folder in the resources folder, when I went to copy it, I went to copy it inside the new folder, and it would copy it then into the system directory, took a lil bit.
I tried renaming it that also. ill redownload it and try it again.

Last edited:

kenohki88

Mar 28, 2010
Patterson

Very nice CRT works using viper tweaks. You got anything in red in the works? Kind of going with a red theme on my DNA right now...maybe a sick red/black Beats theme...?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

tegtke

Mar 27, 2011
Reactions: boushidosan

boushidosan

Mar 27, 2009
Belton
Very nice CRT works using viper tweaks. You got anything in red in the works? Kind of going with a red theme on my DNA right now...maybe a sick red/black Beats theme...?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I just put a red version of the htc animation up, I also created a beats by dre animation and a splash to go with it as well in my other thread

Last edited:
Reactions: kenohki88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit for instructions goes to jonno95, without him I wouldnt have become inspired enough to make this!

Instructions:

1. On your phone using a root explorer navigate to /system/customize/resource and rename the original downanimation.zip (just in case you want to easily go back to it)

2. Copy the new downanimation.zip to your phone then using root explorer copy it to /system/customize/resource and make sure the permissions are like the original. rw r-- r-- I believe.

(alternate step 2) (pointed out by stillthisguy) If you have ViperDNA by nit then you can go into Venom Tweaks>Advanced>Custom downanimation. It will find all of your .zip files and you just choose the one you want to use.

The first request is done and attached. (be sure and rename to downanimation.zip or hTC_downanimation.zip, et cetera)

Goodies:
    link to gif preview:

link to downanimation.zip files
    Green Pyre

CRT turning off

RED Pyre

beats by dre

Quote from this thread about enhancing shutdown animation's framerate:
    Find /system/customize/CID/default.xml and edit it with es file manager, near the bottom you'll see:

<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip" image="" fps="30" />

Now you just change the number next to the fps to whatever frame rate per second you want, and you can designate what zip name it uses, mine is hTC_downanimation.zip.
    Exit, Saving changes, and hold-click or w/e to open the options submenu over the file default.xml, and change its permissions to rw r-- r--

Profit!

I take requests. I have a version where the HTC logo fades in to picture too if someone wants that as well.
    Okay guys I have finished making the CRT animation for you! I added a link to the download above!

Here is the link:

CRT downanimation

http://d-h.st/82Z
    That's super cool! thanks!