Or Continue to Thread: The OUYA console... is it doom…
Find Your Device:
22nd February 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 326

3,288 posts
I am a gamer and LOVE old school games and already have similar function with a Toshiba Excite 7.7 and its multimedia dock. Catch is that cost over $400 together. I can see the appeal of this device. People should appreciate this device will run faster since will not be closed in like a tablet. It will be running as fast as they can get it to and not melt- it does have a vent slot

The 808 Android stick needs tinkering to work as needed, plus will not be as fast for gaming and stuff like MAME, N64 and PSX. Also, the O has a gamepad with it and ready to use without tinkering for performance. I am not sure if I will get this, but think the Tegra 4 version might be the true big player for this platform. Do not be surprised if one with a Tegra 4 releases toward end of year, since too good to pass up for holiday sales.

I still might end up getting one of these, but just bought a 128GB iPad 4 and still have my TF300 with keyboard. I use them all for different stuff.

Looking forward to reviews of the "O" !

IMO, the gamepad, device and features would be worth the $40 or so premium over the Android thumb sticks. Then of course there is the Nvida game device and the Gamestick device that is like the Ouya in premise. The Nvidia DOES have a Tegra 4, but end of year launch. The Nvidia device though will be at least the cost of a good tablet.

BTW, Tegra 3 performs MUCH better than the Rockchips as far as higher def video content.
Last edited by rushless; 22nd February 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Addtion about video