Due to recent updates, I've decided to remove the option to install Hashcode's 2nd bootloader. There are too many areas where things can go wrong so I think it would be best to let the user follow the small handful of instructions in the 2nd bootloader thread to get it done. IMO, it is not worth the risk to rely on the user to make sure a downgraded stock bootloader is installed before running the script. Plus I think using a script toinstall the downgraded bootloader gives users a false sense of safety in what is potentially very dangerous to do.

ROOT PLUS for 2nd Generation Kindle Fires

That's right. This works for ALL 2nd generation Kindle Fires

What does it do?

The screenshot above should answer that question pretty quickly.

What do you need to know?

Since Hashcode's bootloader hack is device specific, you must download the version for your device. Each one has the exact same script but the stack, boot and recovery images are different for each particular device. You must have the SoupKit installed for this to work properly. It installs in the same way as the SoupKit; unzip, double click, run in terminal, blah blah.

Make sure you have ADB enabled under “Security” in the settings.

Anything else?

At any point after installation, if you need to run the utility again, just type "rootplus" in the terminal.

What's next?

I have a few more things in store for you guys and they will all be made for the SoupKit. As packages are installed, just type the name of the package in any terminal to launch them at any point (hence "modular"). Everything will be easy to install, easy to launch, and new user friendly.

Don't be skerrd. Move out of your comfort zone a little and give Linux and SoupKit a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Credits:

* Bin4ry - of course, for providing the root exploit
* prokennexusa and his team - for testing this out on all of the second generation devices
* Thepooch - for extensive testing and always being there to lend a hand

Downloads:

SoupKit - http://d-h.st/PbX

RootPlus for all Kindle Fires - http://d-h.st/jOe