Or Continue to Thread: [ROM] CM 10.1 (Android 4.2) fo…
Find Your Device:
24th February 2013, 12:56 PM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 54

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee

I have a request : restore/add USB Mass storage like in ICS.

I'd like to re-bump and raise attention on the above - maybe epinter can share his opinion to this?

On some GS2- and GS3-Roms this has been made possible. See here or here or on LG Nitro here

Edit: I tried SGS3 Easy UMS and after following these steps I got an USB-Mass-Storage Drive letter on my Windows7!!!
Quote:

Now follow these steps:

1. On your Windows 7 computer you will see it will try to install “SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device” as one of the drivers and fail *this is normal*
2. Go into Device Manager on your computer, right click “SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device” and select “Properties”
3. Click on the “Driver” tab and click the “Update Driver” button, a prompt will then come up
4. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” on the next screen
5. Select “USB Mass Storage Device” as the new driver from that list and finish up that install
6. At the end you will see something like this on your computer – Screenshot Here
7. Windows will install final drivers automatically and a new “Disk drive” will show up on your computer, this is your external SD card on your device

Keep in mind that it is not possible to get access to the internal storage as USB mass storage device.

Edit~2: Above is somehow off topic, since I'm currently running a JB build. But, just to see: it *is* working on RHD.
Last edited by sxg75; 24th February 2013 at 01:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sxg75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]