[4th August 2014] List of all problems for Xperia Z

Search This thread

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
UPDATED 4th August 2014
UPDATE: ONLY REPORT ISSUES IF YOU ARE ON STOCK ROM
Hey guys, here is a list of all the problems that i have seen on the xperia z forums as i was browsing.
just wanted to share and put it into one place.
Feel free to contribute, i will update post when new problems are discovered

NOTE: these are issues encountered on the 434 firmware
FOR 434 FIRMWARE:
1. weak wifi strength
2. phone does get a bit hot
3. camera takes a long time to load
There is a new 253 firmware that improves performance and the wifi signal strength and possibly other optimisations too

FOR 253 FIRMWARE:
1. Camera still takes a while to load, although it is slightly quicker
2. Wifi is still a bit weak

I feel the phone doesn't get as hot anymore and that the camera quality has improved

FOR 101 FIRMWARE:
1. Memory management seems to be an issue, apps stop multitasking properly after about a week.
2. people reported dialer and messages app being slow, although i haven't had that issue.
3. Camera still takes a while to open, just like on original firmware

TO DO LIST: new .227 or .230 kitkat firmware.

It looks like the wifi is actually strong now too
issues are slowly disappearing. yay

FOR 230 KITKAT FIRMWARE
1. camera still takes a long time to start
2. device has gotten laggier, most noticeably when pulling down the notification shade
3. Sometimes cannot make outgoing calls and cannot receive calls, restarting the device fixes the issue

Last edited:

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
sometimes **** happens

80422833.jpg

:)

Vivoin3d

Jun 5, 2011
Hey guys, here is a list of all the problems that i have seen on the xperia z forums as i was browsing.
Feel free to contribute, i will update post on daily basis, or i will try to..

1. LED not working for SMS, whatsapp etc
2. Stamina Mode sometimes not turning on/working
3.Music stored on SD card jumps for some users
4.Sleep of death where screen refuses to turn on for some users
5. Google services chewing battery for some users, although this isnt a specific xperia z issue..
6. A FEW users have reported some dead pixels
7. A FEW users report device getting abnormally hot

Thats all i can find for now

Are you sure those are all actual problems with the phone and not also due to the software/user? My opinion based on my one week experience with my Z:
1) Thought that my LED wasn't working too but then I found out that it doesn't work in stamina mode only - which makes also sense seen that the stamina mode cuts background apps/connections.
2) Isn't the stamina mode always on once you activated it?
3) seems to be a problem with slow microSD cards. Using a 64gb Samsung pro card with about 32 gb files on it without jumps
4) if you need to reset/reboot a smartphone and then it works fine again, it's not a hardware problem but a software problem. Should be a good idea to check if they use branded Xperia Z or if they bought it from Sony directly. And which country/continent are they from.
5) Has nothing to do with the Xperia z

Reactions: Aziziamran

jigarpatel22

Feb 1, 2013
Pune

5. Google services chewing battery for some users, although this isnt a specific xperia z issue..

Nice to have thread which state all issues found in xperia z.

I would be great if we can put solution for that said problem if one exist, it will be great help to the new user like me.

Sony Xperia Z will be my first smart phone, :)

argh2000

Nov 28, 2003
I faced few problem with my XZ, no sure if some of the apps I've install may cause the problems.
- Camera unable to open and sometimes causing reboot ( even 3rd party app ie FX camera and activating from whatsapp have the same problem)
- phone took 5-10 sec to display contact and shows dialing when I call
- facebook occasionally crash

My just major concern is the camera issue.

Apps running:
smartstay
AVG anti virus pro
Stamina mode on

Edit: found the cause of camera crash issue, it was due to smartstay app.Uninstall and problem solved.

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
I faced few problem with my XZ, no sure if some of the apps I've install may cause the problems.
- Camera unable to open and sometimes causing reboot ( even 3rd party app ie FX camera and activating from whatsapp have the same problem)

Apps running:
smartstay
AVG anti virus pro
Stamina mode on

well facebook itself is just a terrible app lol,
not sure about the camera issue :S first time i have heard of it.

Reactions: tacoeater1999

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Are you sure those are all actual problems with the phone and not also due to the software/user? My opinion based on my one week experience with my Z:
1) Thought that my LED wasn't working too but then I found out that it doesn't work in stamina mode only - which makes also sense seen that the stamina mode cuts background apps/connections.
2) Isn't the stamina mode always on once you activated it?
3) seems to be a problem with slow microSD cards. Using a 64gb Samsung pro card with about 32 gb files on it without jumps
4) if you need to reset/reboot a smartphone and then it works fine again, it's not a hardware problem but a software problem. Should be a good idea to check if they use branded Xperia Z or if they bought it from Sony directly. And which country/continent are they from.
5) Has nothing to do with the Xperia z

1. from what i have read, some people were having issues with the LED even with stamina mode off, which may be related to the next point.
2. i have seen some people where they reported that apps were not freezing properly during stamina mode :S

i can't "confirm" these as stated in the OP, its from what i have read,
but yeah, i get it home today and i will try it out and try to confirm some things

decentgi

Mar 24, 2012
sydney
1. from what i have read, some people were having issues with the LED even with stamina mode off, which may be related to the next point.
2. i have seen some people where they reported that apps were not freezing properly during stamina mode :S

i can't "confirm" these as stated in the OP, its from what i have read,
but yeah, i get it home today and i will try it out and try to confirm some things

how did you get yours so quickly in oz ?

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Nice to have thread which state all issues found in xperia z.

I would be great if we can put solution for that said problem if one exist, it will be great help to the new user like me.

Sony Xperia Z will be my first smart phone, :)

These aren't problems found in all the phones haha
dont need to worry, just SOME users were having these issues

akll

Mar 5, 2013

Had my Z for four days, first day i played it with wi-fi, no problems at all.
Day after i shuted it down (and waited for a min) and install my sim and new 32G sdcard, i switched it on and just had a second of vibration and then had no reponse.
I tried to connect the charge station, charged with USB connection, push the button for over ten seconds.... no LED or boot image.
At last i connected to computer with USB connection + VOL up + power button, then the charging battery image came out, then i could power it up again. That's wierd.

Reactions: ktmman

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Day after i shuted it down (and waited for a min) and install my sim and new 32G sdcard, i switched it on and just had a second of vibration and then had no reponse.
I tried to connect the charge station, charged with USB connection, push the button for over ten seconds.... no LED or boot image.
At last i connected to computer with USB connection + VOL up + power button, then the charging battery image came out, then i could power it up again. That's wierd.

yeah, my htc incredible s used to like to play dead until it's mainboard failed and finally died..

that happened pretty often for my on my G-Nexus, but it had about a year of use on it before it actually started doing that. I remember cause I would freak out at first when it wouldn't turn on but after a couple of minutes if trying different things it came on.

shaoran_ojo

Jan 5, 2012
I'm having problem with gmail and current apps.
For gmail, when I open some mails it just close the app every time. (Can open just fine on my tablet)
For current, when I open feeds with other languages news. It just go back on the topic after I pressed to read (only English works)

And my device is pretty damn hot after using it for a while.

But overall I still love it more than my previous S3 lol.

C6603 HK.

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
For gmail, when I open some mails it just close the app every time. (Can open just fine on my tablet)
For current, when I open feeds with other languages news. It just go back on the topic after I pressed to read (only English works)

C6603 HK.

i agree with the device getting hot.
i was using it and just setting up my phone through settings,
and the top part was almost too hot to touch...
but it does cool down pretty quickly, i left it alone for about a minute and it was cool

Wh1techapel

Feb 25, 2013
Oxford
Re: List of all problems for Xperia Z

So glad I changed my mind and went for the HTC One, I had a feeling the Xperia would he riddled with issues.

Hope they all get sorted for you guys!

gm007

May 29, 2011
Re: List of all problems for Xperia Z

Guys don't forget this is the first firmware,an update will fix most of the issues ;)

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sometimes **** happens

80422833.jpg

:)
    UPDATED 4th August 2014
    UPDATE: ONLY REPORT ISSUES IF YOU ARE ON STOCK ROM
    Feel free to contribute, i will update post when new problems are discovered

NOTE: these are issues encountered on the 434 firmware
    FOR 434 FIRMWARE:
    1. weak wifi strength
    2. phone does get a bit hot
    3. camera takes a long time to load
    There is a new 253 firmware that improves performance and the wifi signal strength and possibly other optimisations too

FOR 253 FIRMWARE:
    1. Camera still takes a while to load, although it is slightly quicker
    2. Wifi is still a bit weak

I feel the phone doesn't get as hot anymore and that the camera quality has improved

FOR 101 FIRMWARE:
    1. Memory management seems to be an issue, apps stop multitasking properly after about a week.
    2. people reported dialer and messages app being slow, although i haven't had that issue.
    3. Camera still takes a while to open, just like on original firmware

TO DO LIST: new .227 or .230 kitkat firmware.

It looks like the wifi is actually strong now too
    issues are slowly disappearing. yay

FOR 230 KITKAT FIRMWARE
    1. camera still takes a long time to start
    2. device has gotten laggier, most noticeably when pulling down the notification shade
    3. Sometimes cannot make outgoing calls and cannot receive calls, restarting the device fixes the issue

yeah, my htc incredible s used to like to play dead until it's mainboard failed and finally died..

C6603 HK.

i agree with the device getting hot.
    i was using it and just setting up my phone through settings,
    and the top part was almost too hot to touch...
    but it does cool down pretty quickly, i left it alone for about a minute and it was cool

Apps running:
    smartstay
    AVG anti virus pro
    Stamina mode on

Edit: found the cause of camera crash issue, it was due to smartstay app.Uninstall and problem solved.