[LOST AND FOUND!]Samsung Galaxy S III

Search This thread

ladynaamah

May 20, 2010
Hello,

I've found Samsung Galaxy S III White in the bar at Budweis (Southern Bohemia, Czech Rep.) yesterday... So i've picked it up and decided to find its rightful owner... BUT...

It seems like some gipsy put a great effort in attepmt to bypass IMEI validation... the IMEI is blank (0049....) and so the serial number, the white sticker (don't know how to tell it in english :D) behind battery is missing... wifi mac adress is apparently spoofed (vendor ID is Realtek, should be Samsung) similar story with bt mac... so i didn't went to police... they would take it from me and put it in the shelf forever...

If you know someone who was around budweis and lost or got stolen white SGSIII, pm me please... Albeit rendered unusable by some d**khead, you might contact samsung to fix your phone up, it might not be that much money compared to value of the phone...

Be prepared to answer few questions about the phone, i need a proof that you (or your friend who claims that the phone belongs to her/him) is rightful owner... (that's why i'm not posting photos here)

PS: if someone knows how to recover IMEI from totally blank EFS without backup (at least read it maybe it's printed on PCB or something...), i'm all ears, it might help a lot... The police should be able to find the owner using IMEI...

Last edited:

ladynaamah

May 20, 2010
It would be a deathwish to scream "hey i'm the one who stole ur phone from ur pocket! and then fcked it up hard cause i didn't know that even 3310 had IMEI and was rendered useless after theft! Come and punch me in mah face!"

The more likely is the story that someone thought that it's not hard nut to crack, then done his job on this poor hardware, gave up and decided to bury evidence by wiping it from fingerprints and leaving it somewhere where sooner or later anyone find it and will try similar approach as him...

Maybe my righteous behavior have origin in having Xperia S, which i personally love and would be mad as hell if something like this happened to me...

Mikulec

Oct 19, 2007
Sereď
Hello,

I've found Samsung Galaxy S III White in the bar at Budweis (Southern Bohemia, Czech Rep.) yesterday... So i've picked it up and decided to find its rightful owner... BUT...

It seems like some gipsy put a great effort in attepmt to bypass IMEI validation... the IMEI is blank (0049....) and so the serial number, the white sticker (don't know how to tell it in english :D) behind battery is missing... wifi mac adress is apparently spoofed (vendor ID is Realtek, should be Samsung) similar story with bt mac... so i didn't went to police... they would take it from me and put it in the shelf forever...

If you know someone who was around budweis and lost or got stolen white SGSIII, pm me please... Albeit rendered unusable by some d**khead, you might contact samsung to fix your phone up, it might not be that much money compared to value of the phone...

Be prepared to answer few questions about the phone, i need a proof that you (or your friend who claims that the phone belongs to her/him) is rightful owner... (that's why i'm not posting photos here)

PS: if someone knows how to recover IMEI from totally blank EFS without backup (at least read it maybe it's printed on PCB or something...), i'm all ears, it might help a lot... The police should be able to find the owner using IMEI...

Did u post it to androidforum.cz , theres more chances that someone from CR will see that.

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
Nice job, OP. You're a really good person! We need more people like you in the world! :good:

Mr. Clown

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear a Clown
Staff member
Nov 29, 2008
Lake Ridge, Virginia
faith-in-humanity-restored-thumb.jpg

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
maybe u can send him an email if he using one on his GS3 or maybe u can look at his contacts and look for dad - mom or friends group and call one of them maybe it will work :)

ladynaamah

May 20, 2010
maybe u can send him an email if he using one on his GS3 or maybe u can look at his contacts and look for dad - mom or friends group and call one of them maybe it will work :)

Great idea but unfortunately the data partition was erased, possibly because SGS III as i've learned by browsing settings have some anti-theft functionality in it, and the person who stole it had pretty comprehensive knowledge about how android works, so wiping data was possibly one of the first things he has done... also the phone is obviously rooted and since it uses pretty much stock ROM (its not even deodexed...) it was possibly required to ruin it the way it is...

Maybe its not visible very well but does anyone have any idea where IMEI could be when mtp partition is wiped? The phone's warranty is screwed up as it doesnt have the sticker below battery so i'm willing to open if anyone is positive that it's written somewhere on ie. pcb but i personally doubt it cause i've never seen it before and would be very surprised to see it now so i don't even bother putting it apart as i might harm the poor device even more...

Kcake

May 16, 2012
Post #11 makes no sense. You said you picked up the phone in post #1 and in post #11 you're talking about theft? I smell a rat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

ladynaamah

May 20, 2010
Please, guys... maybe my english is not that brilliant, but i believe it's clearly stated
...and the person who stole it...

As i've said, it was really messed up by some tard... dunno why he actually bothered removing that sticker below battery...

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Why are you so sure the phone belongs to a person? The IMEI being 0049... and no sticker could point to it being a shop demo model, open the phone, look at the flash chip and see if there is a green or white sticker with the words PAP.

ladynaamah

May 20, 2010
Impossible... shop demo models at least here in czech republic are allways units intended for sale by manufacturer... also they are perfectly secured and close to shop personnel in case that someone gets that fancy... we have a lot of thieves in czech republic unfortunately... but i'll try to put it apart in case i find something useful...

edit: no such sticker (or any sticker at all) found,,, reassembled...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Nice to see there is some honor and decency left in this world, well done OP
    Found phone in a bar? Very cliche :) Maybe it's the s4 prototype? :p

Seriously, well done for being so righteous. There are not a lot of guys like you out there unfortunately.
    +1:confused:

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!