Bricked? RUU Prob.

Search This thread

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
Help! My DNA isn't working. I just used the unlock bootloader (Still s-on) and I had my recovery flashed so as usual I wiped all data and had a rom ready to sideload, but when I went to sideload everything said "Couldn't mount" and I couldnt do anything. So I got the RUU and I started to flash it and all of a sudden I keep getting error:178 image file. I saw someone else had this problem and they had a rom flashed and they got back in after unlocking it again but I dont have a rom installed so I have nothing. (Yes I relocked the bootloader when trying to flash the RUU and I did run it as an Admin.) Someone please help me :(

Edit: Phone is now fixed, I went to IRC and a guy named Beaups took remote control and fixed it. Im not sure if thats his XDA username or not but if you guys see him make sure to give him a thanks :D Night everyone

Last edited:

rootntootn

Dec 28, 2011
Help! My DNA isnt working. I just used the unlock bootloader (Still s-on) and I had my recovery flashed so as usual I wiped all data and had a rom ready to sideload, but when I went to sideload everything said "Couldnt mount" and I couldnt do anything. So I got the RUU and I started to flash it and all of a sudden I keep getting error:178 image file. I saw someone else had this problem and they had a rom flashed and they got back in after unlocking it again but I dont have a rom installed so I have nothing. (Yes I relocked the bootloader when trying to flash the RUU and I did run it as an Admin.) Someone please help me :(

Did you use this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2017525

I am unfamiliar with sideload but seems like with the correct files and the right person with sideload experience, you should be ok, Someone will step up here, may take a bit.

Reactions: Halcyon7

CharliesTheMan

Its ok its very fixable, at this point. Just be very careful and very patient.

The worst thing you can do with something like this is get in a hurry or try to fix it while you're still very stressed out.

I'm passing on this advice because I almost screwed up yesterday because I made a boo boo and was in a huge hurry.

I'm going to wait for someone who knows more about this particular issue to chime in, but you have my word, I will help you resolve it after I do some more research while I wait for someone with more information or experience to post some info.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
In the original unlock downloader thread, there is a link to an irc chatroom, I would suggest you go there as well as look for help here, and be patient waiting for some one to respond ...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
Did you use this?

I am unfamiliar with sideload but seems like with the correct files and the right person with sideload experience, you should be ok, Someone will step up here, may take a bit.

Thats pretty much what I did but I keep getting that error:178 image file problem when its trying to finish (I am using the RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE_1.15.605.4_Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV_VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe RUU) Also my phone is recognized as 2.04 when I haven't flashed anything

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Help! My DNA isnt working. I just used the unlock bootloader (Still s-on) and I had my recovery flashed so as usual I wiped all data and had a rom ready to sideload, but when I went to sideload everything said "Couldnt mount" and I couldnt do anything. So I got the RUU and I started to flash it and all of a sudden I keep getting error:178 image file. I saw someone else had this problem and they had a rom flashed and they got back in after unlocking it again but I dont have a rom installed so I have nothing. (Yes I relocked the bootloader when trying to flash the RUU and I did run it as an Admin.) Someone please help me :(

Re-Unlock your bootloader with your Unlock token (Unlock_code.bin) then do a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and use the CWM recovery that is 6.0.2.8 (i believe is the most recent version) and you should be able to sideload your rom ... or if sideloading doesnt work just do an adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip and that will put the rom that you want to use on the root of the sdcard and then you can flash that there...

This should hopefully get you working again...

Last edited:

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
I had a similar situation recently. I am unlocked and s-off and i accepted the 2.04 update. I needed to go back to the original firmware but the ruu wouldnt flash and gave me an error 158 image error. The only way i was able to run the ruu was to revert my hboot and radio from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38379254&postcount=19. Im sure there is another way, but this helped me.....good luck.

I keep getting this when I flash the hboot

C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash z
ip PL83IMG.zip
sending 'zip' (434 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.205s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 0.274s

and when I flash the Radio I get

C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash z
ip PL83IMG.zip
error: cannot load 'PL83IMG.zip': Unknown error

Last edited:

beasleyj62

Aug 26, 2011
you re-locked your bootloader.....
try what .torrented suggested or re-unlock and try to re-flash the zips.

Last edited:

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
All I needed to run the RUU was the ENG Hboot. Flash it then you should be able to install the RUU provided you have the correct drivers installed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

beasleyj62

Aug 26, 2011
I'm away from my pc right now but if you look around the forum for the link to stock recovery, it might help as suggested above

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Halcyon7

Nov 3, 2012
The RUU flashes a stock recovery... all that is required for running the RUU is a LOCKED bootloader...

Did you by chance take the OTA op? because if you did the RUU wont work...

No I haven't. I used the s-off facepalm method and I did everything as it said and now when I went into recovery nothing will mount and my device when trying to use the RUU says its a 2.04. So I didnt take the ota but thats what it is recognized as

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you use this?

Its ok its very fixable, at this point. Just be very careful and very patient.

The worst thing you can do with something like this is get in a hurry or try to fix it while you're still very stressed out.

I'm passing on this advice because I almost screwed up yesterday because I made a boo boo and was in a huge hurry.

I'm going to wait for someone who knows more about this particular issue to chime in, but you have my word, I will help you resolve it after I do some more research while I wait for someone with more information or experience to post some info.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    I had a similar situation recently. I am unlocked and s-off and i accepted the 2.04 update. I needed to go back to the original firmware but the ruu wouldnt flash and gave me an error 158 image error. The only way i was able to run the ruu was to revert my hboot and radio from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38379254&postcount=19. Im sure there is another way, but this helped me.....good luck.

Re-Unlock your bootloader with your Unlock token (Unlock_code.bin) then do a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and use the CWM recovery that is 6.0.2.8 (i believe is the most recent version) and you should be able to sideload your rom ... or if sideloading doesnt work just do an adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip and that will put the rom that you want to use on the root of the sdcard and then you can flash that there...

This should hopefully get you working again...
    you re-locked your bootloader.....
    try what .torrented suggested or re-unlock and try to re-flash the zips.