Samsung Galaxy SIII vs S4 (or any other phone) comparison

Search This thread

Fienman

May 28, 2012
I believe they have it wrong the a15s are 1.6 and a7s at 1.2

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
1 days 2 s4

Seriously man how much more of a hypocrite can you be.
Did you even go to the link and read the article.
Even if you didnt is it really hard to figure out that if you want to restrict the power consumption you decrease the clock speed of the cores that consume more power.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app​

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
I find it funny how people are sad/annoyed at the CPU clocking - if you want a higher level, overclock it simple as :p Also in terms of CPU, undervolting is riskier now that we've got the Octa core setup at two different speeds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They has to headroom for overclocking, Exynos 4412 was a great OCer, S4 Pro in the Nexus 4 hated CPU overclocking, there is no guarantee that the Exynos Octa A15s will overclock well, without outputting dangerous amounts of heat.

rickoslyder

Jan 27, 2011
Dublin/Paris(back and forth)
Hmm so why they even used the Big.LITTLE tech if they will UC the A-15 cores to 1.2 :silly:
huh the Exynos 5410 @1.9 got 24000 in antutu so i think @1.2 A-15 cores will have same performance as A-9 @1.6 cores :cyclops:

For power savings, as they've said over and over on press releases and different websites. If you don't liked it UCed, then change that yourself.

Brutally murdering someone I met on XDA with a sharpened iPhone and some semtex butt plugs just because they asked me to using Tapatalk 2

mkim055

Jun 30, 2012
Auckland
I dont know why so many ppl cry about software side, how many of you are not going to root the phone, use custom kernel, aftermarket launcher and whole bunch of tweaks, then later on say stuff like "omg tyty xxxx my s4 is super fast now"....

Hardware wise, Samsung smartphone evolution is like looking at a marathon runner's progression

How do people react when a nobody runner show up and set world record? pretty obvious.

How do those same people react when that person break his own world record? would still be amazed, right?

Then, you hear less and less about him cuz he aint got juice left to set new record but still fit enough to win gold medals. What would some of those people say? prob something not so good.

You QQers are the kind of people.

Why dont YOU try putting the latest hardware gadgets together everytime and fit all of them into what Samsung has achieved with galaxy series, instead of QQing about how they lack certain hardware tech.

Whenever they introduce new phone, isnt it pretty obvious that the tech difference to its predecessor will become smaller and smaller, unless there is a breakthrough in tech altogether.

Make better use of yourself instead of QQing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru
Seriously man how much more of a hypocrite can you be.
Did you even go to the link and read the article.
Even if you didnt is it really hard to figure out that if you want to restrict the power consumption you decrease the clock speed of the cores that consume more power.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

:confused::confused::confused:
Hypocrite how was I being hypocritical? Do u know what a hypocrite is

Anyways the website u visted had it wrong if u read u would see they used words like appeared indicating they weren't sure I don't know how what I said could have been deemed hypocritical

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
1 days 2 s4

GoJo ^^

Dec 2, 2011
It's now definitive. The S4 is just a S3s. Going to pay +200e for that? No thanks.. Wish Xperia Z and HTC had microSD AND removable battery :(

So now I look on the S3 but there's this shi*, phone stop working after 200 days..? Wouldn't be surprising if S4 had it too!

Sent from my GT-I9100

Fienman

May 28, 2012
:confused::confused::confused:
Hypocrite how was I being hypocritical? Do u know what a hypocrite is

Anyways the website u visted had it wrong if u read u would see they used words like appeared indicating they weren't sure I don't know how what I said could have been deemed hypocritical

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
1 days 2 s4

Okay I agree that hypocrite is the wrong word. I m sorry .
But the website I mentioned is a pretty reliable. I dont expect them to be wrong. Anyways we'll know for sure in a few days. But they do seem to be making a valid point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app​

uvaman

Oct 28, 2010
The insiders of SamMobile directly started mailing to us after the announcement of Samsung. They are unhappy because Samsung created that much prototypes so they got confused. First of all he wants to say sorry for the misinformation but this is not everything! Our insider reported Samsung chose for the cheapest Galaxy S 4 prototype.

Samsung chose for the full polycarbonate version and Super AMOLED display which has a sort of Pentile structure!

Samsung dropped the version of plastic with the corners of metal / aluminium and PHOLED display with RGB structure!

There was also a full metal version but this version couldn’t make trough the first round. Which directly hints to that Samsung completly ISN’T ready to build full metal devices. Which is sad for a lot of people. According to our insider the Galaxy S 4 is easy to build like the way Samsung chose to do so. The premium feeling is totally gone because of the missing metal / aluminium materials.

oO

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Is that good or? Is it better then on S3?

lukair1983

Jan 14, 2012
oO

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Is that good or? Is it better then on S3?
I don't understand these people.

In the news you quoted they say:

"Samsung dropped the version of plastic with the corners of metal / aluminium and PHOLED display with RGB structure!"

So they say they dropped the PHOLED display, which means they didn't use it.

But in the s4 release news one of their employee says:

"2 RGB = PHOLED PENTILE = AMOLED."

So is it PHOLED or it's not?!

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-3.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-1.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-4.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-2.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-9.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-7.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-10.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-8.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-5.jpg

nexusae0_GALAXY-S-4-Product-Image-12.jpg

:cool:

mkim055

Jun 30, 2012
Auckland
Hmm, interesting. Looks like Samsung ditched round pebble design, well not completely.

mkim055

Jun 30, 2012
Auckland
What us s3 users should be worried about is how many of the current developers will still continue their work for s3, not how much difference there is between s3 and s4; for people sticking with s3 that is.

I personally hope Andrei_Lux continue Perseus kernel development for s3. =D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All new, released, rumored or announced devices should be discussed here. Please keep it relevant to the Galaxy SIII with specs comparisons. All other threads discussion other devices will be closed. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Its simple human nature .... more fame and when you are on top of the chain= more hate.. you cant stop it.. htc forums talk about samsung more than they talk about their own phones..it shows that samsung is doing things right and getting in their head..

I m sure samsung will blow out the competition.. though htc did a good job..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!
    fine, nice idea mods :)

by the way i read some where that most of the existing powervr 5 series gpus have the hardware for opengl es 3.0 support , its just a matter of time before they get it via a driver update.

Edit:
    here is the link from anandtech
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6644/imagination-demonstrates-powervr-series-6-rogue-on-lgs-h13-soc
    I'm very disapointed with the S4

No Graphene casing
    No 3D holographic sms
    No Multi-dimensional networking
    No Integrated Quantum particle colider
    No Brain controlled apps
    No Cloaking laser beam
    No Nuclear EMP proof

Don't buy this piece of sh...
    :p
    That doesn't to be very impresive. I hope its fake lol

Not very impressive?Compared against what?Alienware laptops?My S3 is overclocked to 1.7GHz on the CPU side and 600MHz on the GPU side and still gets "only" up to around 18500 in Antutu.Even the Snapdragon 600 hovers around the 22500 mark.What did you expect?I'd like it better too,but hold on ;)

Anyway,using a PowerVR GPU gets me excited.No more half-arsed ported games and hopefully better performance than the Mali ones.The MP-400 was lovely on the S2 but it's too 2011 and ARM's T-6xx series has yet to prove it's worth something,while PowerVRs are tried and true(Although I have to admit I'll miss the MP-400's monstrous fill rate and I'll hate depending too much on resolution again).I only hope that the Exynos Octa indeed performs considerably better than the Snapdragon 600.Not because the 600 isn't good,but if they are so close in performance,the S800 will obliterate everything and even the Tegra 4 will best the Exynos.I can stand having a less powerful SoC than Qualcomm's(After all the S4 pro blew the Exynos 4412 last year) but not NVidia.I just hate these guys and they deserved being at the bottom of the performance charts.
    Anyway,sure thing is that by summer 2013 the S3 will look mid-end and the S2 will look like a toy.I can't wait to get the S4 and get it to run at 2GHz.Yes,I'm crazy. :D