Installation / Downloads
Check 2nd post for complete tips, instructions, notes and warnings.
v2.2.x to v2.3.x Special Update Instructions
Important: New v2.3.x V4A has new package name, therefore follow this installation steps carefully.Setup your Device
1. Open old v2.2.x V4A, save the effect profile.
2. Uninstall old v2.2.x V4A. Complete uninstall, including both driver and app. Reboot.
3. Install new v2.3.x V4A, choose Yes to "Install/Update". (V4A auto detects and installs correct driver.)
4. Reboot, open new v2.3.x V4A and load effect profile saved in step 1.
1. Try install V4A as user app instead of system app if the latter failed doesn't work.
2. Use Normal Mode and select V4A FX in Settings>Sound>Music Effects.
3. If don't work, use another player rather than Samsung stock Music.
1. ROOT your device.
2. Install busybox if doesn’t come with root.
3. Modify build.prop (Thanks Bradl79@xda)
a. Open up /system/build.prop in text editor using any file explorer with root access.
b. Change the line (If you can’t find these lines, skip this step.)
Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false Installation
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
1. Download, extract and copy ViPER4Android_FX/XHiFi.apk to your device.Future Updates
Option 1: Use the “Check for update” function in V4A app itself.
1. In V4A app, go to menu and select Check Update. It will redirect you to a page.
2. Install the apk as USER app or SYSTEM app is up to you. (v126.96.36.199 onwards)
3. Run FX/XHiFi app from app drawer, allow root access if asked.
4. When driver installation prompted, choose Yes.
5. V4A auto detects your CPU and show available driver modes below :
No modes: For processors with or without VFP .6. Choose your desired selection.
Battery Saving: Available for all processors with NEON.
High Quality Mode: Available for processors with NEON.
Super Audio Quality: Available for processors with NEON.
7. After installation done, Reboot device.
8. If you want to use only V4A as audio effect, follow normal mode. If you want existing audio effects to work, follow compatible mode.
Normal Mode:12. How to use IRS in Convolver? See IRS page: here.
9. In Sound settings > Music effects, always choose V4A FX unless FX is not installed.
10. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), in menu, FX Compatible Mode set to Normal Mode.
11. If not working, try Compatible mode before trying Force-Enable.
9. Do not change anything under Sound settings/
10. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), in menu, FX Compatible Mode set to Compatible Mode.
11. If not working, use Normal mode and disable other effects.
2. Download latest apk from the page.
3. Install apk and overwrite. (Replace in system/app/ if its SYSTEM app)
4. Open up FX (and XHIFI), Choose “Yes”. Reboot, done.
Option 2: Download from Website/XDA
1. Download latest FX and XHIFI apks from Website’s Downloads section or XDA.
2. Install apk and overwrite. (Replace in system/app/ if its SYSTEM app)
3. Open up FX (and XHIFI), Choose “Yes”. Reboot, done.
1. Open up V4A FX (and xhifi), go to menu and choose “Uninstall driver”.
2. After that, uninstall V4A FX (and xhifi) app itself.
3. Reboot. Done. Bye-bye V4A.
ViPER's Audio founded by ViPER520.
Co-founded by ZhuHang.
CN. vipersaudio.com / EN. facebook.com/vipersaudio
Copyright (C) 2006-2016 vipercn.com / vipersaudio.com